View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 02:27 PM

My name is Bradley, I'm an English Setter, how do you do?

My name is Bradley and I was 15 weeks old last Monday. Mummy tells me I'm a pedigree English Setter but that she thinks I have some kangaroo and piranha in my family tree a long way back. My daddy is Fabian, everyone loves him and tells him he's handsome, I hope I grow up to be just like him. Mind you, my grandad is Leon and he is handsome but so huge, he looks down his nose at me but, one day, I'll jump on him when he's not looking and we'll see who's boss then. I seem to remember some playmates a while back but they kept disappearing, it was funny because these nice people kept coming here and playing with us and taking our photographs, then I never saw them again and some of my mates were missing. Mummy didn't seem too worried that they had gone although I think she did miss them and I hear her telling uncle that she misses those pups, perhaps they will come back one day. I wondered why no-one took me away, Mummy tells me I'm very special and she picked me out as being the bestest one which is why I get to stay here, aw shucks, I think she is just saying that to make me feel better.

For the last week or so I have been able to get up the stairs so, when mummy carries me out to the garden for tiddles, I have been back indoors before she could turn round, it was so funny because she would have to take me back out again and I'm a big bouncy boy so quite heavy. Anyway, I've just worked out how to go down the stairs too, there are only 3 steps but I go really slowly and then, when I get to the last one, I do a really big leap and plop onto the ground. I'm living, at the moment, in the front room with 2 other English Setters and a Pointer, all girls but that doesn't matter because they look after me and wash me and that. Mind you, they knock me out the way when mummy brings some treats in for me, good job she brings extra for them or I would waste away. I do see some other big boys and girls when they are in a big field, they come to the fence and say hello, Mummy says they are my brothers and sisters and I did see daddy Fabian with them. The girls go in and out through a funny flappy thing that is on the door, early yesterday morning I saw Leonie Macaroni (as mummy calls her) disappear into the thing so I followed her, it was great, we were in the garden and I could dig some holes and run around. Then I heard mummys voice calling me, bet she'd got breakfast ready, Leonie disappeared indoors but I couldn't find the magic flap, I was left out in the garden in the dark, all on my own but I was very brave and just sat there. Just wait til that girl wants some of my rice pudding again, I'll tell her whats what. Mummy came to the door, she looked a bit worried then a bit puzzled as to how come I was outside. "Suprise" I said but I don't think she understands doggie language. She scooped me up and cuddled me, then called out to uncle that I had found the dog flap, he looked suprised too and came over and ruffled my head, he told me I was getting to be a big boy and mummy was going to have trouble with me. She won't, I promise, I will be a good boy (just in case someone wants to take me away too). The flap has disappeared now, I saw Mummy slide a thing into it and now the girls have to be let outside when mummy tells them they can go. I heard her say that she needs to know where I am and that it isn't good for me to go up and down stairs just yet.

One last thing before I have to have a nap, mummy said we have got mice here and she screams a lot if she sees one. She has a box thing that they go into and then uncle takes them a long way from the house and lets them go. I thought I would help today so took the box to mummy that I found behind the cupboard, mummy screamed and run away, it was fun so I chased her, then a funny thing happened, a little furry thing dropped out the box I was carrying and scampered away, I tried to get it for mummy but it was too fast for me, shame as I think she wanted it really. They have put the box somewhere else, "out of my reach" I heard mummy say, they say that a lot lately, ever since I climbed onto the unit by my bed and got that kitchen roll, that was good fun too but it don't half get stuck in your teeth. I feel a bit sleepy now, time for my nap I think. It's been nice getting acquainted, I'll tell my brothers and sisters about this site and ask them to drop you a line too. Cheerio.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-11-2006, 03:30 PM
hello Bradley Lovely to meet you and all your friends and to read your lovely story You do sound a bit of a loveable rogue and I know that your Mummy thinks you are very special and I have to say I agree with her. Have a lovely happy and long live. Licks from all my gang and cuddles from me
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Thank you lovezois, please give your gang a slurpy kiss from me and one for yourself too. Bradley x
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Just love your story Bradley. Have to tell you I dont think your mummy likes those little white furry things. You wont be going anywhere cause mummy really loves you. Looking forward to your next lot of antics - I'm sure there will be plenty.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Hi Bradley, pleased to meet you You sound like a lot of fun, and my Rocky says when you are a little older he'd be happy to come and help you find those funny little creatures for your mummy. He says he thinks your mummy loves you dearly and when you are a little older, she'll look fondly on all the games you used to play with her as a young pup.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Thank you everyone, I wanted to write again today as I've so much to say but mummy said I have to wait my turn again. She's gonna let Tawny have a go later on, she's ok, I quite like her but she won't let me hang off her ears like the setters do. Bye for now.