Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Looking at these two pictures, I would not think there is much difference between the two, dogs or children - they all mess up your house
i thought the same, but found it strange people only commented on the kids picture...
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Again, I'm not changing how how I feel on this subject. Everyone has their own opinions and mine are just that, my own opinions and feelings. I don't expect anyone else to agree with them or not to.

Oh don't feel sad. I'm quite happy with where my life is, hopefully, heading. I've got loads to look forward to. Nothing sad about it. And I do have faithful friends who I can rely on, if need be, and they know that I'm there for them also.

I'm say no more on this subject.
No one expects you to change how you feel, you are entitled to your opinions and I respect and support your decision never to have children of your own.

But your apparent need to express those opinions so forcefully in the face of someone who has experienced possibly the worse tragedy it is possible to experience has deeply saddened me. I think that it was unnecessarily cruel.

J.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
This is a cop out, you meant for it to be light hearted. You know there would have to be strong opinions when making that choice. Also if you wish it went no further you could always ask to have it closed and you didn't.

I for one would not have to wait for something to happen to know what I would do in an emergency and for those that would have to wait, I can only pity you.
yes i knew there would be strong opnions as people love dogs and kids alike on here. however i didnt know it had escalated that much as i hadnt been on. when i came back to the thread it had gone from being 5 pages to 17! i dont check every time to see if there is a post, i dont have the time.

as for the question regarding a child and a dog, i dont know what i would do unless i was in the situation. and i hope i never am.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Looking at these two pictures, I would not think there is much difference between the two, dogs or children - they all mess up your house

Tell me about it ! our family walk yesterday,two kids and two dogs both covered in mud and wet, i must have mopped the kitchen floor 4 times already today what with the dogs coming in and out, mind you at least they don't leave dirty pants on the bedroom floor......
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Anyone can call me what they like, I would still save my dogs first and foremost. I don't care if you think I'm a heartless bitch!

My dogs are the most important thing in my life, and always will be.

I`m afraid you said, it, why the need to come back on with such a vile nasty attitude..especially after one member has come on here to share with us the most tragic of all experiences in life.

Even those who are not enamored with children have shown compassion towards such a tragic loss....

The thread had taken a truce , approach,, till your nasty comments.

Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
WestieN, are you really so selfish and wrapped up in your own little world that you have no compassion for another human being. You really are upsetting a fellow member. I can see why you are so close to your dogs because if this is your attitude to life I don't suppose you have many faithful friends. I find it sad really.

Me too, compassion is not in some peoples vocabulary

Again, I'm not changing how how I feel on this subject. Everyone has their own opinions and mine are just that, my own opinions and feelings. I don't expect anyone else to agree with them or not to.

Oh don't feel sad. I'm quite happy with where my life is, hopefully, heading. I've got loads to look forward to. Nothing sad about it. And I do have faithful friends who I can rely on, if need be, and they know that I'm there for them also.

I'm say no more on this subject.
No problem with your choice in life to not have children , and I don't think anyone has said otherwise, so cant understand why you should come back with such a nasty attitude , unless of cause its for simple effect!!!

Sad really!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yes i knew there would be strong opnions as people love dogs and kids alike on here. however i didnt know it had escalated that much as i hadnt been on. when i came back to the thread it had gone from being 5 pages to 17! i dont check every time to see if there is a post, i dont have the time.

as for the question regarding a child and a dog, i dont know what i would do unless i was in the situation. and i hope i never am.
that isnt strictly true... you were on commenting on pages inbetween 5 and 17... and on page 13 you even said this...

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
hmmmm depends if you know who the child is? i still think id get my dog first. my dog is in a cage in the car, she couldnt get out without my help. a kid knows how to undo a seatbelt, they could get out on their own.
so not only must you have known what was going on, you joined in.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
that isnt strictly true... you were on commenting on pages inbetween 5 and 17... and on page 13 you even said this...

so not only must you have known what was going on, you joined in.
yeh ok so my page numbers werent exactly right, that post was made quickly while i was on my lunch break at college. i clicked on my email saying go to last unread post and that was page 17, and there were another 8 pages more to read after that. i was just pointing out how much the thread had escalated since i had last been on. and i didnt join in with the nasty things have been said at all, i gave my answer to the question on saving my dog, and if you read about 5 posts down or so (dont know the exact number ) i also said i would never know until i was put into a position. i for one certainly started this thread as a light hearted one and never knew it was going to get so serious.
Darkstitch
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Definately dogs, I'm kind of biased as I severely dislike almost every child I meet. I'd much rather just live with a pack of dogs
Page 25 of 25 « First < 15 22 23 24 25