Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
it is a fact that people are doing the waxing and epilating of dogs in the show world

Ally I would watch what you post. I Show Dogs and it is indeed not a fact that I wax or epilate my dogs. As for Dog Shows can I ask Do you agree with the Shows that Doodles are entered into????
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Ally I would watch what you post. I Show Dogs and it is indeed not a fact that I wax or epilate my dogs. As for Dog Shows can I ask Do you agree with the Shows that Doodles are entered into????
Firstly why should I watch what I post? I said that not all breeders/showers do this and NO I don't agreee with any dog shows and let's be honest the only dogshows doodles are allowed to enter wouldn't be anything important..... and not, before you say it, that isn't why I am anti-dog showing.

Anyway, just got back from the groomers where Dyson has had a "back, sack and crack and Ruby's Brazilian is wonderful - shaped like a heart with our initials tattooed in it, bless! oh, and hubby had the same as Dyson, God you heard the fuss he made!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2010, 03:42 PM
So how did you come to that conclusion? What everybody with that breed of dog has voted have they?
In reply to your question to me no I have never had a show dog because I personally don't agree with showing dogs and especially the pampering and preening to an inch of the dogs lives and the silly cuts some breeds are forced to have. That is MY opinion and I am allowed to have it - if other people want to show their dogs that is up to them I'm not stopping them am I? I have a right to my own opinion and as it is a fact that people are doing the waxing and epilating of dogs in the show world that to me shows the level of some peoples inaneness and cruelty! I am not saying that every dog shwer does it just that I wouldn't.
Firstly you said that you had established that epilating and waxing is not done and I asked you how did you come to that conclusion. I am going on the article written in Dogs Today as I previously put. As for you assuming I don't like show dogs you are wrong - what I don't like is the showing of dogs and the unnatural preening ie: waxing/epilating/shaving/cutting off their whiskers, which is done purely for the show ring not for the good of the dog. I did say that not all show dog owners do that if you read what I put and just because our dogs are half SP's does not mean I should agree with showing dogs either..
Arggh! so you have never owned or shown a dog,yet you know that people stick things up dogs backsides in the show ring, you also know that people epaulet and wax their dogs.... how do you know that???? because you read it in an article that was in a dog magazine....

Have you ever considered that sometimes peopel write things for effect , to enhance their story.

JH , got that information from a "groomer" (OR SO SHE SAID) I think it came second or third hand , did it not.... ever heard of the term "hear say" and how its dismissed in a court of law..

Lets take the facts shall we, owners of CC hav no need to take their dog to a groomer, (think about it) so how could a groomer have overheard or seem a dog beign waxed or heard it scream in pain.. from the waxing.

Do you think (even slightly) that she JH may have just fabricated that bit for effect

Can you prove she did not, I know , you are going to say , can you prove otherwise..

Well considering their are a few CC owners here, along with the few I knwo personally I can tell you ,"I KNOW" they dont!

Unlike you , I am not brainwashed into believing everything I read, I look at the facts...and that article is full of big holes .

Have to say, cant really take serious anything someone says , who lies about her dogs breeding, tells stories of tampons being used on bitches in the show ring, and the Piste De Resistance. .....(still gives me a chuckle ) shoving things up a dogs backside.. still waiting for the reason for that one!!

But you know all this to be true, because you just know it
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Firstly why should I watch what I post? I said that not all breeders/showers do this and NO I don't agreee with any dog shows and let's be honest the only dogshows doodles are allowed to enter wouldn't be anything important..... and not, before you say it, that isn't why I am anti-dog showing.

Anyway, just got back from the groomers where Dyson has had a "back, sack and crack and Ruby's Brazilian is wonderful - shaped like a heart with our initials tattooed in it, bless! oh, and hubby had the same as Dyson, God you heard the fuss he made!

Wow they all look great... as for sticking stuff up a dogs bum for the showring, I thought only vets stuck things up a dogs bum..... and cannot imagine what you mean!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2010, 05:18 PM
[/COLOR]
Wow they all look great... as for sticking stuff up a dogs bum for the showring, I thought only vets stuck things up a dogs bum..... and cannot imagine what you mean!
my mistake, it was not you who said that!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 05:24 PM
If people want to comment on dog shows, and people that show..then they should simply visit a show before making there minds up on how cruel showing is!

another thing that makes me laugh is people have this idea of how bad CC people are for doing this and that..yet anyone within the breed hasnt heard half the stuff being done as some of you others claim?? witch many have already said 'they have never seen a CC in flesh' LOL
To be honest why should we argue about something we know doesnt go on, and something you think you know goes on..as lets face it you have no evidence..we can spend our time educating them that really want to learn about the breed and not make up stupied things..

waxing a dog, i dont even wax my legs

and like JB said hairless CC owners have no need to take there dogs to a groomers - and if they were i doubt very highly they would ask the groomer to wax the dog lol
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Are you saying you have a heart clipped out of your dogs coat on the dog? Well im sorry if thats a fact i think that is the worst multilation/mockery of any animal. I cant believe youve did that & then have the nerve to say showing is cruel!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:19 PM

You ought to have the proof to back up your posts, I know a couple people who have copied your posts and are taking them very seriously.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You ought to have the proof to back up your posts, I know a couple people who have copied your posts and are taking them very seriously.
Good job to...Never heard so much crap in all my life!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2010, 07:22 PM

For AllyLambell
Oh Ally you are a laugh - but I bet someone will take you seriously, naughty lass
Closed Thread
Page 29 of 31 « First < 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 >