Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2014, 12:56 PM

Beanbags

A few months ago I was clearing out the spare room and came across an old beanbag my son had when he was a kid - a cheap Argos one in faux fur. I chucked it onto the landing, and Bogie got onto it and since then has ignored all the Tuffies beds in preference for this beanbag. A few days ago I had Pepe's heavy coat clipped off into a very short sporting clip, and he is now in competition with Bogie for the comfort of this very old and battered beanbag, which is way past its best.

So, I need to get at least one new one. Does anyone have any suggestions? I found a website, Dognests, who do very nice ones but rather expensive. The smallest one I could get away with for Bogie would be £102.95 (plus £59.55 for a spare cover) and if Pepe makes a takeover bid for that one and I decide to get him one too, I'd have to fork out at least another £112.95, plus £69.95 for a cover. I don't mind paying out for something that is worth it, but I don't want to be ripped off!

I've checked out the local petshop and they don't do them, so will need to get one online I think.

Anyone else use beanbags? I know a lot of dogs don't like them, but I've got two who obviously do! (Little Witty just tries to kill it.)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Dunelm Mills have lots of them in there stores, all different sizes, some of them huuuge.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Jantet,why not make one? Imagine it'd work out far cheaper I'm not really that good with a sewing needle but I think even I could manage that Just a thought
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Never thought of Dunelm Mill - my curtains came from there and I'm very happy with them! I'll check them out, thanks Helena.

As for me making one - you have no idea how useless I am with a needle. Witty would have the filling out in no time. When I was at school I was so useless that I wasn't allowed to take the things I made home: 'I cannot allow work of this standard to leave the school' the teacher used to write.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:19 PM
My experience is that the refill bags of beads for 'em cost more than the filled beanbags! They soon go 'down' but for pets that doesn't really matter so much as for adults trying to sit on em.

They make a hell of a mess if a seam splits so I advise buying either a faux leather (plastic!) we call it Pleather! one you can wipe over and not have to remove cover to clean. Then keep your eyes open for any cheapie second hand ones for refilling if needed.

Here's a pic of my old leather one - when it got too saggy I just plonked a cushion on top! Cat and dog both loved it.

jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
What a great picture - they both look so comfortable. I can understand why they like them - when my son first got his I used to sit on it sometimes, and it was great.

I think the leather type ones look really good, but Bogie and Pepe seem to like the very soft faux fur and I'm not sure they'd like the feel of the leather type. And I can't put a cushion or vetbed or anything on top because Witty the terrier would just attack it all the time.

Terriers are a pain.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Never thought of Dunelm Mill - my curtains came from there and I'm very happy with them! I'll check them out, thanks Helena.

As for me making one - you have no idea how useless I am with a needle. Witty would have the filling out in no time. When I was at school I was so useless that I wasn't allowed to take the things I made home: 'I cannot allow work of this standard to leave the school' the teacher used to write.
Aww bless I can sew alright,it's getting the needle threaded I have problems with
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Great beanbags.com and Beanbag bazaar both have 1/2 price sales on at the mo.Sorry can't post a link,maybe worth a look
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Ooh, I like the sound of half price! I'll put the kettle on and make a cuppa, and check them out.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >