View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Thank Goodness you are all right LG, you did give me a scare... i was just going to sleep around the time you were up lol. Pleased to hear all was well last night and wise taking a shotgun, you never know what sort of weirdos are lurking. You are right, it is only once a year so you had best play nicely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Oh sorry LG the invite got lost in the post it was very tasty. Not the invite Dillon is on a diet so I will have to eat the second one later myself today.
griff hope the vets goes well. No haven't got around to getting the magnetic collar yet.
brenda it may be displacement but that paw does sometimes give him gyp due to the degenerative joint disease he has in that paw and the distal rotation wearing the pad. He tends to go deaf when you try to distract him.
He is a bit of an ocd dog when it comes to getting stuck into licking and nibbling.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Well I have survived the crush, heaven knows what it will be like next week but only veg to get now.
A bit more wrapping done but my back was aching so much I gave up
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Jenny, I couldn't face going out shopping so have another order coming from Tesco's tomorrow. Hope I have got enough room in the freezers. Some will go in the fridge. I then have my main Christmas order coming on the 22nd. Shall certainly have to cut down after Christmas. Bending my card a bit too much.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Afternoon
I'm not organised enough to have done the food shop, it will be done by Christmas Eve
Thanks for the get well wishes for a Lauryn, after sleeping again most of the morning, she is fine again now.
I'm pleased that I'm off today, once Lauryn has gone to work, I shall make a curry for me and Tony, he'll have his when he gets in from work, then I'm sorting the kitchen cupboard and if I have have time a soak in the bath
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Hasn't been too bad shopping and crowd wise round this way.
I have ordered a large chicken and belly of pork for Boxing day for Michael, Gorden and myself for dinner. It will also go in sandwiches and with cheese and crackers for suppers. Christmas day we are popping to Harlow for a couple of hours to see Mark and Tracey boys won't be there Joel never see's his dad Christmas day he has him from Boxing day onwards and George and Owen are with their dad.
We did have an invite too lunch but Tracey hates cooking has her mum and dad and it all adds to the cost plus we don't like leaving Dillon more than 5-6 hours.
Butcher holding onto my meat for me till the 23rd or 24th as I have no room in the freezer.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Been in and out of TK Maxx and thats it, got a little something for everyone, will get wrapping at some point, but not now, my backs hurtings after long walks today and then a sit down, then shopping. Bit of a to-do in the carpark, people are numb, women actually in front of me in a space, but wanting to go in mine because I was leaving, but couldn't leave because no bgr would let me move, then a car stopped but was so near to me I was having palpitations reversing, got out in the end, as I was going backwards, the woman in front of me was pushing forwards, felt like getting out and slapping her, but perhaps not because need to be home for girls tea rather than in a cell for assault
Cake sounds nice Lynn, have Magnums in the freezer as I am a tadge tense after the car park, shopping was fine though Hoping it is displacement, with Dillon being a bit OCD it could be that still
What a nice early morning walk you had LG, then you came back and had a morning nap I expect. Yes you behave yourself for the Mem and do as you are bid, otherwise you could end up in a stable on Christmas Eve,and we all know where that leads,next minutes there's Angels,Wise Men, donkeys and all sorts cluttering the place, not to mention the shepherds
Griff,can you clear a kitchen cupboard just for your meds maybe.
Saw a really lovely nest of tables in TKMaxx, was very tempted, think my card is in hiding though. When I looked, each table was separately priced, so not the bargain it first of all appeared,but is what I am looking for, going to see if its in the sale, because it is bang on what I want, only been looking for 2 years!!!
Nippy have a sit down, cup of tea and Nanny Nap, you are being very brave
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Lynn, do you have any bitter spray? You could spray that on his paw to stop him licking so to try and break the cycle
Nippy, i don't go anywhere near a shop in the week leading up to Christmas although i will have to as i need some sympathy cards and a prezzie for my bro
TW, no cupboards spare sadly....at this rate i will have to stick the lot in a black bag and put it in the garage lol
Mandy...curry for me please!!!!
Survived the vets, she was soooooo good and put herself on the scales at the end of the consultation lol, was quite happy trotting round the room saying hi to the vet student....then she got given a pack of treats for being good and some for the cat too, Conor is going home for Christmas so mum will have to get his prezzie wrapped up...lets hope no one gets sick whilst he is away
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Good afternoon all. How crazy is this weather! In the park with Poppy this morning was like a spring day. The sun was out and I didn't really need my coat. Saw a load of Daffs in bloom.

Went with Dad to do his Xmas shop. Good grief, where does the money go? It's only the 4 of us at his house too. Still have to get the fresh produce like veg and salad too. Dad had built up a load of points on his reward card though which was a help. It's back to his tomorrow to help him put his decorations up and then take my elderly Aunt to get her shopping. It's all go here in the Hawkins household.

Going out tonight to a Christmas dinner with my Dad and a load of his friends. Going to a place called La Meridiana in East Horsley. Been there the last 3 years and its lovely. Well that kind of goes without saying as we keep returning .

I always have to say to my OH: This is for Christmas, that is for Christmas - do not touch.

See you all later when I return from my Italian fest. Arrivederci.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Your poor mum Griff some really have it n for her. Do hope she manages to get the other job (hugs) to her. Now get on with the tidying. You need s box file or something to ut your paperwork in all in one place and easily moved when necessary.

Enjoy your visit tomorrow Lynn. Hope Dillon gives up on his paw soon.

Enjoy your meal Popster.

Have a rest now June after all that shopping. Pity about the tables but they may be in the sales after Christmas and then yu can treat yourself.

Welcome home Nippy glad you didn't get lost in the crush. I plan to go early on Monday to get the last of y bits and pieces.

Had a lovely visit with my friend and have managed to persuade her to come for Christmas. Told her if she said no I would be round there to collect her She will be on her own, one sister is on holiday, another lives in Weymouth - who I would have thought could have invited her to stay over the two days - and her other sister and brother haven't said a word. This will be the first Christmas without her husband and Barry and I didn't want to see her on her own.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >