Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:07 PM

Do you hold a grudge against your dog?

Mine and my friend's dogs went in the idiot's garden this morning again (the man with no fence). I think he has his 3 shar-pei's padlocked in a wooden, windowless shed in the garden because our dogs were goin frantic sniffing around the shed.

It took us a good few minutes to get them back because they were sniffing so intently.

I met my friend this afternoon for our walk and I commented on how good her springer was being (she's ahd a behaviourist out and has been doing a lot of work with her dog).

She said 'Yeah he would be, I've not been speaking to him since this morning.' She'd fallen out with her dog for the whole morning because he'd gone in the fenceless garden.

I said I was annoyed with the stupid man who won't put up a fence, not with the dogs.

When Bryan does something 'naughty' I try now to let it go once it's past. Otherwise I'd be totally stressed and no good to myself or the dogs!

So I was wondering, how long do you stay annoyed at your dogs for?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't hold a grudge but they do - if one of them gets told off they both don't talk to me !
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Lol - i try not to ever as dog live very much in the present so have no idea about the grudge you are holding!

Sometimes, if i can feel my temper fraying, i look for the tiniest thing to praise Tonks for and say "good girl" .....it often comes out louder than expected because what i really want to say it "stop faffing and trying my patients fat head!" hehehe!
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Sometimes if one of them has pissed me off, i sulk like a child and ignore them, then i soon snap out of it and realise they dont think like we do, so me ignoring them is a waste of time lol.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
No never, I just don't see the point. If my dog doesn't do as I say that's my fault and more training/practise is required.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Nope. I can't, she makes me laugh too much! It would only upset her anyway .. if she knows we are cross she tries her best to show us how much she loves us.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:22 PM
No.. I never hold a grudge.... that said. they never really upset me... they is good dogs...lol.

any short fall in there behaviour = a short fall in my training. +/or just gives me another thing to work on...
Micky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I cant get the hump with mine for too long even though she can be a very stubborn bitch and seriously tries my patience, she only has to look at me with her big brown eyes and put her head on my knee, and i am a pushover i am afarid
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
I never hold a grudge. I'f they've been really naughty, and they have to have been really naughty I will raise my voice.... and then they just keep out of my way as they know they've been bad.

But they soon come back for cuddles, after all most of the time they don't realise they've done wrong, it's just thier doggy pea brains & instinct causing trouble.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Sometimes, if i can feel my temper fraying, i look for the tiniest thing to praise Tonks for and say "good girl" .....it often comes out louder than expected because what i really want to say it "stop faffing and trying my patients fat head!" hehehe!
That's what happens to me with A!!!!! She gets her deaf lugs on, so I'm calling her and eventually she turns round and trots back to me as if to say 'Yeah yeah I'll do it in my own time thanks very much '.

LOL @ fat head
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >