Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 02:13 PM

give a dog a bad name

I like to think im a fair person ,and tolerant of most things and except that theres good a bad in all breeds,but what i carnt get my head around is idiot people who seem to revel in undoing all the good work that responible staffie owners put in .............last sunday morning my friend who has a standard poodle who is known locally as dog agressive and is therefore always walked on a flexie lead,was walking thru our local park when two teenagers came in with a staffie off lead , my friend seeing the dog coming her way called to them to call their dog away and was told , dont worry love he's ok , when she replied that her dog isnt , they just laughed and walked on it finished up in a fight my poor friend was badly shaken , her dog has a punture mark in his head but is ok , and these idiots thought the whole thing was hilarious, please to all you responible staffie owners one of whom i met this morning with a lovely little girl , dont be offended , im not have a pop at you but i just needed to let off steam on my friends behalf.............i feel better now
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Olly

its is horrendous and although I realise the point you are trying to make - its not just staffie owners. Every time I take bruno out I run into someone with an off lead dog who just cos their dog is ok thinks its ok for their dog to run around my dog aggressive dog and hope that i can hang on to him. Its ridiculous how many people just dont get responsible dog ownership means no matter how well trained your own dog is spare a thought for others.

This pair sound like complete idiots and sounds like nothing woudl change that - Did your friend get theri details to getthem to pay for the vet treatment as they are likely to be responsible due to their dog being off lead ?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 02:28 PM
its a shame....

I wa out with china the other day and she is always on lead with me as she can be aggressive...this little bordr terier comes running up and pounces on china...she tolerated it for about 30 seconds and the woman came running up to get the dog.

China started snapping and barking as she does not tolerate hyper dogs...

It got to the stage were i had to pick china up and this woman said, oh she wont bite, and i said
Im doing it for your dog not mine!
she replied" does your dog not play if she is off lead"

when i said no she doesnt really like dogs she gave me the filthiest look and walked away....struggling to put her dog back on lead..

I find this behaviour so irresponsible as it then makes our dog seem vicious

i wish people would respect the fact that somes peoples dogs dont want bothering!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Some people are just morons!!

Bit like driving a car - your driving might be ok but it's others that you need to watch out for! Common sense really.

Some people shouldn't be allowed dogs Even though Danny is "sort of" alright around other dogs, I would never assume for one minute that everyone elses dog is. Poor poodle - hope it's ok and your friend is ok too x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 02:35 PM
the other thing that annoys me is the owners whose loose dogs find themselves in bruno's face with me struggling to hold him back - who then say - "dont worry love it'll teach Fido ( or whatever) not to stick his nose in every dogs face - well bully for you but it just aggravates my dog even more so why should I be a guinea pig for you to test ur dog on - and also - would you be so calm if my dog bites yours ? I dont think so....
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Every time I am out with Bob and we see another dog we dont know he goes on the lead untill they get to know each other if the other dog stays on the lead then so does Bob
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh how i sympathise, Polly our JRT has a form of anxiety with strange dogs approaching her, she freezes quite literally and then when she 'comes round' she literally will rip whatever is in her way at that moment apart!!! We learnt this a loooooooong time ago so dont leave anything to chance anymore. I walk the dogs through the fields and woods and things and dont often run into another dog, when i do i can usually get Polly back before they phase her too much.
Buuuuut to get to these fields and woods, you have to work say 10 minutes past houses and through a bloody tesco which just ruins the land!!! Anyway i often run into idiots who have their larger dogs off the lead, and because Polly is absoloutley tiny when i say she isnt good with other dogs thus on the lead, they laugh!!!!!!!
And sadly, like Olly's friend, the usual candidate is a staffie with a bunch of stereo typical yob culture. And its these so called owners who give a breed a BAD name
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Danny is ok with other dogs but because he plays so rough, and this panics people, I don't let him play with other dogs - even if their own says "oh it's ok". What I know is staffie play, others think is an attack

Dogs are best kept on leads, that way, less harm can be done. (of course unless there's nobody around or your doglet has friends*
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by rob
Every time I am out with Bob and we see another dog we dont know he goes on the lead untill they get to know each other if the other dog stays on the lead then so does Bob
Totally agree I'm the same. Especially if the other dog is on lead as I am very consious of the fact that the dog is probably on the lead for a reason.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2006, 05:15 PM
It just take's one irresponsible staffie owner to spoil it for all the responsible ones....People like that should not have a stuffed dog!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >