Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 11:08 AM

Heartwarming story to start my day

On Jan 13 on my local forum this bag of bones abandoned hunting dog was on with an appeal for someone to give it a home.

No responses until the original poster returned today to say he was so sweet she kept him herself even tho' she had other dogs already.

Pic speaks for itself - one VERY contented, safe and happy dog no longer on the streets.

All these dogs have been rescued off the streets here. You can see for yourself how they don't have any problems assimilating themselves into a 'proper home' instead of a cage in a field and also getting on with a mottley assortment of other dogs. Never any 'gradual getting them used to each other' needed. Too blimmin' EUPHORIC to discover such a thing as a SOFA if you ask me to bother about whether they like the other dogs!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Awwww makes you feel good to see that !
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 11:14 AM
That's just the best does you're heart good to hear something like that...BRILLIANT
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes ladies. And one less dog being starved and subjected to industrial firecrackers to 'get it used' to the sound of guns. Then turfed out when proved useless as a hunting dog or worse still - shot. It's the bluddy hunters who are useless. Might sound awful but ... at the beginning of every season it is usually a hunter that gets shot before any other creature - and that brings a great big smile to my face!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
This is a typical 'start of hunting season' report - there are many others.

43-year-old Adamos Papantoniou, a tourist agent from Ayia Napa, reportedly lost his balance and fell into a 3-metre ravine whilst hunting in the Paphos area. His dead body was discovered by a friend, and a subsequent autopsy ruled out foul play.

Six more accidents occurred during the day, said investigators. At 6am, a 52-year-old in Peristerona was shot by another hunter. He was hospitalised and is out of danger. Then, at 8.39am, the second accident happened in the Paphos area in Inia village when a 77-year-old was injured by shotgun pellets. He was hurt in the face, and then taken to Polis Chrysochous hospital where he was treated with first aid and released. A third man fell into a 5-metre ravine and was hospitalised in Paphos General Hospital. He is also out of danger, said police.

Two other men - aged 46 and 65 - were shot by other hunters whilst hunting near Ayios Theodoros Soleas. However, their injuries were superficial and after receiving first aid they were released from hospital.

A 64-year-old man hunting near Moni Ayiou Georgiou Alamanou was not as lucky. He shot himself in the stomach after a fall, and was seriously injured. Kyriakos Andreou is in surgery for his injuries in Limassol General Hospital, said police.
If you saw how they not only treat their dogs but illegally trap songbirds too - you might understand why I smile when I read stories like these.

And I kid you not someone even started a 'Hunting casualty sweepstake' in Paphos

Would you like to join the P.P Hunting casualty sweepstake ??
Simply put your number below as to how many hunting casualties will be reported on the first day of the hunting season , the official figure is the one that will be reported in the Cyprus mail on Tuesday coming ..
The bets placed make for quite funny reading ... sadly true words spoken in jest

http://paphospeople.com/ppforum/view...hp?f=2&t=22942
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Can't believe there's a casualty sweepstake but OMG how careless are these people?Do you even need a licence to own a gun or can any Tom,Dick or Harry decide to go hunting?
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Lacey
To answer your question ,you do need a licence to own a shotgun or rifle ,believe it or not there is a lengthily process to go through ,police checks ,(although there has been those have slipped through the net )you must have ground that has been police checked ,they may not grant a particular calibre of rifle if the ground is not deemed suitable ,there's a lot more to it than meets the eye
Yes accidents do happen usually by the trigger happy numptys who have no respect for firearms or the safety of other hunters
Unfortunately it's not just overseas that hunting dogs are diguarded ,or just disappear, the lucky ones end up in rescue
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
What lovely ending for the dog.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 08:29 PM
aaaaawwww thats a nice happy ending for a tuesday evening. Thanks Tang.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2014, 11:25 PM
What a happy ending that dog has, they all look so contented
To be honest I'd smile like you, at those reports
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >