Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Endorsments are often not worth the paper their written on your right, and dont not stand up in a court of law. BUT for me its something, you have done the very most you can to protect any pups you let out into the community. That something, is for me better than nothing.
It might not hold up in a court of law - but implemented correctly they hold great stock with the KC.

Every which way we look, the PF campaigners, and clearly many of the people on here want to screw the responsible hobby breeders to the point where they will give up - then who will meet the gap in demand?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
it does nothing dd.. only people that take notice r the good guys to start with.

... it may clear a few breeders conciousness(sp) tho

If you vet potential owners correctly in the first place your pups are only ever going to go to the good guys!

I dont see what that has got to do with it? Doesnt clear anything, its just something extra and like I said for me, better than nothing.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by swarthy View Post
It might not hold up in a court of law - but implemented correctly they hold great stock with the KC.

Every which way we look, the PF campaigners, and clearly many of the people on here want to screw the responsible hobby breeders to the point where they will give up - then who will meet the gap in demand?
oh dear ... what makes you say that?

...... knowing said dog is microchipped and neutered when mature hold much more clout to me than ..'if u breed they wont be kc reg'

.... what do u mean 'hold great stock with the kc'? they are just record keepers really.

the sort of people im talking about would breed to make a fast buck....dont need to be kc reg to charge ridiculous amounts for pups.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 04:42 PM
If you vet potential owners correctly in the first place your pups are only ever going to go to the good guys!

I dont see what that has got to do with it? Doesnt clear anything, its just something extra and like I said for me, better than nothing.
people say what you want to hear sad but true,its not the breeders fault.

..... money refunded for neutering and chipping does alot more for the said dog and breed than kc endorsements....i cant be the only person that thinks that.
swarthy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:04 PM
oh dear ... what makes you say that?
Statements such as 'hold back £250 to give back to the owner that money isn't coming out of the puppy sale, but the breeders own pocket over and above the money already invested - so in your eyes, we would be paying the puppy buyers to own our pups

my pups are chipped before they leave here for no extra cost -because I got sick to death of hearing pathetic excuses around the forums by puppy owners and vets alike with comments such as 'oh but it hurts'

People should be targetting the darn PF and BYB NOT those who are doing everything in their power to get it right!

.... what do u mean 'hold great stock with the kc'? they are just record keepers really.
It stops the pups being registered with the KC - you DO have to rely on picking the right puppy owners - and I've no doubt there might be times when we get it wrong, - but certainly I know the people who have bought my pups to date have gone to tremendous lengths to get a pup from me - and if have any qualms at any stage during that process, then I won't sell them a pup and most of the breeders I know are exactly the same.

..... money refunded for neutering and chipping does alot more for the said dog and breed than kc endorsements....i cant be the only person that thinks that.
And WHERE is that money coming from? We are already told by some members that pedigree pups are 'too expensive' for some, so they go to PF and BYB - so lets make them even more expensive - sending even MORE people to PF and BYB
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Statements such as 'hold back £250 to give back to the owner that money isn't coming out of the puppy sale, but the breeders own pocket over and above the money already invested - so in your eyes, we would be paying the puppy buyers to own our pups

my pups are chipped before they leave here for no extra cost -because I got sick to death of hearing pathetic excuses around the forums by puppy owners and vets alike with comments such as 'oh but it hurts'

It stops the pups being registered with the KC - you DO have to rely on picking the right puppy owners - and I've no doubt there might be times when we get it wrong, - but certainly I know the people who have bought my pups to date have gone to tremendous lengths to get a pup from me - and if have any qualms at any stage during that process, then I won't sell them a pup and most of the breeders I know are exactly the same.
simply put the money aside
..if i ever breed again i will sincerely consider the option,i know how much it costs to rear a litter and everything that can go wrong and everything it entails ...it should matter more that the dog you have bred will not be bred from without your knowledge.....it doesnt wash saying 'you would be paying them to buy a pup'
...to me your inability to see how it helps more than endorsements ...and the fact you have such a problem with the money being 'put aside'.... seems you do want to make a profit
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:17 PM

People should be targetting the darn PF and BYB NOT those who are doing everything in their power to get it right!

And WHERE is that money coming from? We are already told by some members that pedigree pups are 'too expensive' for some, so they go to PF and BYB - so lets make them even more expensive - sending even MORE people to PF and BYB
no one is being targeted.... all ive said is something is a good idea and you have taken it personally
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I would worry about selling a pup to some one that I would have to PAY to ensure the dog neautered or what ever!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:21 PM

There was the case recently of the re homed dog who had to have the endorsement lifted - whether the breeder wanted it or not.....as the new owners had not signed the agreement the KC had to lift it.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I would worry about selling a pup to some one that I would have to PAY to ensure the dog neautered or what ever!
I had not even considered it as an option - but I do think it would be a good idea.

Looking at the price of a BC pup - it would probably not be £250 - maybe £100 would make more sense.
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »