View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Lynn - absolutely woderful photos and what a delightful place to walk the gorgeous Dillon! I love the one of daffodils - they are so spring-like. As for the kitten - maybe it was waiting for a bit of your bacon sarnie!

June - well done to Tala and Tanika and their mummy! As for the young children this morning, they are visitors and I have no idea where they are staying. The real nuisance kids on the bikes and skateboards are aged about 11ish and unless they have gone away for Pesah [one can but hope...] they will no doubt be out later and/or the rest of the week. I cannot talk to their parents as I do not know where they live - Avner said they live "somewhere thataway" vaguely pointing in the direction of the other side of the macolet.

- I am now feeling rather full up as Shulamit brought over a huge tray of freshly bbq'd chicken and liver, plus chips and dishes of various salads! It is not permitted to switch on [or off] electricity, or light gas or bbqs except from an existing flame so most people keep a 26 hour[or longer] candle burning so they can take a flame from that. Of course even that is not permitted on Shabbat but is on Holy Days and Festivals, with the exception of Yom HaKippurim of course.

I should have kept some of the chicken for tomorrow but it was hot and yummy so I scoffed the lot!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 12:01 PM
As for your fingers Helena, so sorry. No way would I allow my dogs to harass neighbors like that. Suppose if the dogs are merely growling/snarling through the fence there is naught you can do, is there?

One of our neighbors had a GSD or Husky mix? named Lucy (was a male dog so whaaaa??) who was the sweetest dog EVER but would poop all over (they did not restrain him) the yard and scare our cats up trees. He was a nuisance, but would never have hurt anybody or the cats.

He finally ran away one day never to be seen again, I was sad... but this is what can happen when people just let their dogs roam around.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Afternoon all

I can see what that lead did to my fingers now, it's sliced down the side of 3 nails from my little finger, no blood, but red raw and cut, no wonder they hurt so much Thanks for all the sympathy, and ouchie to you to there Pat with that arthritic finger trap there

I did go down to the beach, it was very, very cold, but Zena never minds that, she's straight in the sea to grab the ball, and when we get to the big rock pool, she's straight in there for a lie down. The sun was shining but at 7.30 with a cold wind it wasn't too pleasant.

Came home and went off down the town, then had to wait for Debenhams to open at 9.30, but enjoyed a nice chat with 2 ladies who were also waiting outside. Popped into M&S for some different food bits that we wouldn't normally have, but seeing as it's Easter this week-end, I thought we should have them

Went off to Sainsbury's and the lady on the papers counter couldn't believe I'd been down the town already (it was only 10.30 by this time) and I then told her I'd also walked along the beach for an hour, she was very impressed with me and confirmed I was indeed Wonder Woman (please take note Pat ).

Got home, unpacked, and then took Zena up to the woods for a quick 20 min walk, she likes this 2nd walk of sniffing where all the other dogs have gone before her this morning. We met the usual daxi that barks profusely at her but she takes no notice whatsoever, and the 2 ladies said how beautiful Zena was, I had to agree, and then one of them couldn't resisit a stroke and a little ball throw which Zena seemed to enjoy. Had a chat on the way back to my neighbour's son who is cutting the front lawns including mine that goodness cos I can't do it, it's far too big for my Flymo. Zena said hello to him too and we let her off for a minute, so that he could chuck the ball up the grass for her in the hope that she'd change her mind about him when he's cutting the lawn, cos she barks at him usually, but of course, it's her territory out there isn't it, but today she left him alone, just laid out there and watched. The postman, however, saw a different side of her when he went to put the post in my postbox the other side of the big gate, and I swear he stands there on purpose saying "you can't get me, you can't get me" I find him irritating to say the least, and I'm going to take that post box off from that wall this week-end, cos he walks across from the neighbour's on my lawn, but always takes the paving bit underneath my bedroom window, and Zena objects to him walking past my bedroom that close! Trouble is, I'm going to have to buy one of those stand alone things for down the bottom of the steps and they're flippin' £200 Dave said we can't have a postbox next to the garage cos the sandstone wall down there is too wibbly wobbly to fix it too, so that's my only choice now, but it'll save the constant assault at my big, bedroom window, I fear for that window let alone Zena the way she leaps at it. Trouble is, the sill is at knee height to me, so perfect for Zena to plant those paws and show him her big teef

Beautiful walk you've found there Lynn, I'm loving that orchard, and we have some of those really tall trees down in a little meadow over in the woods where they have every tree from all over the world - I call those my French trees lol! Well, they are aren't they? You usually see them lining all the country roads in France? I'm with Pat, I think those lovely pics deserve a thread of their own.

Sorry I can't comment today, and no Jenny yet? Oh I do hope Flash is ok cos he wasn't too well yesterday was he

Catch you all later everyone, and glad to hear the sun has now made its way ooop north to you June, and possibly even as far as Gordon.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Afternoon all
Just had a quick catchup- ouch Helena, hope your fingers are ok.
Lynn- Rosie would love that walk, lots of trees and areas for her to sniff
Hope your finger is ok too Tang

I've just had lunch and still need to Hoover the living room But actually can't be bothered but needs to be done.
My friend rang me this morning to see if I fancy taking Rosie and her dog Tilly out but as I'm at work later and had to have a smear test this morning- yuk- I said no but I'm free in morning so looking forward to tomorrow morning, we off to Cronford canal. Will take pics.
Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine too
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Morning and afternoon all ,

This is the first time I've had a chance to come on here to say hello . Flash seems fine and back to being his happy self again today so the abs have stopped it in its tracks. I was told that he will probably grow out of it and this episode of HGE is certainly better than before

I didn't get a chance to get on here before I walked the dogs early and then shot out to Tesco. On the way back I called in to a neighbour and ended up have a cuppa and catch-up and then on arriving home found our finance man here ..... we'd both forgotten he was coming He's finally gone

A beautiful sunny day and June I'm glad it has finally got up your way too. Enjoy your walk
Helena Sorry to hear about your fingers If I were you I'd invest in a small water pistol and next time it happens squirt the dog next door while saying a certain word. You may find you only have to do it once because if it has any sense at all just saying whatever word you choose will be enough to stop it in its tracks .... worth a try and little water won't harm the dog in any way .... just a little wet shock
Nippy I hope you are enjoying your day in the potting shed ... it all sound so romantic
Lynn What a beautiful 'English' walk through that orchard ... just glorious ..... although that field of daffs could of course be in Holland You certainly had quite an eventful morning what with the kitten taking up home with you
Tang I hope you've got your phone fixed now and the last few things to be sorted at your old place has gone smoothly

I'll be back later but want to go and work in the garden to make the most of the lovely weather. However I probably won't be in tonight as its my eldest son's 28th birthday and he's coming here for a meal.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Afternoon,can't really see to read much,the sun is blinding me and I'm outside getting a tan Its absolutely gorgeous
H.. ouch,you poor babe,I reckon you should sue
Fab pics LYNN...I think I might be in love with Dillion,but I won't tell Lace,she's very jealous and I couldn't be ar*ed with any huffing today??its way to lovely a day to spoil it
Will catch up in a bit see what the rest of you nut jobs are up too,hope you're all well and having a good day
See ya later
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Oh..HAPPY BIRTHDAY,JENNY's son
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Morning all................. we have showers!! hey ho!! will help to wash I all that compost into my veggie beds!!

Pleased to see you all on parade Helena sorry about your fingers... poor you x and Lynn loverly photos, how nice having Gordon home, I wish Mr M could walk with me everyday! he can got back to work the rest of the time!

Hi to everyone I have had a read through and everyone seems well apart from the finger situation!

Well off to work in a mo! my Manager was back yesterday from hols and everything was fine after my week alone which is good!! we survived and the company didn't go under

Tonight me and Mr M are off to the Mall and out for a curry, I need some new tops etc.. and some new cut offs too, so figured the offer of a curry would entice Mr M to come with me

Happy Tuesday everyone!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Many happy returns to No.1 son Jenny. His birthday is one day after my Jen's and he is two years older.

Finger doesn't hurt any more just still ballooned up over the swollen knuckle joint. Nowt I can do about that. Just looks horrible. You know like a knobbly witch's finger.

I did a teeny bit of housework. Well if you count shoving stuff into cupboards and making up my bed with clean bedding housework? I should go to the shops and also get my hair trimmed but can't summon up the enthusiasm. It's nice just dossing about with Bella!

Met another neighbour (an army wife - well army cohabitee which is why they don't get housed - they gotta be wed to get housed) is pregnant and lives in the next block with a strange (very strange) looking dog she said is Russian? All white - 4 months old and HUGE with tail and ears docked

She isn't very old and I was giving her some general advice about what to do BEFORE baby arrives so's not to make the dog think the baby is responsible for all big changes to its routine and life. If there's summat you won't want the dog doing when baby is here START TEACHING IT NOT TO NOW! Places that will be out of bounds etc. Nice enough dog but not attractive to my thinking. Bit of a nutcase (lab type nutcase) and with a howl like a wolf! Bella stood on the wall to say hi to it. She wasn't in the least bit fazed by him. Didn't make a sound for the half hour we were chatting. She also didn't lunge for the passing cat like Russian Max did! Dunno what she feeds him but he crapped in her garden no less than THREE TIMES while we were stood talking!

Enjoy your curry DD! I only do 'wimpish curry' very mild stuff - well not like curry at all really! Can't be doing with any of that burn your throat out hot stuff!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Geez,where's my gloves?Seems ouchy fingers are the order of the day...comes in 3's,I'm taking no chances!!
Hope your ok,Mrs P,Awww bless
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »