View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bale844
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2005, 07:28 AM
which leads back to my opinion - you CANT say all abortions are wrong.
yes some people are stupid with it + they probably pay for it along time afterwards wondering if it was the right decision or not but we cant condemn everybody who has had 1!!
we all are entitled to have opinions about it but at the same time if each + every persons situation is not known we shouldn't be judgemental of them.
these are my feelings anyway, jo xxx
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

19-08-2005, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=Rhianna] Abortion makes
me sad and angry if a woman ad a man have unproteced sex then tehy are aware of the risk ie a baby and to ahve an abortion just becaus it dsent fitin with their lives is wrong.
i ahev 2 sons ok thay are both very young but one day will be dadies and I also think it is wrong taht the choice lies only with the woman _ how about the fathers felings the grandparents and other potential family members???

_So one day your son of say 15 (just as an example)come home and says mum I got drunk at a party and now the girl says the baby is mine........So your going to be ok with this because according to you "if a woman ad a man have unproteced sex then tehy are aware of the risk ie a baby and to ahve an abortion just becaus it dsent fitin with their lives is wrong.

If the girl then decides I have made mistake and dont want to hve to bring up a baby because i got drunk and slept with someone I hardly know(or because they got carried away with booze).....you would encourage them to keep it?

That is sad IMO.
bale844
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2005, 07:52 AM
i to understand + agree that its unfair for men to have no say over abortions but at the same time that would be a way of presurising a woman to have the child.
its the woman who goes through the 9 months of pregnancy + to do that when you dont want the child would be tragic.
i think an answer needs to be found that serves both men + women. jo xxx
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Woofer
I wouldn't say i was anti-abortion, what i would say is that it should not be used as a method of contraception, it should be lowered, and below 20 weeks even, surely a woman should know by then if she wants the baby or not, but it should not be a decision to be taken lightly either. No method of contraception is 100%.
Well said,
I think every woman should have the choice and not have it made for them!!!
and if you cant tell I pro-abortion, I've had 6 miscarriages and 1 TOP, I had been on the PILL, and just the thought of carrying his baby made me feel so sick I had just left my ex husband, and there was no way in hell I was going though with the pregnecy full term just to please people
These people who think young girls or women who have been rape should go ahead and have the babies then give it up, dont think of what the victim went though in the first place or any victim of violent crimes.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I have never had an abortion and don't think I ever could have done but I don't think that others who do have abortions are wrong. Its their life and their body and their decision - no one elses. I don't agree with people who use abortion as some sort of contraception, (that they take it for granted if they get pregnant that they can have an abortion and then do the same thing over and over again - that is definitely wrong) but when I was having my four year old I had to have an amnio test (needle in my stomach that took a sample of the ammniotic fluid to test for spina bifida and downs syndrome) and I think that if anything had been wrong I would definitely had an abortion because I couldn't have coped with a special needs child although I know that many people do and they are wonderful people
Foxy, that very brave to say that,
and I would be another who would have a TOP if I had tests done and they came back positive as I know I wouldn't be able to cope and I take my hat off to all those wonderful people than can cope with a special needs child
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Other than for proven medical reasons i dont hold with abortion at all but as there will clearly never be an end to abortion then i think , it should be done as early as poss even 20 weeks is far too late ,most babies "quicken" at about 16 weeks .
hunnybaby1232000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2005, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Archaeopath]I'm not going to post my personal views on abortion as it is an extremely personal choice someone has to make.

But for the anti-abortion/pro-lifers on DW - how d'you feel about abortions resulting from rapes? Do the ethics change dependent on the circumstances? Or should a young girl carry the responsibilities of rearing a child she had no choice in creating?

I have to agree with Archaepath on this one, abortion cannot be an easy option for anyone.

michelle
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17