View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Oooooh thanks for those . I love hearing about the adventures of Bud (and you). He did really well and may that be the start of some further adventures for you both.

He's a very handsome dog and the shot of those fall as a back-drop is stunning.
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Happy and relaxed as always, he knows you'd never put him to any harm no matter how weird it seems to him that he can float on water. I love your life, your pics and especially your Bud

Please remember the camera when you take that day trip up to Work Island won'tcha, we are in awe of your surroundings just as you must be.
Hiyooo! Thankya all! Yup, he's coming along well. I'd still love to get him to enjoy swimming, but that's not something you can push on a dog. I'll keep on trying with tossing his fishing net float-on-a-rope toy into deeper water, but so far I'm the only one doing the retrieving. Doesn't help that all the water in the vicinity is colder than heck I don't imagine. At least he enjoys the canoe now; so that'll make for some more fun times I'm sure.

And yup-yup! I'll not be forgetting the cameras when I go to the island in search of the stand of old growth trees. I can see them from the docks, and they look SOOOO inviting, but to find them on the island will be sweaty work. I may make a camping trip out of it and go for two days / one night. The awesome thing about the island at this time of year, (aside from the monster trees) is that it gets the sun all day, and is at least 10 degrees warmer than Butedale; which is in the mountain shadows all day except for a couple hours from 11 am to 1 or so.

I think I may have shown you some pictures of individual seeder trees on the island, but if not, here's what they look like.

Just imagine dozens of those all growing in a few acres! Wow, can't wait! And Bud'll be in doggy heaven! The island is full of red squirrels, and he just loves chasing those lil' guys! He has no chance of ever catching one, but he doesn't know that.

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
Good boy bud, he sounds like he's getting there'
what happened to the other dog you were thinking of getting as a pal for bud?
I love reading about your life and looking at your pictures, a real live robinson crusoe lol.
Hiya! I'm still gonna be getting that doggy buddy for Bud. The Kitimat Animal Shelter is holding onto her for me until I can get into town sometime in the Spring. (April or May I would imagine.) They've had her for a more than a year because she's a dog that has so much energy that she cannot possibly be placed in with a home that doesn't have endless territory for her to play; or given to an owner that can't handle her absolute need for hours of outdoors time per day. When I contacted them and told them of where and how I live; they were pretty quick to say they'd keep her until I could come meet her with Bud. So yup! I'll be getting that lil' lady sometime in the next 2 or 3 months. She's fixed, so at least I won't have to worry 'bout puppies!

Though, Sage, the buddy I'm getting for Bud, is just as beautiful as Bud is; and they would have had stunning pups. Ah well, prob'ly better that way.

Anyhoo, I surely be posting some piccy's of Bud roaming the monstrous old growth glade, and that shouldn't be more than a couple or three days away.

Right then, thanky all! And I'll chat at ya's later.

Bud and Tiger a couple hours ago.

Cheers!
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 05:59 AM
Lovely photo of Bud and Tiger
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2