Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Bless his little heart xx

I have to be honest Lynn and say that he is moving better than I had thought he would be, and his tail didn't stop wagging. I can understand that just a short walk like that has taken it out of him, but just look at his little face, he was stopping and looking around to see what was going on, he looked much better than I thought he would, I was a bit scared to look at the videos if I'm honest.

I know you mentioned about the carts and I have always said that I would never put a dog of mine in one of them, but I suppose you can never really decide until fate sadly puts you in the position when you have to make a decision.

I truly hope the steroids work, he is such a happy boy and has so much to live for, and you and Gorden have worked so hard and gone through too much to lose him now.

Thinking of you all every day xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Bless his little heart xx

I have to be honest Lynn and say that he is moving better than I had thought he would be, and his tail didn't stop wagging. I can understand that just a short walk like that has taken it out of him, but just look at his little face, he was stopping and looking around to see what was going on, he looked much better than I thought he would, I was a bit scared to look at the videos if I'm honest.

I know you mentioned about the carts and I have always said that I would never put a dog of mine in one of them, but I suppose you can never really decide until fate sadly puts you in the position when you have to make a decision.

I truly hope the steroids work, he is such a happy boy and has so much to live for, and you and Gorden have worked so hard and gone through too much to lose him now.

Thinking of you all every day xxx
Thank you Sheree. It is funny he is in a better frame of mind today being that he is happier and more alert. Has been since I came to down to him this morning this is how it seems to go happier walking improved. Yesterday he was much quieter in himself and that reflected in his walking. Yesterday he was worse than today.

There is improvement today though isn't there ? And he loved being out there. He is now sleeping by me.

I got Gorden to take a look at the site we found and he said the same as I did no we wouldn't be doing the cart thing it really is not for us. Micahel agrees with us too on that point. I do not think badly of anyone who takes this route especially being in similar position myself now but for us it is still a no especially as he is such a big dog. We know Nadai would not be willing or us to go down that route either with him purely because of his size. She couldn't or wouldn't stop us but she would point ll the reasons for not doing it. We have already discussed this to a point with her.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Well I thought that was better than the 1st video where he was swaying a lot more, and today he was keeping up with your brisk pace (albeit for a short time). When I look at the video of my dog I mentioned previously Ollie is miles better.

The steroids will probably take a couple of days to kick in, be prepared for increased appetite and thirst = more potty breaks!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Well I thought that was better than the 1st video where he was swaying a lot more, and today he was keeping up with your brisk pace (albeit for a short time). When I look at the video of my dog I mentioned previously Ollie is miles better.

The steroids will probably take a couple of days to kick in, be prepared for increased appetite and thirst = more potty breaks!
Thank you. We are ready for the increased appetite that will be a nightmare for Ollie he is already restricted how much he can eat.

He is still ataxic but it is less than it has been but tomorrow it could be worse than today thats what is so frustrating about it.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Her certainly looks so much happier and a lovely waggy tail too!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I def think that he was walking much better in the 2nd videos, the first you showed when he came home was much worse. I would say definate improvement. He looks so happy too . May be its going to be a long drawn out process xx hugs xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Her certainly looks so much happier and a lovely waggy tail too!
Thank you Dawn that tail does wag a lot again thankfully.

Tomorrow he could look miserable again he did yesterday. It really is a day by day situation here. We are pinning our hopes on the steroids giving him that extra bit of oomph so we can get him out a more so he isn't so copped up all the time. It would make me miserable.

Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
I def think that he was walking much better in the 2nd videos, the first you showed when he came home was much worse. I would say definate improvement. He looks so happy too . May be its going to be a long drawn out process xx hugs xxx
Thank you I think you are right it is going to be a long time getting him right we may not get him completely right but a big improvement and small walks even every other day would be better than it is now for him.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
BIG improvement there Lynn No doubt about it. Seeing how happy Ollie clearly still is I can see why you are struggling with things. If he were depressed it would be easier to make a decision but he still seems to have a real spark there

Lets hope things continue to improve (((hugs)))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:29 PM
OMG that first video is just fantastic, so, so different from the one we saw before, he looks quite normal walking up there, with his tail swishing from side to side, he's sooooo happy to be out! It tired him out didn't it from watching the 2nd video, BUT, he held himself up Lynn, he didn't flop down, he didn't sit down so that's got to be a good thing compared to before?

He seems to want to spread his front legs wide apart doesn't he? Has he always done that?? I wonder if that's a neurological thing again, in that he knows if he puts the front legs further apart it will stop him falling over? I say this, because it's the way my mum started walking after her stroke? She kept her legs a long way apart even though she said she was walking normally, I really noticed the change in her gait, same as I've noticed it there with Ollie. Maybe he's always walked like that though

I'm just happy that he chose not to sit down or collapse, he actually held himself upright, just standing there when he did have the choice aren't you Lynn? Awwww, bless his heart, he is soooooo gorgeous when we see him almost in the flesh like that, big cuddly bear. Good luck with the steroids, got everything crossed that they make a huuuuuge improvement, I'm positive!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:32 PM
I was also very apprehensive to look at the vids, but he looks better than I thought he would and that is an honest opinion... yes he is wobbly, but he looks so happy and his tail was constantly wagging and he looked interested in things!! I think the boy has more to give!!
Please give him a (((HUG)))) from me and have a few for yourselves, you deserve them!! Lets hope the steroids work their magic!
Page 102 of 123 « First < 2 52 92 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 112 > Last »