Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Of course not but it is fun for children and adds to the magic of Christmas for them.

For Christians, Santa is based on Saint Nicholas, a Christian who apparently gave much of his inheritance to the needy and sick and protected children, so the stories go ... so it isn't too far off the mark to have a benevolent Santa around, even if he has evolved into a rotund chap with a white beard and dressed in a red suit.
It's actually more to do with my upbringing than my faith I think. My Christmas list went to my dad and sometimes I got somethin off it. My mom worked her behind off to try and get me something which was never much. That means so much more than some fat man with no dress sense breaking in to my house on Christmas eve and drinking my milk and stuff Looooooooooool.

Nah as I said I won't kill my kids magic but I'm not fueling the lie.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2010, 07:50 PM
eh? There isnt a father christmas?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
eh? There isnt a father christmas?
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. ......
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
It's actually more to do with my upbringing than my faith I think. My Christmas list went to my dad and sometimes I got somethin off it. My mom worked her behind off to try and get me something which was never much. That means so much more than some fat man with no dress sense breaking in to my house on Christmas eve and drinking my milk and stuff Looooooooooool.

Nah as I said I won't kill my kids magic but I'm not fueling the lie.
I understand.

Out of interest, what do you tell them if they ask why Santa didn't bring them a present? I'm thinking if their friends tell them etc. For instance, when my daughter was at pre-school they all posted their lists to Santa.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I understand.

Out of interest, what do you tell them if they ask why Santa didn't bring them a present? I'm thinking if their friends tell them etc. For instance, when my daughter was at pre-school they all posted their lists to Santa.
I was wondering the same
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I understand.

You tell them Santa had to sign the sex offenders register,Rudolfs crack habit had gotten out of hand and the sleigh was towed to a Police compound.

I think they would believe this too if allowed to watch Hollyoaks.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-12-2010, 08:26 PM
I love christmas ...my son is 9 and still believes...its magical.......he gets loads of pressies just wrapped up his sack pressies from santa he has 42.....and a bike from us......

lots of food on the day and a house full....14 for dinner...

church on christmas eve

The whole thing is just wonderful for kids....why would I want to spoil it earlier than necessary
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
You tell them Santa had to sign the sex offenders register,Rudolfs crack habit had gotten out of hand and the sleigh was towed to a Police compound.

I think they would believe this too if allowed to watch Hollyoaks.
What are you on?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2010, 08:37 PM

I will let her find out for herself. If she's as clever as I think she is, she'll pretend she thinks he's real even when she no longer believes it and tell me that really expensive presents are possible because Santa brings them!
My oldest boy is 12 and either he still believes or is playing along with us because of his little brothers.........which ever it is I love him for it.

Christmas is magical and Santa is a big part of that
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2010, 10:29 PM
When our Grandkids lived here (with their Mum) my OH made a boot stencil out of cardboard and sprinkled an icing sugar & sparkles mixture onto it , from the chimney to the tree and back again
So when the kids got up they discovered Santas magical snowy footprints and would race back upstairs to drag us down to see them
It meant getting the hoover out first thing , but it was so worth it

I cant remember when my Daughter stopped believing in Santa , she's 25 now , for all I know she still does believe
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »