Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 06:25 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all. Sun shining here.
Not sure how warm it is as I have not ventured out yet.

Woken up this morning all confused and lots of things going through my mind re: leaving this house and buying a new one.

Firstly the pond we bought last week what do we do with it we don't want too many extra's on the removal lorry. We will see if Mark would like it but he may say its too big for his diddly little garden. If he doesn't want it we will stick it on ebay.
Gill rung last night updating me about when eldest brother is going to visit mum. I was going to wait to tell her about the house as I know how upset she will be. She asked how the pond was going so I had to tell her I can't lie to her not even a white lie.
She was asking about why we didn't think about going back to near where we use to live. I told her to be mortgage free its not affordable for us. She didn't understand saying they are only ex council houses. I explained its the location and ease of reaching London that commands the price.
We have both woken up thinking if we can't start ringing agents till tomorrow we may have to wait till Tuesday to look at properties it may be a bit of a tight schedule and people may not be available tomorrow.
We need to view the ones we like all on the same due to travel costs and length of time for leaving Dillon.

On the cards for me today washing out walking Dillon and sitting with Gorden deciding which houses we would like viewings for. Lots of coffee methinks.

Have a good Sunday everyone and I hope all those feeling poorly feel better soon. Harvey I hope you and Alena are ok. Thoughts still with you.
Bev if you are at the stall again today with Lily enjoy and I hope you're not to tired.
Norma enjoy the sheep shearing and Magners.
Malka hoping you and Pereg had a peaceful night.
If i have missed anyone sorry I will catch you later.
Helena I hope Zena and Dave had a better night.

Have a safe and happy Sunday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Yes we are back again today Lynn for the day. Its very hot out there already. Poor lily was shattered last night as she worked relentlessly all day for 10 hrs (see pic in photos).

I know how your feeling about the move Lynn, worrying what to do with things. With the wedding only 10 days away and then the move hopefully 2 weeks after that. I am worrying about how the heck I am going to go through the mountains of stuff here to sort what I can take to a smaller house and what needs to go and when exactly with my work commitments I am going to get time to do it. Still I suppose somehow it will all come right on its own (praying for a miracle ).

Hope everyone is ok today and you can all enjoy the glorious weather. Have a lovely day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Morning Lynn and all

It's cool and misty around the house but when I took the dogs on the bike and got to the top of the track it is beautiful.

Shame about the pond and the dilemma, can't you return it? I hope you manage to see all of the houses you like in one day and that one feels like the right one for you.

I didn't manage to post on here much yesterday but did see that poor Zena had a troubled night. I hope she is better now H.

My friend stayed for 2 nights as she had entered Windsor, we had a lovely day out and I got to be the dotty old lady pushing her Chihuahua's around in their pushchair. We picked it up at the show and the dogs loved it! They asked to go back in it when they had enough of walking.

Have a good day all, think of me working all day.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:42 AM
It's hard, isn't it but you cannot live your life suiting other folk's ideas,, try to take it all one thing at a time and not get wound up.

Dark chilly day here and rain clouds veiling the mountains ,Opened the bedroom windows very early to rain song and swallow twitter. They are flying low which means rain.

When I took the dogs out cat was having a sing song hidden in the field. Collie was going bananas at the mere sound, doing her funny 4 legged bounce bark.

All are safe and sleeping now, and I have an old film on youtube to beguile the time and distract from pain etc.

Finally got to call family also and we had a long talk re the kidney infection and dr situation and are totally agreed on the plan. So that is good indeed.

Nothing to be done until I have the letter from the drs when fur will start to fly.

A little knitting now so things are easing but am being very careful indeed now.

Hope you all have a happy Sunday,,,
Blessings and peace from windy Ireland
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Yes we are back again today Lynn for the day. Its very hot out there already. Poor lily was shattered last night as she worked relentlessly all day for 10 hrs (see pic in photos).

I know how your feeling about the move Lynn, worrying what to do with things. With the wedding only 10 days away and then the move hopefully 2 weeks after that. I am worrying about how the heck I am going to go through the mountains of stuff here to sort what I can take to a smaller house and what needs to go and when exactly with my work commitments I am going to get time to do it. Still I suppose somehow it will all come right on its own (praying for a miracle ).

Hope everyone is ok today and you can all enjoy the glorious weather. Have a lovely day.
Having moved 8 times in ten years my heart goes out to you.. See it like eating an elephant; a small bite at a time..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Morning Bev daunting isn't it and I haven't got half on my plate going on that you have. I am not looking forward to tackling the loft been putting it off but now we have to sort it.
Will look at the photos in a minute of Lily.
Enjoy your day.

Morning Gerri don't think we can return the pond it was older stock cheap to make way for new ones.
Your day yesterday sounded fun cheeky little chi's.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Rose.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Good morning all and all who follow. Back from the lake - and oh JOY - this morning there are CLOUDS! Clouds and breeze, bliss! Bella is obviously so 'not overheated' that when I got into the bathroom to shower her - she dived under my bed and is still there glaring out from under lol!

I'll catch her later - am going to change the bedding today so not bothered if she leaps onto it all salty and sandy.

I've stood the small stepladder in the spare room ready so no excuse not to put storage boxes up top today.

Lynn what an exciting time ahead of you - try not to let stuff like the fishpond mar it for you. And for stuff you cannot sell too easily - there's always FREECYCLE I got shot of all the stuff I hung onto until the last minute via FREECYCLE.

Good luck with getting EAs to arrange sensible appointments for you. I remember when I was looking in Torbay and travelling from Newlyn - property was selling then before the for sale ads went up in the windows. And the EAs, the lazy gits were basically getting their money for doing nowt. Almost every ad in their shops was 'SOLD'. In the end I used to set off and ring them when almost there. The one I bought I managed to get to see before they wrote it up and made a firm offer for full asking price there and then (much to the annoyance of the EAs because gazumping was rife at the time).

People who aren't going to be around for 'viewings' should really give the EAs a key but not all of them will. I really hope you can get to see several on same day - if property isn't selling fast you might succeed.

Madmare - will go see Lily pics in a mo. Nice to hear someone in UK complaining it is too hot!

Moetmum - thanks for the laugh! This insane vision of you pushing 2 pincy poncy chi's around in a stroller lol! Where are the photos!!!!!

Woke to a message from my daughter ......

"mummy I need the dog - send her over I will meet her at the airport"

nutter!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn,

The sun was shining at 5.50 this morning (I was in the garden with the dogs ..... and at 3.25 too) but sitting outside now by the river 6.50) the sun has gone and its cooler If it wasn't the fact that all forecasts say we are due a very hot and sunny day I wouldn't actually believe it.

The party we went to was great fun last night but I wandered back around midnight as I wanted to spend some time with the dogs and not have a repeat of the the previous night. They were as good as gold and settled with no problems when we finally went to bed. I'm fairly sure I now know why they woke me up soon after 3 and and were frantic to go into the garden ..... a fox being on the island opposite us (I've put another thread about it).

Lynn - Your house viewing clearly went well How exciting although the pressure is on a little now. I'm sure you'll find your ideal home and I always think things happen for a reason.

Bev - No wonder you and Lily are feeling a trifle tired today after yesterday's marathon event. Enjoy your day today.

Morning Moet and Rosebud.

I'll pop in later but off to have some brekkie with OH.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi Pat you snuck in while I was typing. What a relief to have some cloud cover. Enjoy your day and don't you go falling off that step ladder
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »