Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by RedDevil
alot of replies going the way of adult food...

so i will put Barney on adult food
as long as the bowls a bit fuller she will be really pleased...... hahaha

i have thought about switching to another brand, too..... i know alot of people on here dont like Eukanuba.
the other day, my brother brought his staffy round and the first thing i noticed was the shiny soft coat, it felt really smooth, compared to my dogs.....
he feeds his on Butchers complete??
Butchers is full of colourings and additives....it is not a good food IMO.
Feeding something with that amount of additives to your dog is like feeding a child on 3 meals a day of smarties!!!!
RedDevil
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2005, 12:32 AM
my appologies .... its actually Bakers complete, and not butchers..

hope thats better
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2005, 06:04 AM
my appologies .... its actually Bakers complete, and not butchers..

hope thats better
Unfortunately not!
I actually misread your post and thuoght you had said Bakers.
Bakers is FULL of unnessecary additives and IMO is one of the LAST foods I wuold feed my dog.Making a dog food pretty colours is just pandering to the GP and has no benefit to the dog at all...in fact quite the opposite.
I haven't fed complete for a year now but if I were to go back to it I would feed either Autarky or Burns.I find Autarky the better value of the 2 and just as good.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd love to have 3 meals of smarties a day!! If your smarties are our smarties...little candies!

I feed Burns as well. They manufacture it in a few states here and do the free shipping. Eukenuba isn't necessarily a bad food, I just don't support anything Iams related.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Yep smarties are little coloured candies or sweets as we call them.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2005, 03:14 PM
My 3 are on Bakers complete. They went onto Eukanuba for about 4mth after one of my Studs went to live with a breeder and he was fed that so i gave it a go. They soon lost there shine and silky feeling coat. So were put back onto Bakers. I found that Pro Plan Purena also gives a lovely shine to the coats. They are the same company that make Bakers. Only reason i dont feed Pro plan is one of the dogs gets very itchy skin on it.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2005, 03:27 PM
red devil, alot of dog foods are full of additives. If you are going to change i would suggest picking one of the holistic brands that contain no additives and are hypoallergenic (sp?), such as burns, arden grange, james wellbeloved... im sure there are some other good ones but just dont know the names.
i also heard somewhere that bakers has an ingredient that has a link to cancer?
RedDevil
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-03-2005, 02:52 AM
its a real problem choosing the right food.... after all if you choose something that the dog doesnt like, its hard for them to let you know?

so its important i get them settled on a food thats good for them and they like too.

i have got one dog on Bakers complete and one on Eukanuba for now, i also put a tablespoon of olive oil, and crushed charcoal in each meal too.
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

19-03-2005, 09:55 AM
As a general rule of thumb. Anything you can buy in a supermarket for dogs is at the low end of quality and high end of additives.

Bakers is one of the worst, the reason that the dogs have shiny coats on this food is they add Olive Oil to the food. You can do this by jsut adding this oil to anything you give them.

Stan
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:12 PM
its a real problem choosing the right food.... after all if you choose something that the dog doesnt like, its hard for them to let you know?

so its important i get them settled on a food thats good for them and they like too.

i have got one dog on Bakers complete and one on Eukanuba for now, i also put a tablespoon of olive oil, and crushed charcoal in each meal too.
Of course the right food is important! Would you feed your child or yourself which was full of c**p?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2