View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Awwww sorry to hear about your little chap,what a terrible thing to happen! Good luck with your quest for a new little companion.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Distance shouldn't (hopefully) be a negative, one of my puppy owners had a four hour drive each way, and they came three times in total. To meet me and the girls, to see the litter on the ground, and to collect their pup.

As far as I understand it, 10-12 weeks is about right for toy breeds to go to their new homes, they're that bit smaller (obviously) so the breeders tend to run them on for another couple of weeks. Where as my pups were on average about 7-8kgs at 8 weeks of age, and raring to go!

Glad that you're in regular touch and it sounds like this person has put your mind at ease so fingers crossed you will find yourself with a new pup from them soon.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Welcome to dogsey, THE place to be for all us furry babes lovers.. So sorry about your loss.. Run free at the bridge Alfie.
Good luck with your new little one
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi - welcome to Dogsey from Pereg and me - so very sad to hear about the terrible think that happened to poor little Alfie and I hope your new puppy will help fill the Alfie shaped hole in your heart.

Run free little Alfie, run free as fast as you can xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2014, 10:09 AM
You've received good advice about choosing of puppies from the knowledgeable ones in that field here.

Just want to say how very sorry I am to read about the absolutely dreadful way your dear dog died. And the trauma to your daughter (as well as her injuries) I am sure will stay with her for a long while.

I am disgusted that nothing can be done - especially with regard to your daughter being injured. It's the most natural thing to try to defend your dog from harm. For all anyone knows, even if she'd stood back, the dog could have then turned on her?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Sorry for the delayed reply I have only just seen this post.

I am so sorry for what happened to little Alfie, what a tragic end to a loved ones life and how traumatic for you all .

I went to visit my dogs for the first time when they were 4 weeks old and then again at 6 weeks before brining them home at 8 weeks.

I know what you mean about the house seeming so quiet without little Alfie around. When I lost my last dog after 15 years the house felt soulless. You'll all love having the patter of 4 little feet around the house again ..... very exciting
Budha
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Thank you Jenny for your lovely reply. I've been tied up this week as we just found out the owners of the dog that attacked Alfie have NOT put their dog down so we have been involved with the police and solicitors this week. We are going to see the puppies on Saturday (they will be almost 6 weeks old) and I can't wait. I'm a bit embarrassed about telling people though now as a few people (my sister included) who think its too soon and I'm replacing Alfie. They are making me feel disloyal and confused - BUT I do feel I need a little chap as I'm very fed up without anything in the house.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm sure your sister and the other people mean well with their comments,but you are not being "disloyal" to Alfie.Its really good to hear that you are excited about seeing the puppies,after what you've been through.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Budha View Post
Thank you Jenny for your lovely reply. I've been tied up this week as we just found out the owners of the dog that attacked Alfie have NOT put their dog down so we have been involved with the police and solicitors this week. We are going to see the puppies on Saturday (they will be almost 6 weeks old) and I can't wait. I'm a bit embarrassed about telling people though now as a few people (my sister included) who think its too soon and I'm replacing Alfie. They are making me feel disloyal and confused - BUT I do feel I need a little chap as I'm very fed up without anything in the house.
Hi Jane, don't feel guilty or disloyal for one moment, I have had dogs all my life and can't bear to be without one Every moment without a dog is a moment wasted for me.
You are not 'replacing a dog' this can't be done as each dog is unique . What you are doing is getting a new companions to share your life.

Good look with finding another puppy .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2