View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Well things are slightly better as long as he does as he is told. Puppies were lovely. Some a little noisy but that is to be expected. Warm here and a I have just been told that my neighbours, that unfortunately fell out with me, long story, are moving to Australia. So they will find it even warmer there. Have a good afternoon peeps.bfn.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Good morning everyone - have just been watching the Queen's Birthday Parade (always try and make time for it) and a very good one it was to.
Makes you proud to be British - there is no-one in the world does pageantry better. The same men and women that wear the ceremonial Home Service Clothing are also battle hardened troops who put themselves in harms way to protect us and our way of life. They are a wonderful example of discipline and courage and there are many who would benefit by taking a leaf out of their book. First and foremost our lying, avaricious politicians.
Haven't posted for a couple of days as I've been very busy and just haven't had much of anything to contribute, although did do a catch up late evening to keep in touch with things.
Weather here is absolutely dreadful (for June anyway) loads of very heavy showers so am restricting my activities to things of a more sheltered persuasion.
Have a good day all - whatever you're doing, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Oi Brenda - what have you done to those poor neighbours of yours that makes them go about as far away from you as they could possibly get - without actually leaving our little planet! LOL !!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2016, 01:31 PM
It is all about our history as a country, Griff, and the continuity it represents. Those drills they perform were actually battlefield manoeveres in days gone by. The guns drawn by the horses of Kings Troop were actually used in WWI and everything that is done is an echo of what used to happen. I love watching it mainly for the horses, but also it does make me proud to be English and that we can still put on a good show when needed. Had to laugh at the horse playing up, he said himself he was no 'natural horseman' and didn't the horse know it
Good God 1cd, they sell at 55p for 16 when I can get them, the Anadin ones are too dear for me to be in pain, 99p for 6 basically. They must cost pennies to manufacture if they can actually produce, package them and sell them for 55p and still make a profit, so Anadin and Superdrug are on a winner there
All girls had a walk round, as LG says its raining here, was nice earlier on but rain soon set in. Had Lona and Mabs out the last and having a ball game on the grass near the river when it started raining again. I'm beginning to go through shavings now as I've been buying the small bales of pet shavings whilst its been so hot, once we get rain like this they are soggy and I have to chuck them out. Will have to get off to the wholesalers for the horse shavings I suppose if it carries on, which according the forecast its going to
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 01:52 PM
It was a stupid thing over a tree.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Its always daft things isn't it Brenda. One side never even acknowledges me, apart from banging on the door at midnight one Sunday accusing my then OH of cutting the branches off THEIR tree which was overhanging MY garden. He hadn't actually, but what sort of mentality was that, and I was never ever allowed to cut the hedge, it was THEIR hedge. Thank goodness it has gone now and a fence in its place.
Never mind Brenda, you may get some lovely neighbours now they are going to mither the Aussies, I think they'll get short shrift there, not very tolerant are they
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Yep very sad. I would love to live in the middle of nowhere. But not sure where nowhere is. Trying to decide wait to watch tonight as it looks like football followed by more males chasing after another football.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 03:08 PM
One hell of a thunderstorm and torrential rain going on at the minute just when I wanted to take Amber for her walk. She will have to wait until it blows over.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Pleased to see you are still not in shock Gordon or that the mem found out something you had done whilst she was away and had confiscated your computer

Sorry you and Gordon are having such awful weather June and now it would seem it has reached Moyra.

A friend's father was having trouble with a neighbour over a tree which he wasn't allowed to touch so being a solicitor he sent him a letter saying he had the right to cut to fence line and as the tree belonged to neighbour he would be putting all the branches in his garden. Neighbour came back and told him he could cut it back and he also could dispose of the branches but never spoke to them again

You must be pleased the class went well Brenda. Hope you get some nice new neighbours. We have been lucky moving here as all ours are friendly but we all keep ourselves to ourselves but willing to help each other should the need arise.

Don't you just love Barry - he can't see what he has posted makes him look lazy - which he is basically. Having a look round the garden decided to dig out three plants - all the same- not very pretty so decided they were weeds and whilst out there gave the holly tree a good trim but can't do any more as the bin is full Sun now gone and the sky looks stormy.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Musketeers and Casualty Brenda, the rest is a case of flicking through to find something that is vaguely of interest.
Have bought the book LG has been reading,so that may well be started tonight. Playing a computer game at the moment, loads I should be doing, but hey ho
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >