Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Kazz, he will get better I am sure. Is it excitement and jumping up or is he barking and not happy. I'm sure you'll sort it out, you've got tons of experience all ready and waiting tucked away in your mind.

Neither really; poor lad landing himself with me LOL as most people would more than likely think he was perfect yet I expect my dog to greet people calmly and then settle down. He goes round almost demanding a fuss.....and whinning partly through excitment I know and maybe with age . But that is not what I want - I am happy more than happy for him to have a fuss but on our terms not his. I need him to gently understand as your dogs having a hirachy where he is and what is expected. But have to say he learns quickly this evening Ricky called back in and Buster said hello nicely then came and lay down.....................as we chatted.

But 11 or not he has to understand my house rules, which are not many just manners and calm. really - (P.S. I am not as harch as I sound just not a pushover) both on a learning curve him and us, once rules established and understood happiness; as of course I do not know his uirks fully yet nor he ours.
I know he can do it because he was similar when he arrived here and now when just us perfection on legs, same if just one or two people arrive he is fine it is when groups of 4-5 people arrived at once and or some coming some going there is so much energy/talking/laughing/hugging etc he/his brain gets over stimulated almost.........so the walk distracts him. He is fast getting there. But comings and goings are normal if not always daily.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Hello all,
What a fad day it's been, took Rosie out early before it got too warm,
We had a BBQ tea, only us 3, well 4 if you count Rosie
Tony mowed the back garden yesterday & the front today, and chopped the wayward tree/bush back.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Yeah Kazz,mine have a hierarchy, and it is extremely harsh on occasions, as Zen is finding out. At nearly 2 she is trying to flex her muscles and have her own way, she has recently had a couple of goes at Cariad, who isn't fighting back as she would normally have done, the others are bouncing her round the yard when she pushes her luck though
You've had a lovely day Mandy, just being a family and doing family stuff, very restful.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Yeah Kazz,mine have a hierarchy, and it is extremely harsh on occasions, as Zen is finding out. At nearly 2 she is trying to flex her muscles and have her own way, she has recently had a couple of goes at Cariad, who isn't fighting back as she would normally have done, the others are bouncing her round the yard when she pushes her luck though
You've had a lovely day Mandy, just being a family and doing family stuff, very restful.
Okay can you explain your dog's t me I know Zen is the pup/although 2 after that I am lost who is who
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2017, 10:10 PM
We have Cariad and Lona, who are sisters and 11 years old,Cariad has just been diagnosed with a High Grade Mast Cell tumour, then we have Mabs who is Lona's daughter, she is 5, then Keshini who is Cariad's daughter and is 4 then Zen who is nearly 2, but may not make it, and is Mabs daughter/Lona's grandaughter.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Hi peeps😀
Hope you all had a good day.Weather here has been lovely,been sorting the garden.Had visitors,last one just gone.Had a little tea party cause it's my birthday😀Was spoilt,had a great day.Minding babies tomorrow,so best go to bed.Will see ya tomorrow,sleep well xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2017, 10:30 PM
We have Cariad and Lona, who are sisters and 11 years old,Cariad has just been diagnosed with a High Grade Mast Cell tumour, then we have Mabs who is Lona's daughter, she is 5, then Keshini who is Cariad's daughter and is 4 then Zen who is nearly 2, but may not make it, and is Mabs daughter/Lona's grandaughter.
Right got it who is boss after you I assume it is Mabs now. I do like your breed.........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2017, 10:52 PM
I thi,nk its a bit in the air actually, may be Keshi actually, as Cariad's daughter she's been groomed for the succession. Mabs is more like her mother, a beta enforcer. Zen wants to Rule The World though, its the beta enforcer who sees to discipline and the leader doesn't really get that involved, as its mainly Mabs,sometimes her mum who does the majority of the bouncing of Zen and Kesh rarely bothers,the signs do point to Kesh.
Happy Birthday Eileen, sorry we didn't put up a thread, you're not on that often now, although more than you used to be thank goodness, because I do miss you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Wrong day ..............
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2