View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Will the starch from a potato skin cause any harm?

I know this probably sounds daft but............when I peel potatoes I peel straight into the kitchen bin, but sometimes the skins miss and Red grovels to eat the bits I drop.
I was worried the starch in potatoes could harm him, I'm I right in thinking this or totally wrong?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi Myshell cooked potato is ok for dogs and that includes the skin (providing it isn't green) but raw potatoes are not good.
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that. I did wonder as he runs off with any bit I drop, but 9/10 I get to it before he does anyway, it's just the odd bit he's got away with.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Would not worry too much mine eat raw potato given half a chance and seem to suffer no ill effect. Would watch any green bits though as that is bad for them and us, in fact, it is poison of the deadly nightshade family.
myshell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Would not worry too much mine eat raw potato given half a chance and seem to suffer no ill effect. Would watch any green bits though as that is bad for them and us, in fact, it is poison of the deadly nightshade family.
Nasty.........will watch out for the green bits then.