Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-01-2014, 09:59 PM

What would you say to: Victoria Stilwell

Next up, is Victoria Stilwell. What would you say to her?

Here's an example of her training method (if you want to see how other trainers approach food guarding, see the Cesar Millan thread)

Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2014, 10:06 AM
I actually quite like her, she may have started off in a slightly skewed way but she has since put a lot of effort into learning about dogs and you can't knock anyone for that

The way they dressed her though......
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 11:36 AM
WHO do you think dressed her Imana? Does it really matter about her appearance?
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2014, 12:18 PM
The production company when she first started put her in all that dominatrix type stuff

It shouldn't be important how anyone is dressed and I rail at that every day at work when I am made to dress a certain way to impress who?!? Will my work be affected by my dress? It may have affected her credibility at the time though...
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I'd thank her for her book, which after reading lots of puppy books/ dog training books becae the one that made the most sense to me and became my bible when Kibo was a pup.

I still refer to it for bits and bobs now. She's definitely on my preferred list.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 12:33 PM
I would tell her that overall she is a good egg. I would tell her that I like her body language - she stands tall and straight without any loose, floppy bits. She sends out the right message to dogs with her positive energy.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:25 PM
I'd thank her for providing the solution to a problem I was having walking Georgina. Her method was straightfoward and easy to follow .... more important it did the trick!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I like her methods, I've always watched her programmes, and learned a lot over the years. She does exactly what I would do, it all makes so much sense to me, and I love her attitude that she stands for no nonsense, same as me again (you have to be with my chosen breed I think). She's full of confidence with everything she does, and in my view, she does it the right way. I've never seen her get abusive to any dog, so I don't see anything wrong with her.

She does it all in a simple, straightforward, no nonsense approach and gets the desired results - perfick in my book!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:49 PM
She's nice to the dogs but again... she's just another T.V. star in the quest for ratings. Don't always like her methods and I think she advocates putting dogs down too quickly.

I really wouldn't have anything to say to her period TBH.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Don't always like her methods and I think she advocates putting dogs down too quickly.
where did you get that from?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >