View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Morning Griff and Malka. I think I would rather have the unsociable dogs next door who I know can't get through and Dillon isn't phased about them he looks at us as if to say what a waste of blooming energy than unsociable kids outside.

Went on our nice walk again today did it back to front to yesterday only problem is whether going or coming back along one track there are two one GSD one a mix that bark and growl as you go by and the fence looks a bit flimsy.

Some pictures of the walk from yesterday, makes a nice change form the village when the weather's dry.

If we start off going a little way up the village we take a footpath next to a cottage called Dodd's stile you then walk through the orchard you have to stick to the footpath it is still a working orchard and there is a big orchard carrying on over the dyke to the right of where walk.
Starting off.

Orchard.

I love these tall trees.

Wind turbines love them too.

I can see for mile and miles.

Daffodils.

On the way home.

Tractor.

Not far from home now.

So that's our morning walk when the ground is dry and its a lot quieter than the village.

Just met the lady from no.5 Sitting here waiting for my bacon sarrnie and this kitten runs in knocks my photos off pulls my cafe net down in the living room. Shut it in the hall it goes upstairs and hides. Guessed it was next doors. Didn't wan to let it on the road so knocked and she came round and got her. They are building a cage for them but this one has escaped they have another two. We thought it was a big rat for a minute.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Good Morning all.....And breath.....

Ouch, Helena, that sounds really painful, flippin neighbours with unpleasant dogs I am very lucky, none of mine have dogs, but if they did, I would make blummin sure my lot behaved!! Enjoy your walk, dont work too hard Bev, must check my pots, I have a couple in the cat run, not sure what they are though Poor Rucksack, hope he is soon feeling better, a little enterprise in the making maybe, with little plants all being pricked out, Hi to who I have missed, I did start this earlier, but little sister came and we had a cuppa, so well, just had to sit out in the sun.... are you all settled in now Tang?

Not much on today, off to fetch tripe and bones, run the limping hoover round, do the fire, still lighting it, cos it still getting a tad chilly inhere of an evening. Just put the cats out. I think someone asked if I put them in their run to protect them from the dogs. It isn't, I have six cats , five of which are house cats, but I do like them to get fresh air, so we built them a DesRes with a summer house, NAH...not spoilt They have fresh air and some stuff to climb on and play and go to sleep on.

managed to gaffer tape and barricade the pipes in from Shayda doing her plumbing job yesterday, but think eversuffering husband will have to redo the pipework from under the sink to outside, little buŁŁer

Have a great day, I am going to sit in the sun after done my chores, sounded a bit like The Waltons then before I go off to Gorefield.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 09:53 AM
WOW!! What a lovely walk there Lynn
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Great photos of a lovely walk and a magnificent dog Lynn. I hope you put them on the Dogs Photo section and not just in here so more people can see them.

I see what you mean about Dillon taking every opportunity to have a little lie down lol!

I took Bella on a bit of an adventure this morning (put my boots on) and she's been made to walk thro' some long grass and sticky uppy stuff (she was not amused) I took some pics and will put them in Your Dogs Photos in a bit.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Morning all.
That looks a lovely walk LYNN. I suppose your area is quite flat as well. Makes it easier for a nice long walk.
Ouch for your fingers HELENA. Hope Daves head is ok now after he banged it last week.
Just come back from town & WE HAVE SUN Had a bit of frost overnight but it's lovely & warm now, even got the back door open for the first time this year.
Going to run the Hoover over in a bit & that's about as exciting as my day is going to be
Have a good day everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Grass looks nice and short cut too! Bella WOULD approve! Not like the stuff I've made her follow me through this morning!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes, Lynne WE HAVE SUN!!! Am feeling quite excited by this shiny thing in the sky. Have got the bone run in a bit, done a few phone calls, washers on, so will call in and peg it out on Jackie's line on my way out.
Had an email from Norfolk, Tala and Tanika had their last day of class yesterday, they have graduated with honours and the new one starts in May. Little bit of a competition last night and Tala won best sit and stay, longest leave and fastest recall, Tanika won longest down, stay. In fact the trainer had to call time out in the end as she wasn't for getting up!!!
Walk looks glorious, Lynn, absolutely perfect there. Amazing how people think little dogs need no training and can be allowed to behave how they wish isn't it. Hope your cafe net wasn't ripped by the kitten.
Elaine, your cats spolied...mmmmm....Yessss...I think so.
At least they're not whizzing around people's houses knocking stuff over and then hiding, nor are they digging up plants that have just been put in.
Am interested in that anti cat plant, I keep hearing about it, then losing the link of where to get it, because I am heartily sick of my new plants being dug up and poo'd on by neighbouring cats
Its probably a territorial thing with those dogs next door Helena, they more than likely thought it safe to let them out that time of night, never realising what devastation and injury it was going to cause. Just hope the fingers are better soon, like Pat says its painful to say the least. Thank goodness it didn't do stuff to your back. A quiet day, lady, no painting today.
Very sensible Pat, not going for a slide on the wet tiles, where you are it will dry in minutes, lucky lady basking yourself to a crisp. Anymore trips to the old place, or are you done now.
Aw Malka was thinking of those kids only yesterday and here they are turned up like bad pennies, can their parents not be asked to round them up and kick butt with them being a nuisance to you.
Well I best make a move, those bones won't bring themselves here!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Not quite done with the old place. Meeting Sabby at the lecky board first thing tomorrow.
Then recontact Thrift shop to arrange for them to collect day bed and sleigh bed. Gave up the idea of advertising them - can't be bovvered or it will never end. And don't want to have to turn up to 'show them' to folk.
Then arrange with Yolanda, one of the cleaners here, for her to go over and clean it and then I'm done bar reading the water meter and sorting that one out.

Of course I'll be over once a month to collect Sabby's rent.

And my Romanian neighbours still owe me hundreds of euros so don't want them thinking I've vanished from the face of ....

I'm happy to be away from so many sad people who live hand to mouth on a day to day basis. It was dragging me down into their despair somewhat.

It's a much more salubrious and mixed area here - lots of UN personnel and Military live in this area. And other people who have jobs and who work for a living and seem quite happy to be here!

People who migrate to another country for purely economic reasons are rarely 'happy'. They feel that they had no choice in the matter and had to leave their homeland just to earn enough to exist on. And Larnaca is becoming full to bursting with people like that. Mainly from Romania it has to be said.

It follows a pattern. They are at first grateful to be received into a country where they can find work, any sort of work (they are in the main unqualified workers here in Cyprus - seasonal holiday workers, chamber maids, cleaners, kitchen staff, waiters and barmaids) they work for low wages (around 800 euro a month) but will tell you that back in Romania (since the collapse of communism and the growth of capitalism) they would only be earning less than half that much.

Then, after a while they obviously start to miss their homeland. Suffer from the local 'anti eastern european' racist attitudes (hell Cypriots are racist towards everyone who isn't of 'equal descent' lol) and will tell you tales of their beautiful villages, their lovely Christmasses and Easters (almost all of them quite religious - not unlike the Orthodox here).

Then onto how the FOOD is better in Romania. The houses are nicer. Shops are cheaper and how cigarettes, booze, clothing and all sorts are much cheaper there.

If you challenge them and say 'why don't you return then?' they all give the same answer - because they can't find work or at any rate decent pay for work.

I further challenge this by saying 'well, if rents, food, clothing, luxury items and all sorts are SO MUCH CHEAPER in Romania - you don't NEED as much money do you?' They don't seem to have an answer to that.

I suspect that the truth is that their memories become rose tinted with homesickness or just the strain of living in a foreign land where they are in the main treated as a bit 'second class'.

There are none so IRISH as the Irish outside Ireland - when you live abroad you realise there are none so nationalistically BRITISH either. Union Jack and England flag waving extremists who, almost to a man, left the UK saying they hated the way it was now with high immigration, high unemployment, high house prices and so on! At first they profess to have died and gone to heaven and are 'living the dream'. After a few years they start reminiscing about good old Blighty and how bad things 'would never be allowed to happen there'. And how the UK is so much more efficient and blah blah blah. They gather to watch every British sport event and noisily cheer them on. Never heard God Save the Queen sung so often in my life as I have since leaving the UK lol!

It's all very predictable really - in the same way the Brits moan that foreigners to the UK don't bother to learn the language or customs etc. They never bother to learn ANYTHING when they land on foreign shores! We are in the main quite an arrogant race!

Anyway I've never mixed with those sort of ex pat Brits. And I was less and less liking having to mix with that sort of ex pat Romanians and other Eastern Europeans.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 11:18 AM
NO sun here today, just a bunch of SOG. So jealous, Lynn. Have a feeling Jadey WILL NOT be happy about this travesty. Nigredo will be happy though. Jade refused to go pee a bit go, so think I'll wait until the rain stops. Hope she will hold it until then. If not... oh, well. Break out the Zep wee cleaner.

Nigredo of course is happy. Lots of disgusting filth to jump in. Lynn, He LAID DOWN on a walk?? I have never... my dogs don't... that is amazing!! I cannot say anything else...

*zips away*
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Afternoon all,

Was busy yesterday, didn't get a chance to have a look.

Helena, sorry to hear about your fingers, I hope they get better soon. Meantime, be careful.

I was busy doing housework yesterday, today is much the same except I will be off for a walk at some point. Then I'm thinking about going off somewhere on the bike. Need to try to get fit, and lose a little more weight. I have already gone down to a size 12, and I have no idea what weight I am cause our scales have died (needs a new battery). So perhaps off on the bike later but will have to wait to see how I feel after the walk.

Have a good day all.
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »