View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Do you know now I think on, even just being a 'helping mum' on school trips, I have been left in charge of my son and 2 of his pals, in the middle of Christmas theatre outing had to take them to the loo on my own, i've helped when they took them to the beach, farm, e.t.c, and again, left basically to my own devices with them and if that is how much trust was laid on me, just helping out, imagine how much a woman who works there is trusted with the children. When you think about it, it's quite frightening how easily something like this could happen, look at baby P and the other children like him and THAT happened when he was being closely monitored! So as to what can be done, I honestly don't know. Look at her husband, even he didn't know and her poor kids. Imagine finding out your mum had done something so evil.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
I used to help run a mums and tots and then a play school,
and to be honest if someone said they were just going to take a child to the toilet, or similer, it would not have occured to me that wasn't what they were doing.
Yes, that's what I was thinking! The really young ones must need toilet help so maybe that's when this dirty b*tch was doing her stuff! Makes me sick to my stomach. The more I think about it, the more sorry I feel for the parents. They must be worried sick that their kids have been abused. Don't know how I'd deal with it

I hope they lock her away for a very long time and I hope to God she hasn't been doing the same to her kids behind closed doors - doesn't bear thinking about

And about mental health issues with regard to this monster. Sorry, mental health to me is people who are vulnerable or not capable of knowing what they are doing is vile and despicable. She did this without being noticed, so she knew it was wrong, she knew she was taking away childrens' sweet innocense! She's a sicko that needs pts Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's how I feel! Of course, she is innocent until proven guilty, we have to bear that in mind but if all is true, she's beyond disgusting
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Pidge;1707086]Even if they were gone for 20 minutes?

If the child had soiled themselves, then yes, it could take 20 minutes.
People who do these kind of things are smart and cunning, it would not have to take 20 minutes.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=lynnb;1707104]
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Even if they were gone for 20 minutes?

If the child had soiled themselves, then yes, it could take 20 minutes.
People who do these kind of things are smart and cunning, it would not have to take 20 minutes.
Hmmm, maybe I am being abit naive. That's true I guess.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:03 PM
As i said earlier i think this woman is sick and deserves everything she gets.

The sad fact is that this kind of thing will have always gone on, its just that these days the media is more "advanced" to report it. Also I guess we have to be thankful to modern technology as without it this woman may never have been bought down but then I guess you could argue that and say it's modern technology that has allowed her to do this.

I think its fair to say her life is over and she deserves that, as for getting her kids back - well if that was my mother i wouldn't even look at her again let alone speak to her.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:05 PM
[quote=Helena54;1707019]
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
"Hundreds of photos" might not necessary have from Little Teds nursery though.
For all we know none of them could be from there.[/QUOTE]

True again Jen, and also, how easy is it nowadays to snap a quick photo with a mobile, it's done in seconds isn't it. We don't know what the pictures are either do we, they could be seen as quite innocent to us SOME of them, but to a peado, well the mind boggles, and now I feel sick.....
I think it certainly sounds like this was all done within a matter of seconds sometimes H

This woman is disgusting, vile and going to cause thousands of parents hours of concern. Rachel works as a teaching assistant at a special needs school, and parents put their kids in their care in good faith, obviously in such a place the staff are all monitored and evaluated on a regular basis, how horrific that this trust has been abused in this case, but there are thousands of nursery workers, teaching assistants, and teachers who will now face the backlash of this horrendous incident. Thankfully this monster can be caged, God wiling.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:16 PM
maybe the time has come for CCTV to be a regular part of childcare? How would you feel about cameras in loos, outside the doors so you knew exactly who was in the cubicle etc.....Not sure how you would deal with nappy changing but could be similar?
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:18 PM
There is CCTV at the school where Rach works
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I think yet again life surprises you.. and sadly yet again, we are put in a position of not trusting anyone any more.

Form the pics of her, she looks a normal every day woman.

I feel for anyone who has to place their trust in others today , to look after their kids...

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Oh .

Being an ex-nursery nurse I can tell you now that if a colleague of mine was gone with a child or two, long enough for this kind of thing to happen I would know.

Sorry, but thats is rather a naive statement.. how would you know..

You would have to have a a suspicious mind, keeping watch and suspecting all your colleges to be able to "Know" some one was doing such terrible things.

A photo can take a second to take,... a trip to the toilet, with miss so and so, does is not supervised.. and are you saying you would be clock watching every member of staff taking every child to the toilet or similar

I used to run a mums and toddlers many moons ago, I and others would on occasion take kiddies tot he toilet, if they wet their pants. to wash their hands , put their coats on, wellies..all manner of things.. on occasion you would be left alone with other people's children.

I defy anyone to have the insight to "KNOW" something is amiss in a busy nursery/ toddler group environment , on a daily basis, unless given a reason to suspect anything at all!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Jackbox with all due respect with current child protection training the toileting of children on a one to one basis should not happen. In our Sunday school group we are not allowed to do this, it is always two adults or the adult stands outside the door in full view of others.
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »