View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Sorry I have hadn't said hello to all those that came on during my melt down and after. So afternoon to everyone who I neglected to say hello sorry if you have aches and pains and trials hoping they are all better soon.

I have been in the garden so has Dillon I have been round putting bricks against the gaps in the fence where the little cavvies live that nearly nipped his nose off the other day. They were growling and barking at me understandable I suppose and they have not been use to a dog next door. In all fairness neither has Dillon and so far he has behaved very well.
I have also trimmed up some roses and fed the birds and Dillon has been haring around like a lunatic and racing about around me but keeping off me so I do think like June said that jacket was probably the trigger it shouldn't happen but if I know what it is I can work with it and he still has some way to go to become a well behaved dog but as said he is still very young so for now I will keep working on him.
I am glad I have emailed his breeder she may have some tips too.
I felt pretty down when I woke up today not sure why Gorden is home tonight and bringing fish and chips.
Better get on and clean the house now and me.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm pleased that Dillon has behaved himself more now, Lynn. Maybe he gets so excited and beside himself when he sees it because it's part of the routine - jacket signals "The Walk".
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 01:57 PM
You could be right Linda, it could be the same as bringing the lead out in his eyes.
I am always careful about what I wear if I have to go outside to clean up but they are not going out, they look soooo disappointed bless them
You're in a bad place at the moment Lynn, the slightest thing is being magnified, so calm down within yourself and keep Dillon confused by changing coats
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Gave Mabs a bone before and she took it into the babies and was eating it, so got some piccies, here is Todays Fix

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Lynn
These are the triggers for Bella getting a tad excited about our morning walk. Putting my flip flops on! And maybe picking up a bag of rubbish to take down!

She patiently follows me round while I go to the loo, clean my teeth and dress and start packing my dog walking shoulder bag - ciggies, can of coffee, doggybags, some money, doorkeys. She doesn't even go overboard when I get her lead and collar out of the drawer by the door. Or even when I unlock the door. And good as gold while I put her on lead (but still sometimes go back and forth with her until ready coz usually checking stuff). But when I put my flips on - well we are GOING then! I've started taking them off outside the door so that she will remain calm the whole time!

Her 'trigger' for turning into an exorcist dawg in the car is when I pull on the handbrake AND unclip my seatbelt! Unfortunately I am never going to be able to avoid either of those things if I want to get out of the car!

And the only other time she gets really 'bolshie' is when we get back from our morning walk if I take my time getting her her bit of frozen chicken wing. She will go to the verandah open door and bark and bark at me. Well it's a habit and she expects it. It used to be 'treat time' but since I've wanted to slim her down a bit - all treats come out of her food allowance (not that I've noticed her getting slimmer!)

I am so glad you enjoyed a bit of time pottering in the garden. When I had gardens it was my favourite way of relaxing even if it wore me out! Can't say I'd recommend housework or cleaning as a form of stress relief tho!

Tawney
That is an ADORABLE photo of Mabs. She looks so gentle. What a lovely dog.

What I need on this site is a SOAPBOX section or just the PRIMEAVAL SCREAM section. Just to go let off steam about stuff that is pissing you off right here, right now! Not needing advice (but a bit of sympathy never goes amiss lol!)

I'd like to say 'pin a bleedin' medal on me' coz I've got those spreadsheets done at last. And I knew as soon as I woke today I would get them done. Because I slept well and long and woke feeling clearheaded and ready to tackle stuff.

But have a 'work related' situation that I could just sit and scream or pull my hair out about!

Hey ho - my quick fix is just told them I might 'have a look' today but won't be DOING anything until over the weekend and a subtle reminder I work PART TIME and already do enough hours or more than I want to do. Moan moan moan....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 02:39 PM
His breeder has emailed back she says I need to get tougher which she knows will be hard for me as I am so down.

She says he is being a git.

She also says if I really can't cope of course she will take him back but she has a litter due soon so wouldn't be able to assess him as she would like but she does have someone on her list waiting for an adult dog.

I don't know what to do for the best. He shouldn't feel like such hard work I don't know if I can give him what he needs I just don't know what to do.
What if this person can give him more time, training exercise and possibly another dog for company on the other hand he will of been moved from his original home to a new home then onto another home and new people. How will he cope ? Possibly better than me.
Also another failure like Zanta was.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Lovely photos June.
Have a gold star Pat.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Lovely photos June.
Have a gold star Pat.
Thank you Lynn (she said licking the star and pressing it onto her Tshirt!)

I am a tad puzzled by this 'other dog for company' stuff. I always used to assume dogs would be 'happier' if they had another dog around and sometimes feel a bit guilty (like you do about an only child!) but always only had one dog at a time.

Then NO WAY would my old Cavvy have liked another dog around. And Bella has clearly demonstrated that much as she likes other dogs when out - she absolutely does NOT want them in her 'home'. lol!

So I sort of came to the conclusion for it to work smoothly and well you'd have to get two together or maybe keep a pup if you bred from your bitch.

Funny thing is when she is in boarding she likes the other dogs there. Just doesn't want them in OUR PAD! Not even her 'best mate' dog. Really sulks and behaves like an unsociable old cow even worse than me! Will actually take herself off to another room to get away from them. Something she would NEVER do with just the human visitors - she adores them and monopolises them.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm going to move all the living space furniture around tomorrow. Just thought you'd all be dying to know that. Actually got up to start on it right now but decided to leave it for tomorrow!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
His breeder has emailed back she says I need to get tougher which she knows will be hard for me as I am so down.

She says he is being a git................
Oh Lynn do not dispair, I've had dogs come to me much worse than your Dillon

Have you done any "formal"type training with Dillon ? Clicker training to stretch his mind & make him do all the work ? It really does help & tires the dog at the same time, 15 mins of clicker training is the sam eas 45 minutes of brisk walking !

As for the yapping neighbours, tell me about it, one of my neighbours had a Westie that yapped if I opened the back door & it went on for hours afterwards, winding up my dogs, good job there is a 6 foot concrete wall between the gardens !

A fairly cheap way of reinforcing a fence/hedge is chicken wire, plants can grow through it & disguise it & it stops the dogs having access
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »