Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 09:16 AM

Any Ideas?

I'm in a bit of a predicament...I have a show booked in Malvern for next Wednesday, it is a champ show and I already know there are only a few entries, although I'm have no idea how many are in Henry's class. It would be just my luck that there will be only a couple and I would have a chance to qualify him so I feel almost desperate to get there. Not that I don't think he can take competition but it would just be so much easier if there were only a few dogs to compete against.

Clive was going to take me as I can't drive, but something has come up now and he can't make it so I had decided to drive myself. Unfortunately, I now have to have my knee op done this Friday so there is no way I can drive myself after all. I did think about hiring an automatic car for the day as I can drive that, then stand him in the ring and ask someone to move him for me. I don't know if a hire company would let me take a hairy dog out in their car and I wouldn't want to be deceptive.

Henry only has another month or so in Junior and Clive is desperate for me to qualify him as he has never had a show dog before. We were scuppered a bit when he was attacked and now we have yet another obstacle in our way.

Has anyone any ideas?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Train and Taxi?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Train and Taxi?
Good idea but I'm not going to be able to walk either having had my knee operated on. I need to be there for 9 am and its a few hours drive away normally, let alone if I have to stagger my route.

I know it sounds so desperate its laughable, but, if I try all options but don't get there then so be it
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Cancel op and drive

sorry not much help lol xx

hope you get it sorted xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Sheree, my hubby has just had his knee done 2wks ago, sorry to say this but you are kidding yourself if you think you can 10drive , insurance will be valid, you are nto allowed to drive for a week after op, 2) do any of the walking involved in getting from car park to showground, standign around, sitting down and in the ring.

If you do to much you will set your knee back ,

Sad to say Sheree, unless you can get someone to drive you or take Henry for you , you will just have to chalk this up to one that got away!

You still have the LKA and Stafford (if you have entered)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
Cancel op and drive

sorry not much help lol xx

hope you get it sorted xx
Thanks Mel It did go through my mind but I've been in so much pain with the knee, and I have another show booked at the end of October so I don't think there will ever be the right time to have it done xx

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sheree, my hubby has just had his knee done 2wks ago, sorry to say this but you are kidding yourself if you think you can 10drive , insurance will be valid, you are nto allowed to drive for a week after op, 2) do any of the walking involved in getting from car park to showground, standign around, sitting down and in the ring.

If you do to much you will set your knee back ,

Sad to say Sheree, unless you can get someone to drive you or take Henry for you , you will just have to chalk this up to one that got away!

You still have the LKA and Stafford (if you have entered)
Thanks Jackie...I know last time I had it done I wasn't very mobile for weeks, and I had planned to drive before I knew the op was going to be rushed. I have booked Stafford but he is out of Junior 20th November so would have to go into PG at LKA, he is mature enough so maybe we will have to wait until then

I'm really cross as there were only 5 in his class at Richmond and 9 at Driffield, there are only 60 odd entered over 22 classes next week so the odds are that there may only be 3 in his class...I suppose I could ring Fosse Data and ask them
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Mel It did go through my mind but I've been in so much pain with the knee, and I have another show booked at the end of October so I don't think there will ever be the right time to have it done xx

Thanks Jackie...I know last time I had it done I wasn't very mobile for weeks, and I had planned to drive before I knew the op was going to be rushed. I have booked Stafford but he is out of Junior 20th November so would have to go into PG at LKA, he is mature enough so maybe we will have to wait until then

I'm really cross as there were only 5 in his class at Richmond and 9 at Driffield, there are only 60 odd entered over 22 classes next week so the odds are that there may only be 3 in his class...I suppose I could ring Fosse Data and ask them
Cant you find someone who will take you and show Henry for you!! its a bummer having to miss a show when you knwo the entries are low,

Shame I am so far away , I woudl willingly take you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 10:45 AM
I think with a knee op on the Friday, you won't be going anywhere hon x - even IF Clive was driving you - sorry!

Be sensible now......... x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Cant you find someone who will take you and show Henry for you!! its a bummer having to miss a show when you knwo the entries are low,

Shame I am so far away , I woudl willingly take you
Aww thanks Jackie

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I think with a knee op on the Friday, you won't be going anywhere hon x - even IF Clive was driving you - sorry!

Be sensible now......... x

I always bounce back quickly from my ops, I was hoping this would be the same..I suppose what will be will be xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I would have gladly taken you too if not so far away
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >