register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Much appreciated, phew have spent an hour nearly trying to get all these bones bagged and then into the freezers. Also had 10kg of pet mince to go in, plus what was already in there, have got an overflow and that has gone in the fridge, which is extremely crowded now. Called in to see if I had access to my big chest freezer at the garage but he wasn't there and they didn't have the keys to where it is.Girlies will eat well, unfortunately 2 are on diets, Mabs is beginning to look slightly plump, so she is being cut down a little. No training this week as would be able to give them away on Sunday.Feast or famine in this house
Absolutely gorgeous here, just t shirt and jeans. Tomorrow if it stays like this will load all girls in the car and get them off to the river for a family afternoon and play.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Afternoon everyone thank you for the lovely comments about the walk and Dillon.
Not long back from Gorefield met Elaine there she got me some chicken backs and turkey mince for Dillon we met at the pub Gorden and I were there first and had a half a Guinness each and then Elaine caught up and was very good and had a coke.
You wouldn't believe it I heard an elderly couple chatting that they had moved from Essex well I couldn't resist had to ask where from and you wouldn't believe it Harlow and not a millions from us either in fact one of the roads nearby I use to walk Ollie and Dillon.

Helena hoping the fingers are feeling better.
Jenny glad Flash has recovered so quickly and happy birthday to your son.
Nippy Jen hope the back isn't too sore too long.
No more kitten invasions thank goodness I was fearing for my photos lives and my cafe net.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 04:06 PM
.... I've now recovered from choking myself on my coke (the liquid kind) when you said about that dog crapping 3 times in the garden whilst you were chatting Pat, and then you go and do it to me again by mentioning that tunnel!!!!!! I'll mention it to Dave, but first we need a swimming pool here for me and Zena and that will take precedence

Ooooooh you bin busy there Jen, and after all that hard work, you'll be bending over to plant them all when they're big enough then? No, gardening's definitely not for me, too much like hard work I'll stick to me de-heading and leave the rest alone. Can you ask o/h for me please, cos I've never been able to trim back all my rhode's cos no sooner have they flowered, they're back in blinkin bud again and I'm loathe to cut them back and they stay like that all winter I might have to Google this cos they're getting very woody and big and long, I could supply a pic if he needs it. Thanks!

Nice to see you at last Jenny and glad to hear little Flash is fine again today, phew, bet that was a relief.

Oh I wish I lived nearer to you Lynn, I could have joined you down the pub lunchtime with Elaine. Talking of Harlow, I had a lovely lady on the phone last night booking a holiday with me and she's from Harlow, I thought it rang a bell, although of course, I knew it was in Essex, she's in Greenhills do you know it? She's around our age and has 2 yorkies?

Eileen, you cannot be serious with that ironing too risky Maybe I'm reading you wrong but I think I've understood you there

Hi DD, happy shopping, I've bought a load of new summer cut offs and t-shirts, but daren't pack away the old winter joggers yet just in case. Enjoy your curry with Mr M, does he like shopping? I don't know a man who does, they all seem to stand there looking either lost or embarrassed don't they

Poor Zena is lying out there looking at me cos she wants a game now, which will mean I've gotta fill her pool cos she gets hot when I lob the ball up on the lawn, so everytime she picks it up, she makes a detour back to me via the pool. I might even mow it gently cos my new turf seems to be stuck down pretty well.

What have you done to our Gordon??? I haven't investigated last night's D.a.D yet, awww gaaaawd

Well, better go and entertain the dog but e-mails first cos I haven't looked yet today. Catch you later then.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Noooooooo Mr M is not a fan of shopping, hence the bribe of a curry afterwards

I thought I assumed the same about Eileen to be honest nothing would surprise me with her!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Well first let me say you will all have to SPEAK UP! I am sat at the big dining table with the extractor going over the cooker coz YES I'm bluddy cooking summat. I've got the washing machine on the go (obscure brand w/m v. noisy) the two pots are bubbling and I've got the leaky dishwasher going too (that sounds like heavy construction equipment) and the telly for Bella lol!

(No one is as skilled as me when it comes to ruining the peace and quiet of the countryside!)

It's RAINING. Only lightly but took advantage of it to go for a spin round the 'village proper' and check it out with Bella before it got dark. VERY pretty and very traditional. UN Police Station, old Kafenios, 'Designer' shops (yeah right - they can't spell FAKES here lol) and some houses I just MUST get photos of when I ain't afeared I will be arrested!

I checked out the mountain/hill but it's got UN lookouts and several signs up the side of it so won't be tackling anything near that. In fact I drove out of the village to where it was all what I call 'spaghetti western' terrain and giant prickly pears and then actually got a bit 'spooked' as there wasn't a dwelling in sight and the road forked and I had no clue and it was narrow so I executed a turn at the fork and came back deciding to do it when I've got 'Big Boy' with me next week! He'll be up for it! I won't ask my pals first - being clueless and innocent is more believable than feigning innocence I reckon and if they tell me NO - I will probably still go but be sheepish if challenged!

*wondering how I can camo the bright yellow Nissan peril for these incursions into the unknown?

Now, while my beef stew cooks, I am going to read ALL your posts! I've got the whiskey AND the kawfee right by my elbow and I've taken the anti inflammatories (just in case anything said here 'inflames' me lol)
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 04:46 PM
LMAO... loved the tale of you and Bella the intrepid explorers in the yellow peril!! I would have turned around too, you are braver than me!

Whatcha cooking????
Edit to add - Oh just noticed you said Beef Stew
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 05:03 PM
WHAT?? Ironing outside,what's wrong with that
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Evening

Helena - Funny Zena had that dog thing last night - Loki had a dog rush out of its house to get him last night and he managed to get himself into a fight with it. He even took the fight back inside the dog's house. All okay though and the owner apologised for his dog rushing out to attack Loki.

Had a lovely few hours over the park with Carys' friend and her mum.

Steve has brought back smoked, peppered herring instead of mackerel. Any one have an idea what it's like?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Nothing Eileen, absolutely nothing *can somebody fetch the van please*! It was that *privacy* word that got me thinking, as in why? Maybe it's just that you worried the neighbours might think you've lost the plot taking the ironing board outside, hence the privacy you wanted, whereas we thought something else

Oooooooh look at you Pat, multi tasking there!!!

Hi Linda, oh jeesus that's not good, poor Loki, but Zena would have been the same, she wouldn't have backed down to a dog with no manners like that! I reckon that smoked herring will be a lot nicer than a mackerel, it'll be softer and lighter and a lot more tasty, enjoy it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
LMAO... loved the tale of you and Bella the intrepid explorers in the yellow peril!! I would have turned around too, you are braver than me!

Whatcha cooking????
Edit to add - Oh just noticed you said Beef Stew
Not really beef stew more minced beef. Just that here you don't buy 'mince' you choose a piece of meat and they mince it for you. Much better.

I'm on COMFORT food DD. Mince beef with carrots, onions and green beans and spuds and a big saucepan of cabbage lol!

My tastes haven't changed much since I was about 8 when it comes to 'comfort food'. Savoury or sweet. Jelly and custard is another but I'll have no room for anything after I've stuffed myself on this. It is still simmering. I quickly browned off some for Bella as she was hungry. She still doesn't like ANY raw meat that isn't frozen and just has froz chicken wing portion once a day. Even just a whizz in the micro for 10 secs and she will eat it. But not if it is just raw, wet. Not even best fillet steak. Just sniffs it and walks away looking dejected!
Page 5 of 19 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »