Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
i have always been anti abortion
that was until i fell preg at the age of 15, now there is nothing wrong with that it was not planned but both familles sat down and talked about it and me and OH decided that we would go ahead with it, i got to 20 weeks and was having my second scan and was told that there was a big problem.
to cut a long story short we decided to have and an abortion. i was just gone 21. week. if this new law had come in then i would not have been able to do that. my life was at risk and there was no way the baby could of lived. i think abortion should be open to every 1 but only for a short time but left open up until the 24 weeks for the ppl like me that had a medical reason to have 1.
i regret what i done and in another way i don't there was no way i could of bought a brain damaged baby up at 15.
Bobby,so sorry about your baby,that must have been been a terrible time for you..things have changed since then and are changing all the time, with new techniques and scans it is now possible to detect abnormalities and problem at a much earlier stage in pregnancy so I feel the latest time to terminate could be reduced.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hear that bobbie

Hmm well i may be in a situation where i have to choose!
I dont know, because i am very young, but not sure if i could go through an abortion! its a tough one! i dont believe in bringing a baby into the world unless you can support it fully both finacially and emotionally.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Bobby,so sorry about your baby,that must have been been a terrible time for you..things have changed since then and are changing all the time, with new techniques and scans it is now possible to detect abnormalities and problem at a much earlier stage in pregnancy so I feel the latest time to terminate could be reduced.
thanks Mini

but if you think about it there is not
you have your first scan at about 9/11 week, they do that just to make sure there is a baby and how many, there is little eles they know at that time. i hand no check up after that until i was 15 weeks and that was just blood presure. had the 20 week scan and that's when they noticed that there was problems, there was no other way of knowing other than a scan and unless they know these going to be a problem then most women only get the 2 scans.

when i fell for my other 3 kids i did have more scans than most other ppl but that was not until after the 20 week scan so if the same thing had gone wrong they would not of know until then
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Doctors regect call to reduce abortion limit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 03:25 AM
I would never personally have an abortion regardless of the circumstance but would never infringe on anyones right to their own choice.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 08:15 AM
I really don't have a view either way ....I have never been a a position to have to decide something like this .....I think its personal to who ever it effects !
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Exactly inca, it should be down to the individual
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 09:32 AM
I think its a hard thing to discuss unless you have been in the position ........
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I totally agree Inca. No-one can really pass an honest opinion unless they've been faced with this sort of decision, and i'm sure it's not one that women take lightly

I'm probably more open minded about terminations now than I ever was. I know a woman who had a termination at 15. She went through with it because of pressure from her Mum. Now she's unable to have children as a result of the termination.

When I was pregnant with my youngest I was told there was a higher risk of my baby being born with Spinabifida. I was told by the doctor that if the scan's showed that the baby had this, I would be given a choice of going through with the pregnancy or having it terminated For the few weeks leading up to my next scan I went through emotional hell. Did I raise a child with this condition, or did I play God and end my un born baby's life

Thankfully I was carrying a healthy baby I still to this day don't know what I would of done. I just thank my lucky stars I didn't have to make that decision. It gave me a greater insight of what thousands of women, up and down the country, have to face each day. I will say this though, my heart goes out to you all.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I believe life begins at conception and that the life of the unborn child is as important as everyone else's. In the case of rape, horrid as it is for the poor woman I do not believe that taking another person's life is the solution. All human life to me is sacred and even the tiniest wee unborn baby should be given the same rights as a "born" human. I would never condemn someone for having an abortion and it breaks my heart that people, like bobbie was faced with such difficult circumstances (((hugs))).

I'm not sure whether to post this bit as I really don't want to upset anyone who has been through an abortion - I will not go into detail, but when I was in High School I saw a video of an abortion taking place. The video detailed what actually happens to the baby during the abortion, I will just say it was very distressing viewing. Taking into acount the advances in medical science and after seeing the amazing pictures recently of a 12 week old baby in the womb jumping about and using the womb as a trampoline, I think we really need to review the law.
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »