View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maya10delmar
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Have you ever considered using a dog carpal wrap? This one is made with neoprene that provides thermal insulation, which increases blood circulation in the paw. It could maybe be another option to consider for managing pain and inflammation. I bought a dog knee brace from this company when my Zola tore her ACL last year and was really happy with the quality of the brace and the customer service.

Giving your dog supplements is definitely an important treatment option for arthritis but this may help the localized pain! I have also heard that hydrotherapy is the best type of rehabilitation for dogs..and seeing how your dog is a lab I'm sure he loves the water!

Hope you guys are getting through this okay! Warm regards.
justkate
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2016, 03:24 PM
There are a lot of supplements which work. Anything with glucosamine, chondroitin or turmeric springs to mind. Otherwise if you need meds, tramadol can be used at first.

http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-m...adol-for-dogs/

Only problem is the tolerance but if you search the internet you will find lots of horror stories about rimadyl and previcox and everything like that so...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2016, 08:55 PM
I have a 14/15 year old border collie with arthritis in his joints and he has been on Yumove for the past couple of years, but in more recent times the vet has prescribed daily Metacam too which certainly helped.
PetsAreFamily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2016, 06:15 PM
So sorry to hear about your pup's arthritis.
You really should try some fucoidan, if you read my introduction post I explain how it helps with arthritis (it naturally reduces inflammation) it's natural and organic and doesn't interact with anything else.
My dog is taking it every day and so am I!
You can read about it at this link
PetsAreFamily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2016, 10:02 PM
I apologize for posting links that aren't allowed. But those that are interested in the science can google "fucoidan-rich supplement for pets" to find the information.
bigdoglover90
New Member!
Male 

19-06-2016, 02:03 AM
We use Proud K9's hip & joint supplement (Amazon) for our Great Dane. He's seven now, but due to his weight and age, the poor guy's joints just aren't the same. Anyway, we've been successful using the supplement for over six months.
perriejinnie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Give you dog chicken and mutton soup every alternate day. It gives strength to the bones and muscles of the dog. I used to give the same to mine when she was suffering from arthritis at old age. She died 6 years ago. I dearly miss her.
Tailwaggers
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Coconut oil has so many health benefits for us humans and dogs, including joint health. Have a look and see all the amazing health benefits that it has
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by PetsAreFamily View Post
I apologize for posting links that aren't allowed. But those that are interested in the science can google "fucoidan-rich supplement for pets" to find the information.
Thanks very interesting, I have used Seaweed as a supplement before. I just wonder where I can get it in the UK?
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2016, 06:25 PM
The last time I used seaweed powder I got it from Hatchwells. I don't use it anymore as Ed is on thyforon for his hypothyroid, but it is still available online.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2