Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 06:54 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Had a nice lie in this morning till almost 7.30 and so did Zena.

Nothing planned here, except more washing and drying, so hopefully the sun will be out for that. Dave's got his accountant popping up tonight at 6 o'clock, so I'll probably pop up and meet up with Jenny if she doesn't ring me earlier today. If I take the Dongle, she might be able to get her friend to bring her lappy up when she comes up tomorrow, otherwise, there's no point is there cos I'm sure she didn't bring it.

Hope everyone is well today along with all the doglets, and will catch you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning Helena. I had a sort of lie-in Dillon wanted to go out at 5.30 so I got up then fell asleep on the sofa when he came back in and settled. Next thing I know its 1/4 to 8.

Nothing much on here today either except finishing clearing down the side of the house and maybe a bit more loft.

Have a safe and happy Sunday all. I bet Bev is.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Good morning all

Helena I envy you your lie in today I was up at 5 but not because of Marco, he was actually still asleep when I got up but I had to get up then as hubby got up for work so there was no way that Marco would have gone to sleep after he left.

No plans for me today other than a good tidy and clean up trying to catch up on two weeks of leaving Nat home alone, oh the joys
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 07:09 AM
morning h and all.
just a quickie as only got my mobile and no internet.
my move went well and i am in heaven.
we all sat in garden chatting yesterday and it was so peaceful with beautiful views across the fields.
hope u all ok.
will chat when i get back online
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:11 AM
MORNING,
BEV so happy for you Wish you all the best in your new home
LYNN & HELENA,great you both had a wee lie in,enjoy your day
CACOLL,up at 5 You'll be walking round like a zombie today
Last day before school starts back so I'll think we'll head somewhere for a spin later,will take the princess of course
Hope you all have a lovely Sunday,later xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Morning!
Bev, I'm so pleased for you. I shall look forward to seeing pics and hearing all your stories

Well it looks like I might be spending today getting dog sick stains out of the carpet
Pepsi got up at least once without us knowing and vomited in the sitting room. She is quite droopy this morning but went out for her walk quite happily.
We are now wondering whether she takes in too much salt water when she goes swimming We keep trying to link this vomiting to something, everytime we think we have cracked it we are proved wrong. So anyway no swimming for a day or two
We really don't want to put her through any invasive investigations because the majority of the time she is fine.

Oh well onwards and upwards, have a good Sunday all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
(( hugs)) to Pepsi,hope he's ok,bless him xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
(( hugs)) to Pepsi,hope he's ok,bless him xx
Thanks, I will hug HER! Lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Thanks, I will hug HER! Lol
Sugar lumps,yes meant to say her,sorry
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Morning all - Tang's back in business again with the world domination plans (starting with Cyprus) and have once again transmogrified myself into Helena lol!

Gorgeous Syrian George asked if any flats to let as Libyan Embassy worker looking for one. So I said OK he could come and see 20 (ex Moneth). Blow me down - he turns up about 20 mins after calling with TWO Libyans in tow and another Syrian pal of his - all jabbering away in Arabic with George translating back and forth.

One older single guy (apparently in charge of the Mosque) and a 30 something married guy no kids. They took BOTH flats - the 1bed and the now empty 2bed that is awaiting being sold at some stage (did tell them that but they didn't want 'contracts' and weren't too bothered.) They are in a hotel at the mo.

Then they produce their passports for ID and start chucking money at me - month security deposit and month rent so I just quickly scribbled out some receipts for them and they are moving in on MONDAY!

Big flat isn't 'furnished and fitted'. Just has cooker and hood, fridge freezer, washing machine, sofas and big dining suite. NO beds! I agreed to put one double in the big flat.

Then (to prove my transformation into Helena is complete) I got myself down to Kleima and their crazy price sale and bought a lovely pseudo leather framed aloe vera mattress 4ft bed for a mere 300 odd euro! I'm going to put my super king size in the big flat (showed it to them it is spotless but so huge I cannot move it or even lift the mattress) and have the new 4ft for myself freeing up a bit more floor space in my bedroom. Kleima said they would deliver free and assemble it for me as well yay!

Got Lucia in to clean both flats (she's still at it - even though both were cleaned in the last month - she is very diligent) and when she's finished, George is coming back with his pal to dismantle my bed and take it down there and help shift anything in here around.

I'm toying with the idea of going into the other bigger bedroom but would miss my little bedroom verandah and I am thinking it will be VERY cold in there in winter as it is on the corner with windows on both walls north and west.

The new put u up I bought and which turned out to be surplus to requirements I will put into the 2nd bedroom in the big flat as, tho they have no kids, are strict muslims and he said his wife cannot go anywhere without a man accompanying her so, when he is away, his brother will sleep there.

I've been digging out bedding, kettles and toasters and rushing round buying cheapie paper lampshades and a few towels for the single guy.

I will sleep in the spare (or far more likely on the daybed) this week as my new bed not coming until Monday next.

These guys have proper jobs so I am hoping this will be a return to just collecting rent and not having all the hassle.

Have had to turn down the one week holiday let they asked about last week. Did tell Fran (it was for her relative and she has a 1bed on 1st floor) that if she was desperate she could sleep in my spare room for a week.

She is now devasted saying it was for her SON and his girlfriend and they've bought flights. I am unperturbed. She did not tell me it was a couple (cheeky as it was going to be dirt cheap for a week thinking it was her sis and only used as a spare bedroom) Lovebird couples use far more of everything and will spend more time in there with the aircon on 24/7 as they will want to 'be alone' won't they?

I've suggested the Tuck Inn on the seafront or the Larco hotel in our street or any of the OTHER holiday let flats here (which go for circa 400 a week - I only charge 150 all in including aircon) and have said to her that, had she paid a deposit of course or had it been booked ages ago I would have felt bound to honour it. But they cannot expect the owners to forego a possible 6 or 12 month let for a miserable 150 euros which will be less than 100 time all the expenses come out! Anyway she can do what I've done in the past - sleep in her living room and let them have her bedroom!

So I am one very busy girl right now. Sent my invoice in last night and not TOUCHING work today at all.

Will update my spreadsheets for the owners later on when everyone's gone and it's peaceful and have told both of them I am paying Syrian George a 'finder's fee' of a few hundred euro as he found the tenants and I wasn't even going to be LOOKING for any this side of Xmas so it's only fair he should get something as it is extra coming in for both lots of owners.

Bella's eye seems fine today - no gunk and not even very mucky after our walk when it usually is. Still doing the boiled water and salt bathing every few hours (she loves it and sits there all pathetic with her little nose in the air til I've finished!) Strange dog - if I even looked as if I was going to bathe a PAW or her body anywhere below the waist she'd bolt under the bed and stay there for days and glare at me as if I'd tried to kill her.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »