View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Finally, what I've been trying to get for the last 10 pages.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Is this still going - Santa will have come and gone by the time you've finished - it's a joke honest please dont shoot me!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I think we need to take a step back here and think about what we are talking about. From the time a child is young we read them fairy stories, show them pictures of dragons and fairies and it stimulates their imagination and creativity.....Then for some along comes the Easter bunny , the tooth fairy and Santa...Some of the magic from their childhood tales and dreams slips into their lives......they believe until they reach a natural level of maturity that tells them the real world is not like that........

It would be a grim world where we only read fact not fiction, where we showed them no images other than realistic images.......

All my children have come through the fantasy stage, although my youngest is still weighing up Santa...I will tell her if she asks me as I have done with the others......until then we will sprinkle the reindeer food, put out a mince pie and glass of port and wait for the sound of sleigh bells in the night air......

Then on Christmas day we will go to Church to celebrate the birth of Jesus , which is the real meaning of Christmas.
What do you use as reindeer food? At pre-school they gave us something sparkly but I don't know what to put out now. We've only come up with a carrot for Rudolph (and my daughter is already defensive of him because the other reindeer wouldn't let him "join in any reindeer games".:lol).
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
What do you use as reindeer food? At pre-school they gave us something sparkly but I don't know what to put out now. We've only come up with a carrot for Rudolph (and my daughter is already defensive of him because the other reindeer wouldn't let him "join in any reindeer games".:lol).
We sprinkle a mix of bird seed and glitter on the lawn and leave a carrot on the mantlepiece....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We sprinkle a mix of bird seed and glitter on the lawn and leave a carrot on the mantlepiece....
Thank you! I think that's what they gave us at pre-school. Sorted!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Is this still going - Santa will have come and gone by the time you've finished - it's a joke honest please dont shoot me!
*loads gun*...I'll give you 3 seconds to start running.

Just kidding lol
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Well I stopped reading all the posts when it got a bit hinky. I think I realised about the age of 7 that it was my Dad who brought the pressies in but kept up the illusion for him for many years after! lol
My daughter has just sent her Santa letters off for her 5 and 2 years olds. When he replied the 5 year old's face was magical she said, I wish I had been there to see it. I think there is enough reality in the world for children and I think it would be a shame for the pc brigade to spoil one of the last bastions of childhood.
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17