Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chello
New Member!
Female 

10-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Sensitive Skin

Hi my dog has sensitive skin, and I used to find it a nightmare to wash. Mainly coz alot of the shampoo's kill fleas so it was too harsh for the skin.

I came across this stuff called kote glo, which is hypoallergenic and pH balanced, smells lush too, my friend actually uses it because it doesn't require any water and her dog hates getting in the bath.

http://www.norinse.co.uk/Waterless-Pet-Shampoo/
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
My boy only gets a proper bath once a year with a tea tree based shampoo (sometimes dont even use the shampoo but he gets unceremoniously despatched into the bath and showered!)

If he gets really muddy he will have his legs and underneath washed off with rain water from the water butt. Or a wipe over with a cloth wrung out in hot water to get rid of rapeseed field sticky polleness!

If you dog is sensitive I would avoid baths (shampoos) unless absolutely necessary.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 12:11 PM
I have one with sensitive skin and to be completely honest I would find it hard to believe that a shampoo that you lather up with no water and just towel dry with no rinsing would be good for the skin. You may get away with it a few times but I would worry in case there was a "build up" of some sort

You can get shampoos from your vet which may seem expensive initially but you use very little and they last for a long time. They are specially designed to be gentle on the skin even for puppies.

Two which spring to mind are Seobalm and Malseb - the latter can be used for parasites but is really good stuff and calms the skin down, as I said both can be used with puppies.