View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Ouch, poor you! I do the exact same thing, I hate those little hooks with a passion!

When I was still at college I used to walk Molly in the mornings and if we got back late, I'd end up wearing my walking boots to school. One time I was wearing my walking boots and got called out of class and as I was walking across the front of the classroom, my lace got caught in the little hook on the side of my boot and I went flying in front of a group of about 30 students It wouldn't have been so bad but I did the exact same thing when I came back into the classroom!
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
In June last year I was walking woofs in a lovely field place by the seaside...woofs were in front of me so cant blame them for tripping me up!!

I fell over after a blade of grass attacked me!! Managed to dislocate my ankle and break it in 3 places. Woofs were fantastic and never left my side!! Paramedics couldnt find me for almost an hour due to being in the middle of nowhere. Couldnt have air ambulance or coastguard as both were already out on calls. Lots of entonox and morphine later-the world seemed a much nicer place!! Had metal plate inserted. Managed to get back to work by November after months of pain and physio...

Then...

I broke the same ankle again (potholes in work car park) in Dec and had surgery (to remove original plate and add more screwss to the other side)...Im still off work and can manage minimal walking. Am aiming to be back at work by the end of this month!! Am left with chronic pain-had accupuncture this pm which for me works really well!!

I wouldnt advise doing any of the above--I was sober both times too!!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Has this ever happend to anyone else?

I have some really good walking boots but when I tie the lases they wave around a bit, normally I tuck them in but yesterday one side came out and caught on the hook on my other boot , I was walking pretty fast at the time so ended up flat on my face (triped myself up how stupid is that) I now have a cut above and below my right eye and it it turning a nasty colour this morning, I have a very puffy right hand and a cut on my knee
Yup - done exactly the same!!! I had Bailey on lead and he was doing really well passing by another dog. I went to take a step just as the other dog was parallell with me and ended up on my butt!! Luckily the only injury was to my pride
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I HATE the hooks on top of walking boots! a couple of months ago I tripped in exactly the same way. Embarrassingly my laces got caught on the hooky things when walking through my village with Bo. I dropped the lead as I tripped and Bo ended up running into the road (thank goodness the car was going slowly and stopped safely) because a lady tried to approach her, which spooked her as she can be a bit skitty around strangers.

Embarrassing and dangerous...bladdy boots.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Oh dear-we do sound an accident-prone lot don't we?

I had an embarassing accident 2 months ago on the park as Parker took exception to a large Staffy and went "WUFF" loudly at it and it took flight and ran into Cherry who leaped into the air and managed to escape from her harness and I fell over her and went flying through the air and landed in a heap. I sprained my ankle badly and Jamie had to help me back to the car. Cherry does seem to be a bit of a Jonah as things seem to often go wrong like this when she's about bless her!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Yep! Here too, but not the laces, i was half way up a small mountain and my then dog was being played will by a pup, he tried tp run away and they both ended up in the back of my knee, I heard the crack as I went down, I got up, saying I'm fine, to the pups mum , I managed to get back down drove home, about 2hrs later my friend took me to A&E four hours later I was home in a back slab, having ruptured all the ligaments in my foot, SIX WEEKS I was in plaster, and months of Physio. Must be fine now as running Kyesh when showing. Must admit that is not the only time I have ending up on the ground whilst walking my dogs, such fun.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Ouch to you all!!
I am usualy so clumsy so I cant believe I am not adding to this list yet

Think I will take my phone with me now when Im walking in the middle of nowhere!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2