Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:19 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Kept waking up from 3 am and nodding off again for an hour, sooooo unlike me, but I can hear this droning noise in the distance. It's probably the fridge, so I'm going to check it out tonight when I hear it. Happened the night before too, and one of the things I love about this place is that it's totally silent overnight, unlike the hum of the pub fans overnight where we lived before, so I've got to sort out what it is, otherwise I'll get paranoid about it and not sleep at all.

Dave's home for 3 days now and we haven't discussed the agenda as of yet, but I'm sure he'll find something for us to get involved in, when we're out walking Zena this morning.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, didn't catch up last night cos I was on the phone a lot.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll try and pop in later but I doubt I can.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning H and all,

Work again today until 4pm and then at 5pm woo hoo little Lyla is being delivered to me.

I think she is going to be terrified when she first gets here. Leaving her mummy and brothers and sisters and coming to a strange house, but I am sure in a few days she will realise she is going to get spoilt here and its not scary really.

Mum is finally seeing the doctor this evening, I just hope if he says she needs to go to hospital she will. my dad can't look after himself due to his health problems so I am going to try and pop round hers before her appointment and tell her she must go as if necessary I would take time off work and care for him so she can put herself first.

Had a lovely night at Bingo last night, didn't win anything but it was fun and I am going to go every Thursday now.

Have a lovely weekend with Dave, H.

Hope everyone else is ok. have a good day all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Incredibly mild here this morning 13 degrees (according to my car) and the reason I know that because I dropped my son at the station at at 6.50. Helena I too had a disturbed night as due to Rucksack having an upset tum I decided to sleep on the settee in the kitchen so I could let him out if he asked. Its not that easy to hear them as our bedroom is the other side of the house. He asked to go out at 4.30 and is better than yesterday but still loose (he's on his second day of Canikur). I gave him a small meal and that has stayed down so far and he seems absolutely fine in himself.
Helena - Have a good weekend and I'm sure you and Dave will be busy getting on with some project or other I hope Zena's leg is OK. I assume you aren't going to rest her then for a few days
Hi to Bev 'cos I noticed you were on here too and will probably post before me I hope your Mum is OK and you managed to get to and enjoyed Bingo last night.

Nothing planned here today other than walking the dogs and the usual housework.

**** I knew you'd beat me to it Bev Lol. A big day today for you, how exciting welcoming Lyla into the fold, she'll have to be our chatroom mascot *****
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Helena, morning all,

Helena, hope you find the mystery noise, and Dave doesn't have you doing too much.

I'm off to work this morning, feeling good apart from a sore wrist, don't know what I've done but it hurts when I put any pressure on it so lifting anything hurts.

Tonight, washing pile, resulting ironing pile and some paperwork. Want to get lots done this weekend cause I've had two weekends on the trot away.

Have a good day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Pinch, punch the first of the month..... how childish was that I just felt like it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
LOL Jenny, you forgot to say white rabbit there!!!! So here's to you white rabbit protects you from getting it back ya see - I have a good memory from my schooldays

Morning Bev, exciting, exciiiiiiiiting day for you today, awwwww

Morning Jenny, Zena is 100% since yesterday lunchtime, but I won't be chucking that ball for a few days and see how she goes, it's all so odd to me. Enjoy your doing nothing day apart from walking the boys and I do hope Rucksack gets better as the day goes on.

Morning Lorraine, ouch, you must have twisted that wrist and sprained it, hope it improves later, and enjoy your day off.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi all
Not feeling to good today, dizzy and sick.
Love that puss Bev as you say she will soon settle in
Hello Lore.
Jenny I have already pinched and punched over the "other place"!
Back later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Jenny
Pinch punch first of the month? How childish was that indeed? Here's a kick for being so quick!
Oh hang on - just spotted Helena and her 'white rabbit' she wins in the childishness stakes lol! (Says she has a good memory from her schooldays but really she is just entering her 'second childhood')

Helena
Enjoy having your man home for a few days. Mystery noises? Oh boy that does my head in. Worst one ever was a droning intermittent booster pump on the roof here - vibrating down the lift shaft. Me and another neighbour made a cushion to sit it on lol! The most recent yesterday (when everything was going wrong) I could hear this 'kerchunk kerchunk' outside - really getting to me - it sounded like the noise of a photocopier churning out copies! I kept going outside to see what it was. Well this morning the mystery is cleared up - spotted a huge earth shoveller over the back of the 'wasteland' and it was methodically shovelling up a pile and moving it to another pile a few feet away. Gawd knows what for.

madmare
Glad you had some fun at the Bingo and oooh! it won't be long now until you have a little fluffy bundle to love and cuddle. I am so happy for you. I'm sure she will settle quickly and just love being the only other resident apart from her 'maid'! Give Lyla a tickle behind the ears from me!

I'm glad your mum is seeing the doc, good luck with that and I hope the situation with your mum turns out OK for your sake as well as hers.

Jenny
Good to hear Rucksack is getting a bit better even if he is getting you up really early. Must be a relief.

lore
Good morning. Your schedule has me feeling tired reading it (as usual) not surprised you have a sore wrist - am surprised you don't ache all over most days! Wrists are tricky joints I believe. Keep an eye on it and see the doc or pharmacist if needs be.

Nippy
Sorry you feel lousy today. Take it easy.

Because yesterday was SO frustrating for me I've decided today to do nowt other than doss in the sun and watch telly on and off. I was disappointed to find that LUTHER on BBC Entertainment last night here was the first episode of the first series. I've got series 1 and 2 on DVD and hoped it would be more recent. Never mind - and I watched it again anyway then I went to bed by about midnight (didn't go straight off to sleep tho) didn't get up until after 8 this morning but still feel tired!

Met a lovely new dog on our walk this morning - big springer cross English summat - ZORRO - coz he had the 'mask'. Lovely great lolloping thing whose owner called out from the distance 'he is really friendly don't worry' as he'd seen Bella go into her 'flatten herself into the ground and wait' mode! He recognised her as a minpin as his 'other dog' is a minpin! We sat on the wall and chatted for ages putting the world to rights (and how minpins do love to bark at everything!) while our mutts mooched about together coming back when called if any vehicles appeared. Just right for me today as I didn't feel in the least bit energetic so the long sit down half way back was most welcome. I didn't need to put Bella back on her lead at all on the way home as she went into one of her 'see how good I am at walking to heel I have glued myself to your left flip flop' modes where she actually manages to land her right front paw on my left foot with every stride I take! She does make me laugh! She's had her chicken now (asked for seconds) and is crashed out down on the floor beside me.

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Helena, try and have a lazy weekend with Dave.

Bev. Oh bless Lyla she is lovely it will be super once she settles in. Glad you got some attention for your mum.

Lore, so sorry you have hurt your wrist. Try and take it easy for a change.

Jenny, hope Rucksack is back to his normal self now. Bless him

Nippy Jen, sorry you are not feeling too good, hope you feel better soon.

Have good day everyone and take care. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Bizarre occurrence - just walked muttley over to the corner kiosk with me where a local was sat outside and made a real fuss of her then said 'she reminds me of my Auntie because she loves everyone too' lol!
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »