Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2010, 10:59 AM

Possesive

Hi I have a Jack Russell aged 2 years old and she generally attacks the post when it comes. She was recently mated and is 3 weeks into her pregnancy, now when the post comes she either attacks it or lays in wait for us to pick it up then pounces nips our hands and runs off. I have tried shutting her in the room so we can pick it up safely but when we enter the room she jumps up and trys to get the post.

Can any one suggest how we can get her out of this please. Before anyone looses any fingers.

Thank you
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
my dog always attacked the post,so i put a letter catcher on the back of door. i know this doesnt stop the behaviour as such but would mean your letters and fingers will be in one piece. i must admit he still jumps up a the door so i got a outdoor post box and this has worked.i suppose if you know when the postie is coming you could keep her in another room till you have retrieved the post. good luck
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I have a metal postbox fixed to the wall outside. End of problem.
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Thank you for your suggestions never thought about a box tut will try that and see if she settles down.
Once again thankyou