Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Door mats?

Someone told me the other day about a brand of door mat that 'dries' dogs feet when they walk over it.

We're in the process of re-seeding the lawn in our new house but it still has bare patches (work in progress!) that in the recent rain get muddy, puppy runs in the house and leaves footprints all over the wooden/stone floor (as do I!) I also live with the world tidiest man and it's driving him insane (the dog and I are regularly banished to one room whilst he mops!) so I was going to treat him to a nice door mat.

But I can't remember the name of these wonder mats!

HELP
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Magic mats?
http://www.jmldirect.com/search?q=magic+mat
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Even cheaper here, I've got a 6x4 rug and a 10' runner, both fab. You can cut them down to size if you wanted doormat sized ones or shorter runners by the doors (use the menu on the left to see the other size mats they do)
http://www.splendidpets.co.uk/Runner...Dog-Floor-Mats
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I used to have something that I think was called a "dirt trapper" mat. It was very good and if I could remember where it came from I'd get another. I won't tell you what happened to it, it turns my stomach just thinking about it.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
The ones Krlyr recommended are Dirt Trappers... The kind you get in doorways of supermarkets, banks, any large public access building.

Seems like these mats are supplied as 'rental' to big businesses, and those which have done their service are sold off by places like Splendidpets.

Will hopefully be buying a couple this week, as they have a stand at all the champ dog shows.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 03:07 PM
They do different grades, I went for the "as new" rug and a "slightly used" runner - to be honest there isn't a huge difference, just 1 or 2 slight dark marks (2cm wide max) on it (and considering it's 10' long I think 2 marks aren't bad!)
Machine washable or you can use a pressure washer (or hose, apparently) to wash them down outside. I've not washed mine yet, I let the mud dry and hoover it up, seems to have done the job so far - will probably hose them down when it's warmer.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, my dirt trapper went through the washing machine a few times. Sadly, what happened to it was not something I wanted inside my washing machine...
Roofs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Yes, my dirt trapper went through the washing machine a few times. Sadly, what happened to it was not something I wanted inside my washing machine...
Ok, you NEED to tell us!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Mine gets hoiked up under my arm as we come into the apartment and straight to the bathroom and have her feet and underbelly washed either under the hand basin tap or in the shower.

The BENEFITS of owning a 4kg dog! When I had one that weighed almost as much as I did, I came in thro the back gate and the first stop was the HOSE!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
My problem is not so much muddy/dirty paws, but my door opens straight into my salon and sometimes it is impossible to avoid the horse droppings on the road...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >