View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:46 PM
The only thing I would say if you are considering training and competing two dogs in trials is that it is very difficult.

Timewise (I work full time) but also adjusting your training to each individual dog.

When I had two of the same breed I had to consciously think before I started training which one I had at the end of the lead.

With the advent of A N other breed this became less of an issue (As it was fairly obvious which one I had at the end of the lead).

Each for example has a different set up at the jumps (length wise) etc.

I also found at least 5 years between competition dogs was beneficial to all.

Good luck
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
The only thing I would say if you are considering training and competing two dogs in trials is that it is very difficult.

Timewise (I work full time) but also adjusting your training to each individual dog.

When I had two of the same breed I had to consciously think before I started training which one I had at the end of the lead.

With the advent of A N other breed this became less of an issue (As it was fairly obvious which one I had at the end of the lead).

Each for example has a different set up at the jumps (length wise) etc.

I also found at least 5 years between competition dogs was beneficial to all.

Good luck
thanks, good avice
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Dont know if she is of any help#
06-10-11 Kelly is a very sweet and beautiful 14 month old GSD. Kelly was given up as although she was bought as a pup and the people were aware they had bought a GSD, they said she grew too big for them!!!! The previous owners did not bother with training, even though she is attentive and very eager to learn so she will need a home would are prepared to put in the work she needs. She is good with children but can be shy of some men. Her lead training is still in progress but improving all the time. Kelly travels well and gets on very well with dogs.

07-11-11 UPDATE

Kelly is been with us for a week now and she is just ADORABLE. Her goal in life is to be by your side, whether you are cooking or just watching TV, she just want to please you so it is very easy to train her. She already knows, sit, leave it, wait and go to bed. She loves everyone from adults to kids and every dog big or small, not sure about cats. She is very good in the car and when she goes to the woods her recall is pretty good - she just needs to learn she doesn't need to say hello to everyone! Kelly would love a family with another dog but if you don't have one and you are at home most of the time it should be fine. This little princess doesn't ask for much, just a warm bed, food, some training which she loves as she is extremely intelligent, a few toys and lots of kisses and cuddles on your sofa.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
She is gorgeous.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
She is gorgeous.
Yes-what a lovely dog. Unbelievably stupid reason for getting rid of her. What size did they expect her to grow to-a Chihuahua!

I hope she gets a fantastic home.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Aaaaaww she's beautiful! So pretty!

As the very lucky person who is owned by one GSD from a breeder and two rescue GSDs, (and since I grew up with them) I can recommend them.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2