Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
louieboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:32 PM

Charlotte's web elixir for seizures

I saw online about a young girl who suffers from severe seizures, roughly 300 weekly. With no options left, parents decided to try her on medical marijuana. A dispensary in Colorado came up with a elixir,( which they now call Charlotte's web after the young girl) to treat her seizures. Ift has been a medical miracle for her. Originally, it was tested and worked on dogs. I thought I would pass this info along. Wondering if anyone has heard of it or tried it for their pups. I was thinking of Pereg .
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:43 PM
You say she suffered from SEIZURES. Do you mean EPILEPSY?

**editing to say yes you do. I looked it up. It states it is specifically for CHILDHOOD epilepsy. Nothing about adults or dogs.

Bit of info here

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2411701...-with-epilepsy

(It's always a good idea to include a link to where you read about stuff when you report it in 'your own words' so people can see for themselves). You may of course have read it somewhere else. My link is to the first result on a search where I read about it.

More about it here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4261935.html

Their Charlotte's Web varietal of medical pot, named after 6-year-old patient Charlotte Figi who suffers from debilitating seizures as a result of a rare form of epilepsy called Dravet Syndrome, recently made headlines when Charlotte's story was highlighted in a CNN documentary.

Desperate for options to treat their daughter's condition, the family explored cannabis oil -- an unconventional treatment to be sure, but one that Charlotte's mom Paige Figi told KDVR worked immediately.
It makes it quite clear that they are talking about a specific and rare form of childhood epilepsy.
louieboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Yes, I should have been more clear,
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2013, 02:50 PM
That sounds like "Dixie Dew Drops" which is now being touted [at a considerable price and with no proof whatsoever that it has any effect] as the new elixir for canine epilepsy.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I edited mine as you were posting again. Yes could have been more clear but maybe should have read the article more carefully too before reporting it in your own words. As in my post above. Absolutely nowhere is it even suggested this could assist dogs with epilepsy.
louieboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 02:56 PM
There is a dispensary in Colorado that provided it for free, they ask for a donation based on what is a person can afford. However,I do not know if this is an option for dog owners. I wanted to pass this info along and thought anyone interested might check further. The article was interesting.
louieboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:17 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health...cal-marijuana/

Apologize if i read it incorrectly.