View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 01:51 PM
He's doing really well at the moment, Moyra - thanks for asking.

The new meds and Vit D supplement are really doing the trick (touch wood). He hasn't had a fit that we know of since February. He still has his three definite moods - pleasant Gary, over the top Gary and depressed Gary, but he's coping with them better and when he's coping, we cope better too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 01:54 PM
I understand what you are saying, Kelly, because you don't know if sitting back will give them the confidence to escalate or whether taking action will escalate it.

Personally, I would go for it especially as things are still ongoing over the dispute, but I'm not in your situation so it's difficult to judge.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2019, 02:21 PM
griff no matter how small you think your problem may be to others it is still a problem and you like anyone else are entitled to help just the same.

Not sure if the platelet is the same as stem cell I am not sure that it is. Our vet seems very confident it helps as she has done a few one on an elderly lab and had good results that she thinks Dillon would benefit if he doesn't make the improvement she will be looking for in another month. I asked how invasive it is and she says not very they shave a small patch on the leg and draw some blood and then she will start with the elbows. Given he has four limbs with problems she will at some point do his hips when the elbows are better. He will need some rest and supervised exercise but not much and not for long.
I also asked the question re: price the kit costs £500 and there will be sedation cost. So the most we are looking at is possibly £800. They draw enough blood to store and freeze so the hips will be the cost of sedation and the implanting of the platelets so not nearly as much as the kit.
I will phone the insurance in the week and see as we haven't claimed for those limbs in the past year if they will now not be on exclusion clause.

Chris glad Gary seems to be doing better on the new meds.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2019, 08:39 PM
Cheers everyone for your support, haven't heard from the police...now the other car has packed up! Never rains hey! Nice thing though, my dad's sister text last night to check on him and his brother has text tonight too
Lynn, the platelets thing sounds brilliant! And much more affordable then the stem cells...I bet it's a canine version of those vampire face lifts lol...they take your blood and inject it back into your face and I think it's supposed to stimulate collagen or something
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2