Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:40 AM

Tad uncalled for I think!!

Took pig out for her morning stroll before the puppy arrives for the day and bumped into a man with 2 whippets and a grey, lovely dogs and they all came over for a sniff while the man was doing something on his phone.

they were having a charge about and play in the long grass along the river so he couldnt see her but just shapes doing zoomies!! All happy and everyone was chasing everyone! I carried on walking and they all came haring out the grass and along the path back to me. At this point the bloke started screaming and shouting at his dogs to come back. I thought something had happened so called rox and shoved her back on the lead while he checked his dogs over. Then all of a sudden I just got a ton of abuse from this man!!!
' F****** devil dogs, how dare you put your dog onto mine! She would have killed the whippet if she got hold of 'im' ' Its stupid kids like you with dangerous dogs like that who are F****** it up for everyone else. Im going to report you to the police for having IT unmuzzled when you should know what its capable of (with its lockable jaw you know?? ) All those dogs should be left in kennels to rot' He was right in my face having such a go at me

At this point one of my clients came into the field (thank god) so her lab made a beeline for me and roxie and they ran off playing and I walked on but it just really upset me that a) people still continue to have this opinion of the breed REGARDLESS of how much you try and tell them that my dog is NOT going to rip your dogs throat out and b) that im stupid enough to let her loose to play when she is obviously so dangerous and agressive.

Sorry i know its a bit of a rambling post im just a bit shaken up by the whole thing
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:52 AM
This is a ghastly experience for you hon, and , very sadly, it's one of the reasons that I won't have a staffie (one of my absolute favourite breeds). I just couldn't deal with the numerous pillocks out there.

So sorry this happened to you...... sending you some hugs xxx
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Stupid idiot. I love staffies and I can't wait for the day that I can go to a rescue and pick one out.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:57 AM
really sorry to hear this, but you did the right thing and didnt get back in his face and scream at him the way he was to you, otherwise sadly it would just give him more ammunition.

People like that wont ever change their mind, and in my experience its better to ignore them.

HUge hugs for you and rox xxxxx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 07:58 AM
You just met one of the my dog / child is a precious little fragile angel and every other dog / human is a threat to them See what a big man I can be be in protecting Daddys Precious Darlings Ug bloke.
We meet a lot of those. Usually cycling down the middle of the pavement with colour-co-ordinated broodlings in a size-graduated crocodile cycling behind. They get really annoyed when I don`t leap out into the road so the DPDs don`t have to slow down.
I expect the best thing to do is to launch into a civilised debate on his behaviour and attitudes but personally I find a short phrase or two suffices. Fornicate and Expire being my favourite atm. Of course it does help to have two big dogs flanking you, grinning at the man.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Thankyou guys, Hugs and love much appreciated!! by the time Id walked over to brodys mum (the lab i walk) I was in tears! It just shocked me how ok he was when he didnt know her breed and then flew off the handle when he saw her face!!

I was too shocked to say anything back!! Im looking after a great dane x english mastif at the begining of august so hope i bump into him then !!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:05 AM
WHat a shame your walk was spoiled by this man.

Meeting a torrent of abuse with no response is always the best way. That way, should you be challenged later on by say the police etc you can demonstrate the offender had no reason to behave in this inexcusable way.

I recorded somebody once with my phone when they hurled a torrent of abuse at me because they took exception to a GSD out and about; it proved useful when I reported him to the police...........
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Hugs hun, there are some funny folk with funny ideas about.........glad you and yours are ok xxxxxxxx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Its horrid when you get that for no reason, ignorant people.

The press have completely changed public perception of staffies---we had a call the other day for a dog who could look aggressive----they suggested a rottie a GSD ----or a staffie! I told them that staffies weren't an option as they had a bad enough press at the best of times at the moment.

I always work on the basis that if any breed is off lead and running it will be OK. Mine don't mix but others do come over and Celt and Champa will say hello. Its worked so far for me and we have met a lot.

rune
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Its horrid when you get that for no reason, ignorant people.

The press have completely changed public perception of staffies---we had a call the other day for a dog who could look aggressive----they suggested a rottie a GSD ----or a staffie! I told them that staffies weren't an option as they had a bad enough press at the best of times at the moment.

I always work on the basis that if any breed is off lead and running it will be OK. Mine don't mix but others do come over and Celt and Champa will say hello. Its worked so far for me and we have met a lot.

rune
I have the same theory, offlead then go ahead, if they are on lead rox goes on lead, and i do actually put her on lead for puppies cause she doesnt have any breaks and is made of concrete.... lol

Thankyou guys, i feel much better now. Just a bit shocking more than anything xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >