View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 05:19 PM
We run events etc. for children (not under 7s) and have a rule of no member of staff being alone with a child. It`s expensive, as we need to employ extra staff but it`s worth it. The rule is as much for our protection as the kids` TBH.
I`m surprised this nursery didn`t have Child Protection strategies in place.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't know how we're going to get around this one. I think no matter what strategies are in place, there will always be one who will find a way to slip through the net. Its a horrible world we live in.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
But surely there must have been a 'real' child for those pictures to apear on a internet site?

Elaine xx
it depends, i would imagine that there are a lot more drawn images then there are photographic ones as they are still perfectly legal to posess and view in many countries (I think they were here up until very recently, they may even be still) and the penalties are much lighter for owning them in places where they are illegal than for owning images of real children. they are even sold openly in shops in some countries! though in that case if it stops a real child from being abused, i'm all for it.
with images of real children.. i dont wish to sound callous and i wouldnt wish this on any child, let alone for pictures of it to be put out to be seen by all and sundry. but, perhaps it is better for one child to be abused and satisfy the perverse needs of many, than for lots of children to be abused because there was no other way for the perpetrators to express their abusive desires (for lack of better words)? i dont know if thats right or not, that is not for me to judge. and it certainly doesn't justify it at all... i may be way off the mark, its a very difficult issue to get your head around...

i agree lorna, someone i know was abused by a man who belonged to their church (cant say too much as the court case is ongoing), these people find their ways into positions of trust specifically to gain access to children. in this victims case there were many adults that knew or must have at least suspected, but they stood by and did nothing, one tried to destory evidence, one even accused the victim of lying when they tried to confide in them and made the victim apologise to the abuser (victim was quite a bit older than the children in this case) but they sure kept their own kids away from him, and warned him to stay away from them... it only all came out because he moved in with a woman (with young children), who he then married specifically because it would make him look better in court!! it makes you wonder how many adults would enable a thing like this, it must make it so easy when you have other people to cover up for you
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17