Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Very very good news!!!

Just got my scooter back, NO CHARGE!!!
Apparently one of the batteries had failed so he has put me two new ones on, yippee!!

But I don't know if the gaurantee will start again from today, it should do, so I have written on the original invoice that the batteries have been replaced due to a fault and the today's date. Just in case these batteries pack in too. I wonder if I have been using it too much? is it possible do you think?

I have to leave it to charge up before I can use it. So that is good news, no bills to fork out for.

I honestly thought he would have blamed something else, and given me a big bill again.

Ian
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 10:19 AM
oh thats great you dont have to pay!!!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2007, 12:12 PM
GRRRR!!!!

Just been to the next village to get some dog food etc. and guess what? My scooter is playing up again! twice on the way back the trip switch (protects the electronics) popped up, left me at a stand still for a few minutes, maybe the motor overheating, I don't know. Then to get into my house I have a steep bank to get up, I had to help it back up that bank, it usually sails straight up.

I have only done 4 miles max and it is like this. I think a call to the repair man is needed, however I'll wait until after the weekend as he doesn't work on a weekend. I would like to change my serviceer, but then I might lose out on the batteries if they go again. So it is catch 22, either keep with him and may be get ripped off, or change and chance the batteries being ok.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm really really P**d off
Just got my scooter back from the repair centre, apparently the brake mechanism was failing again!!!! I asked them to telephone if it was going to cost anything - no phone call, just turned up on my door with my scooter and a bill for £94 for a second hand replacement (warranty for 3 month only) because they can't get new spares for my scooter. However last October I had a new one fitted, that cost me £148 all in. So I have told the delivery bloke that I am not happy. I have to contact the boss tomorrow morning. The bloke has left my scooter though.

What's more to the point is I only have £30 until a week on Monday coming so it is going to take that plus more to pay off this bill.

And this company is run by a bloke I went to school with! I dread if it was a stranger.

I'm going to do a search of the internet to find out if it is true about the parts being obsolite. It is a Kensington Freerider, hopefully I'll find some parts and be able to argue with them.

Sorry for the moan, but I just seem to be getting deeper and deeper into sh*t.

Ian
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Try this Link they are not near you but would know if a part was available
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Freerider still make the Kensington so I can't see why you couldn't get spare parts for it.

I'd contact them and see if there were other people who may be able to service and repair them for you, so you could get some quotes/advice.

Here is their website with contact link...

http://www.freerider.co.uk/kensspecs.htm

Click on the 'about us' link and it explains they have local advice for servicing etc. Worth a try.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Freerider still make the Kensington so I can't see why you couldn't get spare parts for it.

I'd contact them and see if there were other people who may be able to service and repair them for you, so you could get some quotes/advice.

Here is their website with contact link...

http://www.freerider.co.uk/kensspecs.htm

Click on the 'about us' link and it explains they have local advice for servicing etc. Worth a try.
Hello Becky,

Thanks for the link, I have contacted them by email, I will let you know what's happening. Hope they reply tomorrow then if there are parts available I have some amo to fire at them.

At the moment I feel so low, I know it isn't a choice but feel like just giving in. I am going to the doc's tomorrow now that I have my scooter back. I need something!

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Try this Link they are not near you but would know if a part was available
Thanks Joedee,
I will try them if I get no sense out of the others.

Thanks.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi, been onto the bloke who does my scooter, apparently the part that has gone on my scooter is only gauranteed for six months, (odd) and that his supplier is unable to get any more supplies.

One good thing about it is that he doesn't want paying straight away, he says he can wait until I have saved the money up (£94)

I'm seriously thinking of trying to either get a new one or change the bloke that looks after it.

Ian
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
So all weekend and yesterday I had it on charge, only doing short trips with Blackie.
Is it possible you have over charged the battery? because then they don't last long at all. How long are they supposed to be charged for as that seems a very long time for any battery? I might be thinking of the wrong battery though and I'm sure you know all about them.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >