Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Well done.... for looking after him.

Good job you did`nt need the police for an emergency..... No burglery/mugging/ after 5 please ....." where Closed"
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 07:58 PM
oh poor dog people like tht shouldnt be allowed dogs,, but well done you for looking after him and caring enough to notice
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 07:58 PM
poor thing - well done you.

I was once followed to college by a Staffy. He was very friendly and walked to heel but the trouble was I had a lesson and the security guard wouldn't let me in, he said 'you can't bring your dog in here' I said to him 'it's not my dog!' but he wouldn't let me in! I think he was secretely scared of dogs!

But that dog was out on his own and a few other people have seen him around aswell, he came out of a alley wearing a studded harness and scared me so much! Then I realised he was friendly.

It really winds me up when people don't dedicate themselves to their dogs.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Yeh - I had the same situation about a year ago:

Was walking bruno round the golf course and a spaniel and a little yorkie came running up to him, now Bruno as you all know is not a particularly friendly wee beast so I thought oh great will have another run in with an owner, however after the dogs continued to follow us up the path I realised there was no owner. I had a spare lead as was trying to train bruno at the time ( LOL- so much for that !! )

Anyway the dog wouldnt let me near enough to him to stick him on a lead, but he continued to follow us - after leaving the golf course, I headed my normal route home which takes me across a railway footbridge and 5 main roads. These two dogs followed me all the way, then the spaniel got a bit close to Bruno and he started to bark at it - so it ran in front of us onto the road - straight in front of a car which braked and missed it thankfully - it went running off into the housing estate.- followed by the little dog- By this point I couldnt just leave it as I was concerned as to why it was wondering itself. I followed the dog as best i could and stopped a few people - asked if they had seen it etc - eventually got to a building site ( I still had bruno at this point too) and the dog was sitting infront of it - There was a few workies outside so I asked one of them if they could lead the dog for me - which one of them did - because I had bruno I couldnt exactly take the dog home with me - so I asked the workie to hang on to the dog whilst I took Bruno home and then I would come back and get the dog. the guy was fab - took him into the workies portacabin and fed him lots of biscuits - dog was starving - I took bruno home and drove back to get the dog. I called the dog warden who was useless and told me he was about to go home, but that he supposed he could swing by on his way home - I explained I couldnt take the dog home as I had a dog myself.

Anyway I decided to walk with the dog round the local shops to see if anyone recognised the dog - eventually came across a girl and her mum () girl was about 7) and they were like oh yes thats sonso's dog - I know where he lives - by this point I was livid that this dog had been missing for over 4 hours and noone was out looking - he obviously came from local area. Anyway what makes this story worse is that the mother let her 7 yr oild child walk with me ( a complete stranger) to show me where this dog lived - at least a mile up the road at 6oclock at night !!

I get to the front door of the house - ring the bell and they answer look at me and I say is this your dog ? She shouts back into the house and says - is the dog here ??

they didnt even know it was missing - what completely pointless owners - why even bother having a dog - After all that the dog warden didnt show up and the owners barely said thankyou - If i hadnt had bruno I wouldnt have given them there dog back !

I found out later that the dog gets left to wander the streets all the time - it has to cross 2 main roads and a railway line to get to the golf course - horrendous in my opinion - they shouldnt be allowed dogs =- Oh and by the way they shouted at the dog and whacked him when they got him back in the house - saying bad dog - why did you run away - If I was him I would run away too !!!
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I do understand sometimes animals escape it can happen to anyone but with Abby I have her chipped she always wears a collar and she has a DNA swab taken, so I know that if she does get handed in to the dog warden they will have my details but if your dog is out the whole time it annoys me, he was really old but such a sweety. Matthew was with me and wanted to keep him.
Mary
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 10:55 AM
People like that shouldnt be allowed to have dogs! It makes me so mad I would love a dog and give one a good home but cant at the mo due to living in a small flat and people like that get to have dogs and couldnt give a s**t about them, its so unfair!!!!!! Driving home from work one day I saw a small dog running round in the road opposite our house, pulled up and went out to look for it armed with treats but couldnt find the dog, same thing happened the next day then the day after I saw the dog with what were obviously its owners they opened their door said go play and the dog ran out across the road and they just went back inside and shut the door! It made me so mad
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2