Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
...[snip]...I don't like heart or tripe.
I have never eaten tripe but heart is delish! I usually buy turkey hearts for Pereg and when sliced lengthways they make a glorious casserole - especially if done in a slow cooker.

As and when I can get it I buy ox heart for myself [it has to be ordered specially and is expensive]. You can slice it and cook it like the most expensive steak and it is mouth-watering lovely! [Pereg gets the trimmings when I prepare it!]
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2014, 07:23 PM
No. Tonks is on naturediet salmon and potatoe but I don't like the smell. Remus is on Fromm kibble, human grade meat is used so I could eat it but I'd rather not. Tonks can't really have much else due to allergies but Remus enjoys a range of our leftovers.

Oh but both my children will eat Remus' kibble if they can get hold of it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Bella gets salmon every time I eat it (at least twice a week) and she eats raw froz. chicken every day. I will pass on the kibble and treats!

But I am sure it doesn't contain any worse stuff than what humans eat when they eat fast food or a lot of other processed food.

In fact, for some time, I've thought that quite a lot of dog owners are more particular about what they put inside their dog than they are about what they put inside themselves!

Same as they seem manic about not letting their dogs become overweight whilst not so manic about themselves being overweight!

If we really believe you are what you eat where dogs are concerned we should surely apply the same reasoning to ourselves?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Well here's what Rianna had tonight:-

One whole turkey wing, cooked and with all the fatty skin and veins etc removed leaving just the white meat.
Six big spoonfuls of boiled rice
Steamed carrots
Scrambled egg
Two frankfurter sausages (From a packet used for our 'toad in the hole' last night)
And some gravy made with a Knorr stock cube

All of that I could eat quite easily

She also had her granules which I must admit I've not tasted
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Providing I'm allowed to cook it first and I can leave the bones on the side of the plate.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Providing I'm allowed to cook it first and I can leave the bones on the side of the plate.

Tut tut! Picky picky picky!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2014, 05:10 PM
No, because I don't eat meat and its usually raw but I often think how lovely it looks!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 12:47 PM
No way, all my dogs food contains meat & I haven't touched meat since 1962 when my Dad joked that our Xmas dinner was my pet hen !!!!!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 12:55 PM
im quite partial to wainwrights turkey and rice :/
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Def not the tripe as it is really what you would call "green"... but the chicken carcasses, rabbit, pheasant liver, heart and kidney, yup and have done a real nice liver and onions in the slow cooker for us
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >