Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Personally it is not something I would do
BUT
I would never judge anyone who has had to face this decision as it is the hardest and most heart-rendering thing to have to do - with life time effects - mental and physical - on that person. Please be kind with this discussion as there may be people out there who have had to consider this option and who are struggling to come to terms with it and I would hate for anyone to feel hurt.

Other things to consider:

What if it is for health reasons?
What if the foetus was genetically deformed in some way and the parent (s) wouldn't be able to cope long term?
What if it came about by force?
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Well as peopel ahve issues with my psots, i ahve edited the post.
With all due respects, it is my business whether i hold this or a multitude of other things against her. And yes it is up to me if i psot it, she was a foolish girl whom new her situation and then backed out, so to speak at the last availabel time
And i do think this may explod further, thus i am opting out now
best wishes
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 07:17 PM
your right luke it is upto you to forgive and forget none of us can do it for you.
i have a sister who has done things in her life i don't like or agree with but at the end of the day its her life not mine.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Im think it should be lowered to 20 weeks and it should NEVER be used as a form of contraception!

I just dont think anyone has the right to say no one should be allowed one!

I always pratice safe sex and lucky enough to not have fallen pregnant and if a condem were to break i would not be foolish and go and get the morning after pill!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Saz i agree with you hun, i would be very upset if that was my bussiness and my brother told a dog forum!!!

My brothers mean the world to me, people i love, people who love me and protect me and see me for me!

A brother and sister relionship is special luke, so please understand that maybe one day something bad may happen and you will regret your words!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

30-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Oh well in for a penny in for a pound......I firmly believe that it is not up to anyone else to judge another human being and it amazes me that most of the most prominant prol-lifers are men!.......ok the advancments of medical science are great they are now saving babies at a much earlier age.......

Where I sued to work we had an office junior lovely wee lass very naive...had an older boyfriend...mum and dad were not very clever.......She came to me one day and asked if she could have a private word.....nae probs...we went for a stroll round the yard.....she had had some time off cause of being sick and tired and kept passing out in shops etc....now remember she is 16 years old!.........what is her big secret...yep she is pregnant...and how far along is 22 weeks! bl**dy hell how did you not know I asked her.....I was still having small periods (not uncommon)..........not only that the baby had a severe abnormality........would I help and support her if she decided to have a late term abortion....yes of course....here she is 16 with a baby on the way that was going to be severly disabled......?she went ahead with this her friends and her parents treated her like a monster!......she was only a child herseld.......yes I know she should have taken more care when having sex...but her "boyfriend" told her you cannot get pregnant the fist couple of times!!!1...now this was only in 1991.......I waas only 23 myself........

If they ban terminations from 20 weeks onwards this poor lass would have had to have a baby that she did not want, and yes it could have been pu up for adoption and yes it might have been giving a loving home.......but somtimes this is not the case and the poor people spend the rest of their lives in hospitals or care facilities......

i am sorry but it is a personal choice and i would stand by anyone who choose to go down this route if they felt that was what the right choice was for them........

eeeeekkkk I have prattled ona bit ..........sorry (running swiftly ro hide now )
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:27 PM
I totally agree that the age for abotion should be lowered! I do think however that for some people in some circumstances abortions is the best option, some people really shouldnt have children!

Getting pregnant is my worse fear, I really dont want a child but I dont think I could bare to have an abotion, I paticually think because I am a qualified nursery nurse I have less rights than others to have an abortian because in theory I have the skills to be a good parent
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Sponge great post!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Thank you Sponge.

An ex colleague of mine had an abortion because she was in her 40's and the tests came out as Downs. There was no knowing how severe the disability would have been and had she been younger, she would have kept it. However she had no family to help out, a huge mortgage so paid care wasn't financially possible and was worried about the future - when she and her partner were no longer there, who would take care of their son/daughter, and she was terrified of the kind of life he/she would have had in today's society.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
A brother and sister relionship is special luke, so please understand that maybe one day something bad may happen and you will regret your words!
PAH
to some not to me and that particular sister, as i ahve stated it is my business, and there are more complexed and further issues that lead to us not getting along, and basically hating each other.
Sorry to go off topic, but thought one must explain
best wishes
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »