Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 11:57 AM

Daily thread Thursday 27th January 2022

Morning all
Well, I did an lft, the line is very faint so hopefully tomorrow it will be negative.....I smell Freedom lol
The hospital called me this morning, I have declined treatment, it's got animal products in it so not suitable for me and the tablets are very dubious. I feel fine, short of breath but fine.... apparently a consultant will most likely call me this afternoon, no doubt he will try to talk me into treatment but I have rejected treatment previously for the same reason.
Dad's now free, mums still negative so my obsessive cleaning seems to have worked lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Good afternoon Kelly

Pleased things seem to be going in the right direction and hopefully you will be negative tomorrow.

Busy day yesterday ferrying granddaughters home and to gymnastics. Ben got home early so only had to take the eldest who decided to come back to mine for her meal as it sounded a lot better than what he was going to cook. They seem to have a very limited diet so will have to give him some cooking lessons. Have told him to batch cook at the weekend but so far it has fallen on deaf ears.

Today and tomorrow the eldest is being home schooled as they are short of teachers due to covid so only the youngest to pick up.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 02:09 PM
Sue, I have been telling Steve for years to batch cook, like your son....he takes no notice, saves time and money. Steve just lives off frozen stuff, I bought him an air fryer...cost a fair amount....he has used it once!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 04:18 PM
I am apparently Noble! I spoke to a lovely chest consultant called Dr Desai, he ran through everything, explained about the window of opportunity closing for treatment for me and that they need to get me in tomorrow....I said that I was very sorry but I would not be able to accept treatment because of my beliefs. He said it was very noble of me...I did point out that most call me stupid but I would take noble lol. He advised me to skip a dose of chemo...took it yesterday, he was really lovely, said he hoped I would be o.k, wasn't rude about my opinions and wished me well, I apologized for wasting his time and he assured me it wasn't a waste of his time. He did say that he is of the opinion that I have the Omicron variant... which I thought myself.... just need to dodge the other variants and all is good.
Don't think my dad was very happy but my body, my beliefs and my choice, mum was o.k.....just a bit quiet, Steve did his nut last night telling me that I couldn't risk myself over a hamster.....I just did lol......he doesn't like me, my opinions so ciao, adiós ,goodbye!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2022, 06:19 PM
Evening everyone. Started off overcast and wet today but brightened up later. We popped out to a garden centre but didn't stop for coffee at the cafe it was a little crowded for our liking.
Especially in the present climate so we picked up a cake to bring home and had a piece with a cuppa.
Yesterday was difficult Gorden left at 6 am to do a school visit and arrived home about 5 pm, first time in 10 years not having Dillon around.
I did however get my letter sorted to the vet explaining we were disappointed not being able to speak to his vet at such a dreadful time and did the calls even get through as it was very unlike her not to call, we would of even been happy with that and that we felt a bit let down and that he had dropped off her radar since September.
Had to get it off my chest.
Maca tested positive for covid Monday. Michael says she is locked in the bedroom.

Hope you are over the worst griff.
Sue what a very busy day, hope it was calmer today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 06:32 PM
Good evening all.

I look like I've been punched in the eye today as they nicked a vein yesterday when I had the injection. Doesn't hurt at all, but looks 'interesting'

Had an accident on the way home. Stupid idiot pulled out of a parking layby without looking right and seeing that we were overtaking a tractor and trailer. No option but to pull as far to the left as possible and whatever was sticking out of that trailer has put a hole in both the passenger doors as well as a couple of massive dents. Taking it to the body shop tomorrow to have it made safe to drive (grinding sharp edges and covering with tape) because they don't have a hire car available yet. Not what you need on the way back from an eye injection.

My sister has just read out Gary's letter. It's hilarious. Apparently everybody knows that I'm a silly woman At least it's a step up from dirty woman
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Lynn, if it makes you feel better then I agree write it down. Hope Michael stays COVID free, it's so difficult...I caught mine because my dad was walking around upstairs and not wearing a mask.. cleaning surfaces, I have it and I wear a mask and clean everything and mum has tested negative so far
Oh no Chris!! So very sorry about the eye and even more so about the car.....pleased you weren't hurt though. Lol.....wow, you have progressed through the ranks well! Now silly, not dirty.
All the time my dad was self isolating, mum and I made sure he had a continuous supply of food and drink, when I got it, I told mum not to risk coming up stairs so I did most of the making drinks etc.today he is walking around the house free as a bird and has not even offered me a drink!!!! I have ended up washing up too, I don't want mum touching things that I have so he could wash up as he has antibodies....nope
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-01-2022, 07:56 PM
Oh Chris sorry about the eye and car glad no one was hurt.
Not sure whether going up or down the ranks bet your sister laughed.
Michael and maca will be very vigilant with the sanitising so hopefully Michael will stay clear he will not be fun having to stay in a room till clear, I think Maca would need to move in with her mum and dad.
She said when I messaged her she doesn't feel to ill more like she has a cold, Michael said she is tired that's about it thank goodness, probably Omicron.

Not sure if the letter has helped or not to be honest griff but Gorden agreed I wasn't overthinking things so write to them explaining it wasn't as we had hoped. Nothing done badly but the lack of guidance from his vet who had cared and pulled him through so much in 8 years. We wonder if those calls ever reached her ?
If he says do it and I'm not over thinking it's the right thing to do he is very quick to tell me if I am overthinking situations.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2022, 08:56 PM
Lynn, when I lost Diez, mum had the cat in the vet with a nurse and tried to get an appointment with my vet...she said to the girl on reception that the dog was really ill and she thought that she would end up in the emergency vet.... Conor was heading home to SA for Christmas and Emma said sorry, no.....that night I took Diez to the emergency vet, we were back and forth all through the night when they finally kept her in Saturday...the Monday, they gave her me back, told me I should think about her quality of life ( I had said if she needed to be PTS...I would be with her) that she had gone blind and walked into the wrong side of the door.....I got her to my vet and within 20 minutes they told me she was severely anaemic ( not surprised as she was haemorrhaging from her back passage), they told me within 2 hours that she had a mass in her tummy and did I want them to put her under and see what they could do.....she was 13 and I couldn't bare to make her suffer. Because one woman decided without even asking my vet and friend if he could spare 10 minutes, he missed the chance to say goodbye to my dog, she ended up suffering for 4 days with strangers and I was left with tremendous guilt for her pain and suffering...all of which was avoidable. The day Diez was PTS, I carried her through reception wrapped in a blanket and took her back to my car...as I was walking through, Emma looked at me and said "sorry about that"!!! I just glared at her. When Conor got back to work, he called me immediately and said how sorry he was and he couldn't believe she was gone and that he was sad he couldn't say goodbye....I told him what had happened and he said that he would have seen her had he known.... without question, he was genuinely upset that he wasn't there when she needed him.... wasn't his fault but a receptionist deciding that my dog wasn't Ill enough.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2022, 05:52 AM
Awww griff that's so sad.
A friend said to write to for exactly that reason and Gorden's thoughts to that maybe they didn't know the situation, a quick chat on the phone would of been enough to put my mind at rest it was the right time.