View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Thank crunchie you have turned up June - I think we were getting worried that the mini norties had maybe eaten you!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi guys

Well the sore tummy turned into absolutely nothing. I feel a bit of a fraud but my goodness I felt horrible this morning. Admittedly all I've had to eat really is some toast. Didn't really want anything else.

Going to try going to work tomorrow, see how things go, but it is dependent on the weather, the forecast is really bad for tonight and tomorrow.

June, my goodness you poor thing you must be really sore. Hope you are better later.

Helena, sounds like you had a nice walk.

Lynn, aww at Dillon and his cuddles.

I'm about to cook dinner for Davie and Brian but I think I may stick with soup to be on the safe side.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Didn't expect to see you Lorraine again today. Glad you are feeling better though and you are not a fraud you didn't feel well and did the sensible thing and went home and rested.

I hope the weather isn't as bad as being predicted.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Thanks Lynn, I am taking it quietly as want to put up this artificial tree tonight and also got some curtain lights for the window. I've had to confess to friend that I'd sawed the notch in the stable door, her OH told me it wasn't a good idea, but I've no idea how long I'm going to have to wait for a proper job, and I desperately need these babies in their own place.
Mabs got into the kitchen twice today, leaping something akin to Bechers Brook then of course she's running round like a scalded cat wanting to get away from them, then they sit near the door calling her, and then it all starts again.
I should cut her food down really to stop the milk, but she needs to put weight on desperately, and she won't if she keeps feeding them. They are chomping away quite happily on mince and ox heart in the morning, they've had a late lunch with more chicken mince and they've tripe for a bit later on, I'm not feeding them the same time as the others as I would go insane trying to cope with everyone at the same time, so they get fed at strange times
LOL at you with a Bernese shrug Lynn, or was he a footwarmer.
Helena, that dog of your friends is a 'diffuser' couldn't remember the name, but it came to me this morning, and their role in the pack is to break up arguments, and that is what he does.
Jenny, I know it is upsetting that your mum failed the memory test, but she doesn't know that, she has not the faintest idea whats going on, she's happy in her own little world (a bit like Helena really ) and it is something to be thankful for, it is everyone else that is upset, but she isn't, and that is the main thing here.
Malka In A Onesie!!!! As long as you're warm and no longer cold that is a massive plus, and unless you've got a man due anytime soon, then who cares???
Nippy, with that steam mop of yours your kitchen floor will be spotless, in fact I'll swop kitchen floors at the moment, you have 8 puppies on a kitchen floor and I'll have the kitchen floor with the pasties on it!!! Well done on another addition to The Clan, when's the next Family Reunion
Lore, my friend who has Cruz has been poorly like that, she was coming over to see our babies and text to say she was in bed with a bucket!!! Hope you're feeling better soon, and really you are best at home rather than spreading it through the school in time for Christmas Dinner.
Linda, Carys is having a very hectic social life and wonderful that the play went down so well, she will sleep for a couple of days once she finishes, then you've got Christmas etc. so she'll only be bored for a week!!
Malka, I could hear all this squeaking, distress puppy call, but couldn't work out where from, it looked like it was coming from PixieLott, but it wasn't, then I found Dora The Explorer firmly wedged behind her having got herself trapped behind the 2 crates I have put there to stop puppies like her from getting where she was!!!! She is very aptly named lol
Shoppings in the house now, have got girly veg on, grated a clove of garlic in it, and the babies are all lifting their heads sniffing
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:24 PM
June - please don't overdo it because the pain killers mask the pain and you could end up making it worse.

I hope your friend's OH can get to you soon to help out because you do need those babies in their own pad.

I really need that steam mop though because when Loki gets up after his walks, his teflon coat has shed all the mud all over my floor!

Sorry Nippy, I forgot to comment on your pasties - ye Gods, I'd never be able to eat something after it's been dropped on our floor after Loki's been there (see above ) so I really do need that steam mop.

By the way, did I mention how badly I need the steam mop?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:25 PM
June, well done on taking a notch out of the stable door it is going to be fine that is all you need so that you do not lose too much heat from the PP. However, you will need some air in there have some vents been left in the PP for the pups and their mum if she is going out there too?

Lore, hope you are feeling much much better tonight.

Lynn
is does sound as though Dillon has finally settled down to his new home now and likewise yourself too. Well done.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Well just be careful with the tree and the lights.
Oh dear not what you wanted to hear about not sawing the door but what are you supposed to do. I can't believe we haven't been able to find anyone to do the stairs yet. I naively thought there might be some workmen out there who needed work. Hopefully the stars will get done in the New Year for you I am hoping it will be done by the weekend.
Poor Mabs trying to get away from those little razor teeth.
Dillon loves the smell of garlic.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Thank you Moyra for that reminder - you see Lynn, I've been so busy dreaming of steam mops I forgot to say a big YAY that Dillon is settling!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Linda did you mention something about needing a steam mop.

Moyra thank you we are settling down now and into the routine. Of course from Friday Gorden is home for two weeks so there maybe some tantrums from Dillon when we return to our normal routine in the New Year.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2013, 06:32 PM
My Mum was clearly having a bad day when she had the test (very typical of Vascular Dementia ... good days and bad days). She was chatty and happy today so not depressing although had I asked her what her name was I have no idea if she'd known it or not OH out at a meeting so I shot down to Waitrose and bought myself a ready meal ...... he won't eat them so a real treat for me. I got Green Thai curry and rice It is really really vile outside now ... wet and very windy so I don't plan on going anywhere now.

LS Christmas was such a wonderful time as child and I do remember the endless end of term parties Also when my sons were little having so much to organise with making outfits, providing food for parties etc etc.
Helena 90% of the time my dogs are walked here on the estates 19 acres or over Chertsey Meads but its varied each day and we see different people and dogs. I think at this time of year with very short days and mud underfoot, they are perhaps luckier than most dogs I'll be searching for tiles early next year to re-do our en-suite but I know OH and I will probably have differing views on what tiles .... I'm determined I'll win
Moyra and Lynn Like both of you I have so many boating stories I could tell. One that will always stick in my mind though was when our kids were small. We had just untied the ropes to go in to a lock and it was very windy. The boat went forward but then slewed sideways and initially we thought it was the wind (our boat is tall) but when the bow thruster wouldn't budge the boat we knew there was a problem. Our 'problem' turned out to be our youngest son, who had managed to let our anchor down (electric) while we were moored up waiting to go into the lock. All our boating holidays produced every emotion from sheer delight when moored up with a glass of wine, to utter terror when caught out in huge seas with green water crashing over the top of the boat. A campervan sounds much more appealing these days.
June Well done ... it sounds as though you have probably sorted the electric problem in the PP. If your friend's OH also makes it over to you he'll be able to make sure everything is OK or make it more permanent ... but if he can't get over at least you'll hopefully get them out tomorrow with the temporary fix You poor thing with you back ..... if only you didn't have that everything wouldn't seem such a chore .... back pain is horrendous (((hugs))).

Having just seen the weather forecast I'm going to get the dogs in the garden now for a quick wee before it gets even worse.
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »