View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I know when you hear of things like this it makes you wanna wrap your kids up in cotton wool.
I still cant believe that noone else noticed strange goings on....but I guess you just would never think that of a female who works with children and has children of her own.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
A CRB check will only show those people who have been convicted. even if they have been under suspiscion (sp) only a conviction will show.This is the problem with the system in that I feel it sometimes leads to a false sense of security and perhaps dulls our natural intuitions.

What keeps children safer is actually the child protection laws and guidelines which advocate no-one adult being alone with a child. This is to protect both the child and adult(from false accusations).

I would be checking any childcare facility that my children were at to see what their policies were.

I cannot imagine what the parents are going through at the moment and would be inclined to think that the nursery itself will not survive this.

let's just hope she gets what's coming to her!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
A CRB check will only show those people who have been convicted. even if they have been under suspiscion (sp) only a conviction will show.This is the problem with the system in that I feel it sometimes leads to a false sense of security and perhaps dulls our natural intuitions.

What keeps children safer is actually the child protection laws and guidelines which advocate no-one adult being alone with a child. This is to protect both the child and adult(from false accusations).

I would be checking any childcare facility that my children were at to see what their policies were.

I cannot imagine what the parents are going through at the moment and would be inclined to think that the nursery itself will not survive this.

let's just hope she gets what's coming to her!
I agree about the child protection laws. As Rach says, a CRB only highlights convictions. If people have't been convicted of anything it won't show up.
I think this was one of those things that sadly were just waiting to happen.
Did anyone see that tv programme,the undercover one about children's nursery facilities a while ago? It was scary stuff.

Poor poor kids.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Those poor poor children, I don't know what to say, I feel so awful for the parents, imagine knowing your baby might be in one of those photos, knowing fine well how horrendous they must be. the police should have let the parents loose on her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I can't begin to explain my feelings over this, only that if it had been my children/grandchildren at that nursery I would have been right up there, banging on police vans and screaming abuse.
I just shudder to think what had been going on.
sick sick sick
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I'm disgusted on an almost daily basis by the human race at the moment.
Downside to the job?

As an ex-nursery nurse this sickens me!! What I don't understand is how she got away with it without anyone noticing and being suspicious! Was she alone with these children?

She is sick though, seriously. You don't do this kind of thing unless you have mental issues unfortunately so she is clearly sick.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Downside to the job?

As an ex-nursery nurse this sickens me!! What I don't understand is how she got away with it without anyone noticing and being suspicious! Was she alone with these children?
She is sick though, seriously. You don't do this kind of thing unless you have mental issues unfortunately so she is clearly sick.
Being an ex nursery nurse yourself, you must appreciate that she wouldn't HAVE to be left alone with any of these children would she. Children will go where with whoever if they're in a safe environment like a nursery won't they! She only had to say to one of them, "come with me, I've got something to show you, it's a surprise" and off she trots with the kid somewhere secluded somewhere alone, it's not rocket science is it!!

I don't have kids myself, don't want them, but I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the news, and very surprised that it was a woman toboot! Well, not an actual woman, some kind of freak to put it mildly!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Helena I think pidge means that in a nursery ALL the staff should be alert to where ALL the children are ALL of the time(at least thats how i see it!)
it would be suspicious if SHE was the one always taking them to the loo for long periods or keep leaving the room.
Kids at nursey usually have a schedule to follow...i cant personally get how she did this.
Which shows incompetence (sp) of the whole nursery ...so it should be shut down completly imo.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, if I was a nursery nurse, and one of the other staff took a child off to the loo, or anywhere for that matter, maybe saying to me, "oh, I'm just taking little Freddy off to the kitchen to clean his face up" say, then who would be suspiscious of that??? You wouldn't follow every single person with every single kid everywhere in that nursery would you??? Maybe you would then It wouldn't appear suspiscious to me at all if somebody said that to me, I'd just believe them and let them get on with it quite honestly wouldn't you??

I do have a very long memory and I do remember being at nursery school, and all the staff members were never there ALL of the time, sometimes we had one, or two, or maybe all of them, but from what I can remember they kind of had one person looking after some of us and not others, and in my mind, they would be far too occupied with what they were doing than to keep a check on the other staff to see what they were up to surely??
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Well we have a nursey right by were we live, actually it's on the way to the shops so I pass it everyday. Now the workers there take some of the children out in prams. those double buggy things and I have seen them with two double buggies and 2 children walking and only two workers. The others I can hear playing in the grounds.

I think, if your that way inclined it would not be difficult to get a child on it's own. I know there is suppose to be a ratio of workers to children, but in reality this does not happen. One child needs the loo surely 2 workers don't go to police each other. People like this are smart and know how to work, I'm sorry to say

Elaine x
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »