Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Ive got two Labs at the moment "Jake & Charlie"

So many breeds I'd like to have but for some reason I've always fancied having a bloodhound or a basset
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Got a long haired Chihuahua and a shih Tzu cross at the mo

Would love an italian greyhound another chihuahua and a french bulldog oh and a pug!!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I had GSDs for many years until I lost faith with the look, health and temperament so I got an Akita. I also have 3 crossbreeds. If I was to get another dog it would be a mutt.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Ive got two Labs at the moment "Jake & Charlie"

So many breeds I'd like to have but for some reason I've always fancied having a bloodhound or a basset
My friend has a Bassett hound and she said they are really smelly dogs For some reason they just have an awful smell to them....not sure if it's true tho!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:51 PM
have 2 border collies and 1 springer x collie

woudl like to have a dalmation in a couple of years - but i love::
boxers (id like a tan colour one called tyson! dunno y!)
german shepherds - white one
and a chihuahua!!!

more than anything though id like to have a rescue dog next - ive bought one puppy and id like to rehome a dog and at least give one poor dog in this world a loving home.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Leonbergers and Xbreeds here and I hope there will always be a mix here.

But my Dream Dog since about 5 is Newfoundland (Black):smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 .
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by dinners85 View Post
Hi Luke

Fingal is my second Springer. My first (Beau) was a working dog who came and went on and off (with my older brother who was a gamekeeper) before eventually becoming mine.

Fingal was a real shock to the system as he was from 'working stock' and I've had him since 8 weeks.

I would say (unlike Beau who had calmed down before having to be a pet) Fingal was a real shock to the system. We had mass destruction and although I look back now and laugh, I swore (up untill he was about 4) that I would never have another Springer as 'a pet'

Having said that, he's good as gold now (aged 7) and perhaps......

although our black lab is on the way - 1 week old now !!
They can be demons, Ralph has had me on the brink of tears before now..but i think if you know what your getting, know what to expect, have the time and the power to dedicate then it works well.
I couldn't imagine not having a springer now, that character is undefinable!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I've got a 5 month old Leonberger. I have waited for him for so long. He is my dream dog and I cannot imagine a life now without a Leonberger. He is the most placid, easy going and loveable dog I have ever known. I just have to look at that beautiful face and it instantly puts a smile on my face. So for the future it will be Leos, Leos and more Leos
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I have two Staffords and a rescue Springer
I love all terrier breeds,all spaniels and big breeds too,never really thought that much about owning anything else other than SBT's i just adore the breed.
Hubby loves working dogs such as springers,shame that they out do him in the brains dept
cuzbull
Dogsey Junior

24-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a british bulldog, would love another one. Also would love to own a french bulldog, pug, boston terrier korean mastiff and a chocolate newfie.

I can only dream.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >