Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 06:20 AM

Daily thread Tuesday 15th march 2022

Morning all
No plans for today except walking the dogs and hoping that they don't roll in anything icky as I have an appointment with the nurse today and don't want a repeat of last weeks emergency bath for deags
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 07:41 AM
Morning Kelly and all to come. This thread is getting very sparse. Hope the visit is favourable for you Kelly. Hope everyone else is ok. Had a lovely chat with my friend Ann last evening. She was telling me about her new kitty that they have got. When Ann is reading her kindle the kittie changes the pages for her, Ann says it is funny but it can be annoying if she hasn't read the page. Have a good day all I am supposed to be training today, hope so as the weather is good.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 08:41 AM
Good morning Kelly, Brenda and all who follow

Hope your walk went well and no rolling in smelly rolling involved. Hope visit to nurse goes well.

Enjoy your training to da Brenda

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked and veg for lunch prepared. Visit to dentist this morning for a checkup. now that the tooth has settled down. I think it was more a gum infection than the tooth. Tomorrow have to be at Ben's to let an estate agent in he has asked to value the house. He is not selling but wants to see how much he has added to the value with his alterations. Hopefully it will be a good day as I m planning on painting a fence whilst waiting

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2022, 11:30 AM
Morning riff, brenda, Sue and all who follow.
Lovely morning here again after a wet start.
Maybe going to Matalan when Boo has left to get some bits for when we visit Madrid.
I am wondering if we will be able to continue to have Boo from the middle of May. She is here 3 days which is ok while Gorden is working but he retires the end of the month and she ties us for 3 days and we will also as we promised from day one of Lauren announcing her pregnancy be giving up 2 days to look after Freya.
Lauren returns to work on the 16th May. Mark will look after her on his two days off Tuesday and Sunday and we have said we will do Monday and Wednesday but only one of us will go which we were prepared to do if we still had Dillon but he was our dog and our responsibility.
Having Boo 3 days a week and looking after Freya for two will take up all our week not what Gorden wanted when retiring and working so hard since he was 17.
If we don't have Boo we can both go to Mark and Lauren's and have days ut all 3 of us. Really having to rethink it.
We may well get another dog but that will be our dog and on our terms. To be honest we got caught on the hop, I offered to look after her if they were stuck but wasn't expecting 3 days and to be honest we were not in the best placed when asked and kind of got caught up in something that if we were thinking straight we wouldn't of agreed to 3 days.
Oh well we will sort something out I'm sure. Freya has to come first though and Gorden's retirement too.

That's cute brenda your friends kitty.
Hope the walks weren't to stinky griff good luck with the nurse.
Sue good luck at the dentist and for Ben's valuation.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 12:25 PM
Good afternoon all

Brenda Your friend sounds happy, are you still considering moving on to somewhere with a garden and how are your daughters pups getting on?

GriffHope the walks were not to mucky, all the best at the Nurse appointment.

Sue Good luck at the dentist and hope for lots of 000000 on the end of Ben's valuation. LOL

Chris As a fellow Panda lover and driver I am 1billion percent with you. Hope all is good today, how is your lad getting on with his "friend" now and has she fully moved in now?

Lynn I am sure they think they are helping you out but I think I would be with you you cannot be tied/limited by someone's else lifestyle choices I think giving them notice now and you do not have to explain why or your reasoning you have a granddaughter and lots of great times ahead. Have you considered doing house sitting before taking on another dog. Bet you would be snapped up by people.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2022, 01:06 PM
Thank you Kazz I am already hinting about the retirement situation and Freya.
I hate letting people down then I think most of my married life I have been tied one way or another parents when getting elderly, of course our own dogs which I do not regret one minute of my time given but we always adjusted our lives to suit our pets.
Of course Gorden except for redundancy and a short time looking for work but even then he travelled and provided for us so he deserves his retirement. We do not begrudge Freya our time but I am thinking having Boo in the equation is not going to make our lives easy. That's not what retirement is about is it ?
We didn't ask and they haven't offered payment we do it for nothing maybe the odd packet of luxury biscuits or chocolates are occasionally given and some rhubarb that is now coming along, but they do have a good service for no payment.

We are hoping to have a Bernese stay at the end of August someone's home boarding kennel has shut person retired and they were appealing to someone preferably who knows the breed and it was asked through through the Bernese boards for a sitter. She is good with other dogs, children but not keen on puppies so we offered.
Like us they have never kennelled and would prefer not to especially as she has always been in a home type of environment.
Beginning of April we are off to York for a little retirement celebration break.
We will meet our friends who use to organise the Brancaster beach walks now moved to Yorkshire to meet Brigg their middle Bernese we have met Dessa and to meet their new puppy Vonny on the Friday the Saturday we have to ourselves then we meet Amanda, Neal and Betsy the Bernese on the Sunday before driving home. We want to make sure she takes to us and if she does they will come for a visit and if they feel happy leaving her with us in August she will come for two weeks for a holiday.
I am not sure if Boo will still be here if we are sitting Freya Mark and Lauren usually take the last two weeks of August off but if not one of us will sit Freya so the other has Betsy but that is only for two weeks.
Boo would be an ongoing situation but I'm not sure we can maintain that long term.
I think I feel bad because of the situation and Bev feeling dreadful having to leave her after they were broken into last year middle of the night and the Police confirming it was a dog knapping team.
Bev will find it difficult to leave her while she works the 3 days or have to give up work because obviously it has affected her badly.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 08:46 PM
Evening all.

What a glorious day it's been

Just out same old, same old

New batteries arrived this afternoon for the mobility scooter so we are off and running.

AND, AND, AND the elusive plumber is coming tomorrow

Just got to persuade the electrician to come once the plumber is finished

Lynn, you can't live your life for other people or you have no life at all. Give your friend notice now so that she has plenty of time to get used to the idea and/or make alternative arrangements.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 08:47 PM
Oh and Kazz, Wendy moved in about 6 weeks ago. They keep falling out and I keep keeping out of it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 09:06 PM
Lynn

I think the situation with Boo is coming to a natural ending by the sounds of it. You did/are doing them a massive favour looking after their dog I understand the circumstances however this is not your load to carry.

Your plans sound lovely you deserve some time together not tied by someone else's life.

Your granddaughter is going to be your pleasure to watch.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2022, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Oh and Kazz, Wendy moved in about 6 weeks ago. They keep falling out and I keep keeping out of it
Yes better off third wheels always fall off

Make sure that David Attenborough is called as the elusive plumber is obviously a rare and hard to spot creature deserving of his own natural world programme