View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Have just read up about bedroom tax Bev (I would double check this is still the position) if you are claiming housing benefit you will have to make up 14% of housing benefit for each spare bedroom, they are basically saying they will not pay towards rent for unoccupied rooms.

If Charly is at Uni and is home for two weeks of the year her room would not count as unoccupied.

It makes shocking reading, a couple have to share a room, lots of couples choose not to these days, and the children aren't allowed a room of their own, under 16's same gender have to share or under 10's any gender.

I think there is going to be a big back lash over this, particularly with this universal credit coming in.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2013, 08:44 AM

You are not the only one who was not sure if it was Wednesday - I posted the Steam Mop Bonus silly doggerel and then realised I had put Tuesday so hadda to a quick edit to change it to Wednesday!

De Booger [note the now permanent name change - unless she behaves] decided she wanted a pee one hour after I had gone to bed, in spite of the fact she had been out, done one, and then taken her monkeys off to bed while I switched computer off and made sure door was locked etc. Then 6.30am it was jumpy jumpy jumpy gotta go quick so when she came back in I thought blow this for a lark, pill now 'cos I hain't waitin' 'till 7 - and went back to bed. And sleep.

Until crunch crunch crunch - she had sneaked a chew wotsit in but why does she have to make such a bloomin' noise? That is bad enough but she chombles until there is a little loose bit at the end and then she pulls it off - and the bed shakes

It is very strange today after everything closing down early ready for Pesah on Monday evening, yesterday being a Holy Day so like Shabbat with no cars just people walking around. Today is an Intermediate day in that it is not a Holy one although schools are off, a lot of workplaces are closed and those that are not are usually only half days. So a few cars but Avner has not opened the macolet. Probably will tomorrow as that is a dairy delivery day.

It is also cloudy and fairly chilly whereas yesterday was hot. Not a sharav as there was not even a slight breeze, but hot enough for me to take off a couple of layers.

Anyhow, my devil's horn, eye, and cheekbone seem to have been attacked by a paint palette overnight, as all are now surrounded with bright yellow. That makes it dark purple, crimson, yellow - anyone got any of those masks like The Phantom of the Opera wore?

I wonder what that boom was Nechda?

Linda, Loki at the stair gate sounds like The Booger with the lid of the pedal bin - I am currently putting something heavy on it so she cannot lift it but am going to have to look for a different sort of bin.

Sally - good luck at the dentist . Oh, and must not forget Flash and Rucksack having their shots.

Bev I hope something works out with that house move, and Lynn that you can sell yours quickly and find your dream house.

Hope I have not forgotten anyone, and if anyone has posted while I was typing I was not ignoring you!

Do not forget to get your Bonus numbers everyone!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I just caught my two-year-old cleaning Loki's teeth with his own little tooth brush! I disinfected it ...
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Morning All

Lol foxes! They seem to be out and about everywhere judging by the left over rabbit fur and feathers I see. My friend has a family of them in her back garden and they're not fazed by the dogs and vice versa. One of them even follows her to the park when she walks the dogs. Seems they have a nice life at her place, several people feed them and my friend worms them because her dogs have a habit of eating poo of any description.

All this talk of moving has given me itchy feet. Unfortunately there's no possibility of me moving or any decorating being done here not to mention loads of outstanding DIY jobs

Did Dillon get his furry plums off or have I been imagining it?

Hopefully nothing too much on for me today (famous last words) but visiting a friend for a puppy fix this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning all Dogsey Peops
Got up at silly hour this morning cos I read the clock wrong, it was 5.57 not 6.57, so got up anyway. Glad I did cos when I went to put kettle on, I spotted the fox up the top, just staring down at me, and I just knew by the time I went and got the camera it would have gone, BUT, no, it was up there for aaaages trying to eat the dregs of the bird seed on the ground, it didn't even go when I opened the window so that I could let Zena out (no, not through the window, but so that it would leave!!!) and it just stood with its front paws on the little wall and looked down at me. It was very slow, must be starving I will put up my pics, especially for you Linda, when I go through them later.

No other news, nothing exciting happened overnight, EXCEPT, I was woken at 4.30 am with some loud thud type noise and I swear the whole house shook Nothing wakes me, and I know I wasn't dreaming, cos when I sat up in bed, even Zena was the same, staring over at me so something happened. I looked out the window and everything was dark and quiet, and I never heard it again. I'm going to have to Google to see if we had some kind of earth tremour or something, did anyone else hear this I wonder?
Can't wait to see the foxy pics. Pal of mine got a superb shot of one on his shed roof (not in the snow tho).

Here's our Helena complaining about the 'earth moving' for her before she gets up lol!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I did take a peek this morning at the thread from last night and we are hoping to have the house on the market by Easter Helena but still a bit to do not much but all the fiddly time consuming jobs especially the outside which needs tidying. If this weather is changing for the better fingers crossed we may be able to get those sorted.
Good luck with that - my advice - stick to cosmetics and don't be doing stuff that costs much money - if someone wants the house they usually decide seconds after coming through the front door.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I havn't given up on that house yet and the people from there are coming to look round mine this morning, so will have to shoot off in a moment and have a quick tidy up. I do have to consider me getting work over there though as it would cost me more than I earn to work where i do now and travel there everyday and of course we have to make sure Charly can afford to travel to uni everyday as I would hate to mess her future as a lawyer up just for the sake of a year living too far away. She also has some very important exams in may which if she doesn't pass will mean she can't become a lawyer so its not a good time really.
Its no good her moving out to live in a house or digs nearer as that is defeating the object as I would then still have to pay this damn bedroom tax that I can't afford.
My previous advice would have been to stay where you are rather than risk life with an unhappy teenager (argh) but reading more detail into it - the window tax specifically (and thinking you might be lumbered living where you are unhappy for years after daughter moves out permanently) I think if you can possibly stretch to affording it you should try for it.
I had the same but opposite problem. Wanted to downsize, pay off mortgage and move to smaller terraced in town close to Jen's college when she was just going into 6th form. Hammered into her her life would be better when she didn't have to get a train to college and that she'd be able to stroll about town after college with pals instead of rushing for train or calling me to get her. That we'd BOTH have more freedom and 6th form isn't always full days and she'd be stuck whereas living round the corner she could stay in bed some days and come home early on others. She protested to the end as she loved our house and neighbourhood. We moved and three weeks later she said 'Mum I love our funky little house and already feel as if we've always lived here!' Teenagers - go figure!

You however have it the other way round and I would not want to swap places with you as it sounds as if Charly will be moving to where it's more remote and difficult for her but it is only for a while - not forever.

I confess to always putting my kids first all my life. Haven't ever regretted doing so (I had a good life before I had them and a good life bringing them up - best days of my life in fact - wish they were all still little now!) Have to say they all do appreciate me for it and often say so.

Don't go to war with Charly over it but see if you can get her to view it from your perspective especially after she moves out. And the best of good luck to you.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I've got to walk the dogs fairly soon as my son came back fron work last night and the split in his alloy wheel has suddenly got bigger as his rub-flat was flat. No spare tyre on his BMW so I'll have to take him and said wheel to see if the alloy can be fixed. If not he'll have to buy a new one. Whatever happens he'll be car-less so I'll have to be his taxi for a day or so. We kept told him to get it sorted weeks ago
Seem to be a lot of 'car probs' here lately. I am smiling at a Beamer owner relying on his mum for a lift lol! Sorry struck me as funny!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Flaming dogs - Loki woke us up at 6 this morning by repeatedly opening the stair gate with his nose and letting it bang closed. Over and over again!

We have the Easter bonnet parade this morning. I shall wear the bonnet proudly.
Want to see a photo of you in your bonnet! Am laughing at norty noisy Loki! I've had my bed raised ready for Martin on Friday. Bella keeps going in there and barking just because she cannot jump up on it now. She knows I will come and hoik her up. I'm gonna shut her out of there if she keeps on - it's like a baby in a highchair with a rattle!

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Fingers crossed that your house move works out Bev. I don't know where we will stand with the bedroom tax as we technically have a number of unused rooms, it is quite worrying.

It will be a quiet day here today but I am going out for a meal tonight, having a girls night out at a friends house, we haven't seen each other for a while so between the three of us there should be plenty of nattering!
Only heard about this bedroom tax by reading about it on here (Dogsey is an education for me!) I assume this is just council or housing society housing? Do they do anything to HELP YOU find smaller accommodation if you can't afford to pay the extra? Smacks to me of a one law for the rich etc. because obviously if people can afford it they won't have to worry and can continue to occupy a larger house. And I don't see how amounts under twenty quid will go to alleviate the housing problem or build many new houses?

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning All

Don't have a lot of time these days for coming on here or anywhere else for that matter.

Had a worst ever meeting with 'professionals' geeeeez some of them need to pull in their horns

Dogs to have another assessment this time with the Dog Warden for Birmingham so we can change over our job working for local authority Im sure the gang will enjoy the attention though being as they think everyone that comes here is to see them and them only

Our last assessment today and then our panel date is in May so things are moving pretty fast.

See alot of you are moving or doing up houses....best of luck to you all xxx
Have a great day folks
Wondered where you'd got to! I've had a few 'disaster' meetings with child care pro's (I use the term loosely) in the past. It all got too red tape and PC for me to continue.

Don't really understand what your dogs are being assessed for but Bella too thinks EVERYONE is only here to see her and gets quite miffed if ignored and pulls all her toys out and spreads them about the place in a huff!

My day has already been quite hectic. Got a phone call from local lecky business while still out with Bella to say they'd be at mine in 15mins to service my aircon and deliver my new gasfire (covering all bases weatherwise here!)

Some people never service their aircons - I do it religiously once a year and same for car - don't want germs being shoved in my face or waddever! Anyway good job I did - the condenser had gone on the outside unit. So .... whereas I was going to pay for the service myself ... I phoned the landlord (before 7am Uk time lol!) to get his agreement he would pay when he comes over if I pay now. Tried to get the one in my old flat I've sublet done too as I know the Romanian guy won't bother - but couldn't get him out of bed to answer the door!

Now for my faux pas. Took the empty gas bottle out of old fire to put in new one. George handyman took the old one (nothing wrong with it - just wasn't wheeling freely enough across the room - bit like a supermarket trolley with a dicey sticky wheel - went where it wanted to go!)

Fitter says to me 'where's your regulator?' DUH! Err ... I s'pose it's on the fire I gave away then? Yes they don't come with the fires! So had to buy another one of those.

Am just about all ready for Martin & Mon coming Friday. And getting VERY excited about seeing them woo hoo! Can't wait.

Weather = blowing up a noisy gale but very sunny.

Oh and altho the Pool Table is still with me (only offer so far was 250 euro and he refused it) it came in handy. The aircon outside unit is on the wall outside the window over the PT. The aircon guys got on the table - one laid on it and hung out the window while the other held his legs!

Geezus there is no way I'd do a job that required me to do anything like that. But I'm lucky - alternative is to pay 60 euros for a cherry picker to lift them up to it from outside.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I just caught my two-year-old cleaning Loki's teeth with his own little tooth brush! I disinfected it ...
I wish someone would brush my dogs teeth, they think the brush is for chewing on.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Morning all, a cold one here, it keeps trying to snow.......again!!!!

Off to hairdresser today so need to get a move on, hope all is well with everyone, have a good day xx

P.S.........H, could the thump be the snow falling off the roof ??
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I wish someone would brush my dogs teeth, they think the brush is for chewing on.
That's the only way Bella's ever get cleaned with a brush! I change my toothbrush often and let her 'steal' the old one (same with nailbrushes) and hope in doing so she is giving her teeth a good brush!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

P.S.........H, could the thump be the snow falling off the roof ??
Lol, I was just waiting to finish reading all the posts and then I was going to suggest the same thing

Morning!
Nothing planned.....just housework

Enjoy your day all and keep warm!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Good morning all.

Dull, windy and there were even a few snow flurries a while ago . It's still the horrible wind that is causing walks to be brisk rather than sedate and I likes me sedate walks.

Rosie has been fine since her little hiccup yesterday so hopefully whatever it was has sorted itself out now, thank heavens.

So, today is a same old day although at a faster pace in the effort to stay upright and not freeze to death.

Have a good 'un all and good luck to Bev, Steph and all who need it (guess that's everyone then).

xxx
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »